“Amazing hotel, staff & honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

You added Jaz Mirabel Beach to your Saves list
Jaz Mirabel Beach
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Nabq Bay | P.O. Box 377, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel, staff & honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We went to this hotel/resort for our honeymoon. It was a recommendation to us as I'm not the best at eating non English food. Anyway it's one of my fav holidays ive ever been on, and I've been all over the world! The choice in the main restaurant was pretty good but then the other smaller restaurants made it for me. I will definatley be going back at some point.
There is so much I loved about this hotel/resort that I could go on & on, so I'll leave it there, but I highly recommend it here

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
cardiff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just got back from the Jaz Mirabel Beach on Sunday after a week long stay. All was good and I would go back there without any problems. Before we went I had emailed the hotel and asked for a car to collect us from the airport and it was duly there waiting when we arrived. I also asked for a ground floor, pool room, and that requested was accommodated too. The weather was glorious, and I thought the staff were all excellent. I loved the idea of having an adults only restaurant because it means there were not screaming kids whilst you were having your meal. We ate in the Asian & Italian A La Carte restaurants and I didn’t think much of them. I also didn’t think much of the food altogether to be honest. Mind you, I don’t go on holiday for the food. We went on one trip and it was the VIP cruise, which was £49 per person. I didn’t snorkel and would say that unless you want to do this activity then it is a waste of money. No alcohol on this trip, soft drinks only, and very boring as nothing much to see. Even though it is billed as an all inclusive trip, take some money with you as you will have to hire the snorkel and flippers and then tip the boat staff, the coach driver and your rep! For the hire of the equipment you needed Egyptian money. The entertainment at the hotel was a bit crap, at least in the bar area because a man and woman just sang the same Abba songs night after night. I also agree with previous reviewers, the hotel sunbeds could definitely do with an update and were frayed and old. There was a delay on the return flight of 3 hours, and then a detour to Kos to pick up another crew, which we could all have done without on a night flight! Then again, that really could not be helped and I would rather it on the way home because that way it doesn’t eat into your holiday time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Good points

Food – always lots of variety and I’m very fussy. The adults only restaurant was very calm and pleasant. We only walked around the family restaurant once, seemed a little more canteen like than the adults. The Chinese and the Italian restaurants were really lovely. We had vouchers from Thompsons to dine there as part of our all inclusive.

The room – we were given a family room for the two of us. It was very spacious. A little shabby in places but very clean

The beach – quiet and relaxing with a lovely breeze. Do not disturb sign didn’t stop the beach sellers hassling me but the presence of my husband did.

Towel art – always amusing

The hotel grounds – very well maintained and very pretty. We liked being able to have a little wander around the shops next to the hotel. Bartering is always fun.

Staff – we found the majority of staff to be very helpful and friendly. We did tip but we didn’t feel that it was expected.

Bad points

Water – no bottled water available from pool or beach bars. Very annoying. I raised this concern with reception the receptionist didn’t care and told me to “write about it on trip advisor”.

Alcoholic beverages – all inclusive wine was completely undrinkable and the spirits were not much better. Bought a few bottles of imported white wine whilst there. They were ok.

Entertainment and bar areas - Some reviews have mentioned a Thompsons Platinum bar. This has been shut down. Other reviews mention a sports bar. This was closed. We chose this hotel as we thought there would be a range of places/bars to sit and enjoy the evening. Not the case. There was only one main outside area where we were subjected to hideous "entertainment" or the bar area inside. Disappointing.

The area surrounding the hotel – it’s in the middle of nowhere, not worth exploring outside of the hotel. Every car that drove past, whether it was a taxi or not, beeped, yelled, leered and generally made me feel as if I was in a zoo. I was not dressed indecently. It was decidedly unpleasant!

Pool areas – music was played very loudly all day from one of the pools. Made sitting near the pools impossible for me. The food from the pool bars was really not good. However, on the last day I tried the fish and chips from the pool bar closest to the beach. That was edible.

We had a decent week but we would rate the hotel as 3* not 5*
If you can get a cheap deal then by all means, it’s worth going to have a look.

It is highly unlikely that we would ever return to Sharm.

Kent UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We just came back from a 10 night holiday at the Beach. The initial expectations were exceeded as the hotel looks a lot lot better than it does in the pictures. The grounds are exceptionally nice. Very pleased. The pictures really don't do it justice.

The staff are superb and don't let you get off your seat 90% of the time. I was even sent back to my seat while at the bar a few times so they could bring the drink back so I didn't have to carry it back myself. And they never hang around for a tip. I don't think we even had the chance to tip once!

The buffet food is average, but you will never be able to please everyone I suppose. The al a carte restaurants are superb though, very nice evenings in there.

It was a great hotel, and if the buffet food had of been better I would have rated it 5 stars. But don't let that put you off as there are soo many great things about the Jaz Mirabel Beach.

Room Tip: We chose a family room even though there was only 2 of us, and it was a great choice! Very spacious...
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

second trip to this hotel and still as fantastic as the first time, very impressed that the staff remembered us after one year as they must see so many people. nothing too much trouble for anyone, again this year had a nice letter from management and a cake for my birthday, even the bar man at pool picked me some flowers, and i was very touched. the only disappointment was perhaps the same entertainment nightly a woman singer same songs or routine, got a bit fed up with that part, but the food,cleanliness and hospitality was second to none,would recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing stress free holiday.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

During our sixth visit to the Jaz Mirabel Beach we had an excellent holiday thanks to Jodie the hotel guest relations manager and her team of excellent staff. Food was very good and would highly recommend. Couldn't fault anything about our visit and wouldn't hesitate to return for a seventh visit. Look forward to seeing you all next year. Kind regards M and D.

Room Tip: Room 1279 over looking the sea which was excellent.
Brixham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Just had a fantastic week at this complex,out of this world. Food excellant beach excellant & the snorkelling unbelievable. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff in the adult dining room or on the beach, they really went that liitle bit further. Staff in the bars tried too hard and wasted more than they got in the glass. Finally the room attendant was very amusing with his towel artistry

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!