“Didn't want to leave” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Three Corners Palmyra Resort

You added Three Corners Palmyra Resort to your Saves list
Three Corners Palmyra Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Nabq Bay | Nabq Bay, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“Didn't want to leave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I got back from this hotel just yesterday, and I am finding it hard to see where these bad reviews are coming from.

I went on holiday with my family of 5 and from the moment we got there each and everyone of us were made to feel welcome, we were taken to our room and went to dinner and everytime we went to eat whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner we were always found a table and if it wasn't clean already it was then cleaned for us, the restaurant staff couldn't have been more accommodating. One of the chefs Osman knew i liked oranges so every lunch time he made sure I got my orange. We also tried the al a carte restaurant which was lovely and definately value for money and the 2 chefs Sabre and Osman as well as Eeid the waiter were so friendly and made us laugh it was a fantastic night. McDonalds is also avaliable if you want to go out as we went to Soho Square one night therefore missed the dinner slot.

The room was cleaned everyday, the floor was mopped and we got the cutest towel animals and when my mum and dads safe broke it was fixed immediately also my brother left his phone out and my camera one day and it was still there perfectly safe when we got back.

The entertainment at the hotel was so good and everyone was so lovely, mum, my sister and I played darts and aquagym, my brother played waterpolo everyday and zumba and stretching was also avaliable, all the animation team kim, tito, pascal, barbra, sasha and carienna were all very enthusiastic and we became good friends. However we didn't watch the evening shows because we prefer to eat later.

This has been one of my best holidays and would definately recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013
Palmyra_Resort, General Manager at Three Corners Palmyra Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for holidaying with The Three Corners Palmyra Resort, for sharing your overall positive impressions with other travelers and for your great support and recommendations. I will definitely pass your nice regards to all the staff mentioned in your review. It would be our pleasure to get another chance to welcome you here and repeat your best holidays with us.
Hassan Attia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Rossendale, Lancs, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our party consisted of two adults mid fifties, and one grandson 11yrs old.
If you are happy with substandard food, hygiene and quality then this is for you :)

Food: Everything served in the dining room is in a sauce. If you are vegetarian you only ever get a white flat fish either in a dill or white sauce every day for both lunch and dinner. The meat is questionable although on a couple of occasions the chicken cooked outside on the bbq was tasty. This hotel is very proud of the fact that McDonalds and KFC will deliver to the hotel FOC, and do every day! How many people book an all inclusive holiday and then look to McD and KFC as a better alternative???? Crazy! There is quite a wide choice but it is really poor quality. If you do not mind what you eat then you will be fine.
On a positive note..... the selection of bread is excellent, a really good selection, so you won't starve.
When our grandson ate in the hotel he lived on chips and bread :(

Dining room: Far too small for the amount of guests. Guests were fighting for tables and became quite arrogant and rude in their "claim" of a table. The staff were lovely, just inadequate as waiters. The tables were often left un-cleared. If they were cleared then they were not always cleaned so you had your meal on a crumb-bound, sauce smeared table, unless of course you used your napkin to wipe it clean yourself. The waiter on the drink counter tried on a number of occasions to serve our drinks in dirty glasses. They often ran out of soft drinks and beer. There are tables outside the dining room but it was far too hot to eat outside, 90% of guests wanted to eat inside, understandably.
This hotel attracts an awful lot of Russians who, believe me, can be so, so arrogant. They are very aggressive and do not like to queue. Queuing is par for the course at this hotel so confrontation with guests becomes par for the course; those that refuse to queue!

Rooms: The rooms are not "cleaned" every day, they are "tidied", big difference! Our pots were never cleared away, the surfaces accumulated dust etc for a whole two weeks. Yes, our towels were often presented in clever animal characters but quite frankly I would rather have had my room cleaned.
Our marble sink collapsed during the night, so lucky as this could have killed our grandson had it fallen on him, and could have broken our feet had it collapsed on us! We reported it first thing in the morning before we went out for the day. Surprise, surprise, when we got back late at night our bathroom had been "tidied", all the broken marble had been neatly place to once side! They do not clean and fix, they "tidy".
Our bathroom extraction fan did not work.
The air-con is excellent.

The beds are the hardest we have ever experienced, as were the pillows. You will not get a good night's sleep if you are used to a good quality bed and pillows.
Drinks: You are served the lowest quality of local drinks, quite honestly the gin was a strong TCP flavour whilst the vodka was a milder flavour. Do not be taken in by the Gordons Gin and Smirnoff vodka bottles behind the bar, these bottles contain water: honest, they told us! I had to buy my own spirits in the local shops, 35 Egyptian pounds (very cheap) and keep it in the fridge in my room. It is a positive they have fridges in the room. I even took my own bottle of gin into the hotel bars and nobody was at all bothered. Drinks are served in silly little plastic kiddy cups that do not even contain half a pint. You must, must heed this warning....... the drinks are extremely low quality My husband requested a bottle of the Stella kept in the fridge but was told he had to pay $5 for it, so much for all inclusive!

The pools are great. Although there is a "child free" pool, believe me no-body says anything at all when children go in it. This never bothered us but it may bother you.
The water slides are on for just two hours each day. Ice-cream is only served for two hours, and they will not serve you any after the allotted time, I know because I was 10 mins late and they wouldn't give me anything, even though the waiter was serving drinks right next to the fridge.
Only two of the three pool bars were ever open, and it was not unusual for the bars to run out of drinks.

The animation team worked very hard. Kim, Paquale, Tito all made you feel very welcome and tried their utmost to make every sport enjoyable. However, water polo twice every day was like War of the Worlds! It was usually UK v Russia/Poland, never the twain! We stopped our 11r old grandson joining in because of the aggression and nastiness that developed throughout the games.

Do check out other hotels before booking here. We went to other hotels and spoke to other people who were paying the same as us for far better quality.
Be warned!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Palmyra_Resort, General Manager at Three Corners Palmyra Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
First of all, let me thank you for giving us the chance to see your comments about your stay in our hotel. We are sorry that we could not meet your expectations. Your different remarks have already been taken in consideration. Hopefully you will give us another chance to make it up to you and we will have the pleasure to see you again in the near future and have better experience during your second stay.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff made this hotel for us when we stayed her, they're all so friendly and everyone wants to help. The pools we're lovely the main pool near reception was our favourite with the swim up bar. Block 1 in my opinion are in the best location, right near reception and the main pool. Rooms are a little dated in comparison to the newer in block 5. But in our opinion it's quiter, more private and the view is lovely. The main issue with the hotel for me is the drinks and food. Firstly the spirits and cocktails are awful, petrol comes to mind when you have one. The wine isn't up to much either, so beer and soft drinks are the only decent thing to drink which is not great when you pay for all inclusive, I'm not sure if its like that in all of sharm hotels but the bars seem to make nice enough drinks? The food is ok, can get the repetitive. Although we did get some good food every now and then. We didn't pay too much as we got a good deal so had money to eat out! The beach is a 15 min mini bus ride away, it's amazing! The snorkelling you can do off the beach is 1000 times better than if you go to Tiran Island, so save your money and go off the floating piers there! We saw a sting ray and so much more!!

Overall a good hotel if you get the right price, but not as all inclusive as it makes out (all inclusive stops at midnight) but the staff are amazing and a credit to the hotel!

Tip: if you have any requests email the hotel and they're happy to help you. They have me the room we wanted and fumigated my room for Mosquitos! Great customer service :)

• Stayed June 2013
We would like to thank you for your review .We can assure you that we welcome all constructive comments, both positive and negative, as these are valuable to us in improving our service. We hope that you will still give us a chance to welcome you in our sunny resort.
Gloucester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Having just returned from the Three Corners Palmyra, I can now write my own view. There has been some negatives reviews especially about the food. I really don't know what people expect, there was always a wide choice which catered for all tastes. The staff were amazing, they work so hard and is always very helpful. Room was cleaned daily with lovely towel sculptures.

Great pools, with a lovely pool bar which we frequented daily after the Beach, there is a quiet pool too, where children are not able to go.

Hotel is not on the Beach but a bus went every hour to the beach which was where we spent a lot of our time, mainly for the water sports and scuba diving. (takes about 10 mins).

The only negative I have is not enough ice available, you may get some if you ask but it's not the norm to put in the drinks, when you have temperture's of 45 degrees you don't really want warm drinks.

It was a fantastic holiday for what we paid. Thanks to Mohammed, Abreham, Basim at the pool bar and Radar. Your all wonderful. p.s. The Russians need to learn some manners, they are rude to staff and to other people. Thanks to you all for a BRILLIANT holiday.

Room Tip: We were in block 5 which overlooked the pool which was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Palmyra_Resort, General Manager at Three Corners Palmyra Resort, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your good holiday experience in The Three Corners Palmyra Resort with other travelers. We are happy to know that you had a good time with us. Your regards have been sent to the concerned. We will all be pleased to welcome you again in our sunny resort.
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I travelled with family last year and absolutely hated it. The food was disgusting. Went some days eating bread rolls for dinner because there wasn't anything else that was edible. They do not cater for English. Avoid BBQ night! Meat disgusting, you don't know what it is, doesn't taste like anything we have ever had and we were told by some that it was camel.

The staff around the hotel were lovely with the exception of the animation. Very pushy and would not leave our family alone. Very unprofessional! Would not take no for an answer.

The room was ok, however one night we had large ants running around the bathroom! Called reception and they sent people to spray them. They then sweeped them up and walked off. There were still some in there which was horrible. There was also a dead cockroach on our balcony one evening after the cleaners had been in so why was this not removed?

There isn't many places to go so you are confined to the hotel. Would be ok if it was pleasant, but got very bored. Everyone was very ill despite being careful with hygiene and what we ate and drank. Ended up having McDonald's and KFC delivered to the hotel towards the end as nothing to eat and everything passed straight through us.

May travel to Egypt again, but never to this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012
We would like to thank you to find the time to write your review about your stay and we are sorry that we could not meet your expectations. Hopefully you will give us another chance to make it up to you and we will have the pleasure to see you again with us .
bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel has the friendliest staff I have ever come across , nothing to much for them. Spent 8 wonderful days there with my friend and his family, food is good they have a good variety at all meals , drinks are ace as you get served in half pint tumblers/glasses which is a great idea as your drink doesn't go warm.
Had a meal in the Japanese restaurant and that was ace, the chef BORA BORA was superb,his cooking was superb and his entertainment value was amazing. The waiter who never stopped filling our glasses was called HANY, superb always smiling both of these guys are amazing.
They have a beach area which is about 10 minutes away in a bus and that is lovely as well, Basem was at beach bar and this guy was very funny and so polite he is a credit to the hotel along with all their staff, lovely pools and gardens and always cleaning everyday. you can only get internet in reception if that's what your life revolves round ( I go to unwind personally),will I return, YES. I have next two holidays planned but MR HASSEM, I will be back and I hope you are still there as you are the friendliest manager I have ever seen and I can see why your staff love working for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Palmyra_Resort, General Manager at Three Corners Palmyra Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We would like to thank you for your review and the wonderful comments you have written
about our hotel which we are sure will be greatly appreciated by holidaymakers thinking of visiting us. Your regards have been sent to the concerned.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

although this is a dated review i feel i must still add my experience again, we enjoyed our stay so much in sept we returned again in dec just for a week, the weather was as always brilliant, not quite as hot as sept but compared to england in december it was bliss, the best thing about this hotel is the staff, they will do anything to make your stay a good one, this time we took our son with us who at the time was 17, by the second day all the staff knew him! even ibrahim the security chap!
the rooms are cleaned daily, problem with the mozzies but they do spray the grounds daily and will even spray your room if you ask at reception, the food is plentyful and can be a good experience if you stay away from the russians who have never been tought to wait their turn and eat like its the last meal they are going to see!
there is plenty off pools to choose from and the lovely pool staff will have you the same bed ready for you, the hotel grounds are spotless and everybody in this hotel works very hard and very long hours.
Nabq bay is the slightly quiet end if you want night life and clubbing you must go to narma bay it id 100 mph!
ignore the bad reviews, they are only from people who thinks the world owes them something!
before i go i must thank some special staff, the lovely mr hassan attia, ahmed at the lobby bar, the pool boys, sayeed at the shop, the lovely hanny, bora the chef, eaied who worked in the restaurant who always has time for a chat, the hotels taxi driver walleed who always gives you a good price not like other egyption taxi drivers so make sure you use the hotels taxis.
Anyway we are just counting down the days no until we return a third time sept 23rd.

Room Tip: pool view, middle floors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a review about your recent stay in our resort. I am very glad to know that you have a positive feed back about our staff, cleaning standard, swimming pools and food.
All the Palmyra team is sending you her regards and we wait for your next visit in September
Hassan Attia

Been to Three Corners Palmyra Resort? Share your experiences!