We stayed in the albatros moderna for ten nights, really looking forward to getting away on holiday.
On arrival we were told that the hotel was overbooked and we would need to stay in their sister hotel which was 30mins away. We were offered upgraded room and vip treatment for the inconvenience. I wasnt that happy as just wanted to unpack, but we had no choice and were taken to their sister hotel with a group of other british people. What they had failed to tell us was this was a kiddies theme park and the food and service was awful. Our room had a broken shower and in the morning we were locked out of our room so unable to get out suitcases!!!!
Anyhow we ended back at the albatros moderna, were shuffled to the neighbouring part of the hotel so as not to create a scene. We were told our room would be ready at 12pm but it wasnt. We viewed several rooms until they finally upgraded us. We didnt get into this room until 5pm so instantly lost a day off the holiday.
Our room was lovely right by the sea. We stayed there one night and then went to the beach the next day. We came back to the room, and went to get changed for dinner, when a russian man came out onto our balcony (which was part of the upgrade) smoking and in his underpants!!!!!!!!! I quickly closed our balcony door and phoned reception who said we had to share the balcony although it ran right around our room!!!!!!!!!!!! I was disgusted, and we had not been told it was shared. Total lack of privacy in the room.
Had to change rooms again, not ready until 4pm so lost 3 days off our holiday until we had finally unpacked and could relax. Ended up in the room that we originally paid for.
ALSO please note i would not recommend travelling with HOTELSFORU the rep Kareem was very rude and unhelpful. We filled out complaint forms and then on the last day he got nasty and didnt fill out the forms truthfully.
We will be reporting this incident to holiday watchdog and really wouldnt recommend this hotel. Our holiday was ruined.
We believe that they are intentionally over booking rooms, so that they get more money per room and just send their original guest to their cheaper hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Calimera Moderna
- Royal Albatros Moderna
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.