Hotel was fantastic with a choice of 4 swimming pools, 4 restaurants and a very very long jetty for amazing snorkelling. The scenery which the hotel is set in is amazing surrounded by the Sinai mountains and when you go out onto the jetty and look back inshore its breathtaking. the staff there are fantastic, they cant do enough for you and they are fantastic with the children. The only reason i have given it 4/5 rather than 5/5 is for the food, they cater for the high influx of russians and tend to have lots of odd food however the barbecue on the terrace and the italian restaurant are beautiful and they do an early tea for the children where they can have chips and nuggets stuff like that, (no chips for adult meals). Pools fantastic with a small heated pool and fantastic childrens pool with slides and waterfalls, my 9 year-old son loved it. The jetty is the longest in any of the hotels in the area and is fantastic for snorkelling the fish are amazing and come right up to you in the water the sea is clear and beautiful, my husband cant even swim and yet he went in snorkelling because the water is shallow for about 800m from the shore and then drops away to deep sea where you can go diving in the reefs but even in the shallow water the fish are amazing but you really need to be in the water to see them you cant see much from the jetty. In this review i am only reviewing the hotel which was stunning however my overall opinion of Egypt is different, if you are just looking for a resort holiday then its amazing but venture out at your own peril as from the time you leave the hotel gates you will be hastled by the locals. I will definitely be visiting this hotel again but maybe not venture out as much as this did spoil my holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay