Just returned from the Royal Albatros and had a fabulous holiday. Our third visit and this hotel just gets better and better.
Arrival - we were checked in by friendly reception staff and swiftly shown to our delightful room. Wow, we were lucky to stay in one of the newly built rooms. Huge bedrooms, plasma t.v, well stocked fridge, walk in shower, personal safe. Regular courtesy calls during stay from reception staff to check all was well.
Changes - since last year, fab childrens pool with slides and fountains, new furniture in hotel, parasols, sunbeds and jetty has been extended. Jetty is exclusive to the hotel, others have to pay. Snorkelling off the jetty is amazing.
Beach Bar - is good for lunch. Pizza, pasta, chips, freshly made sandwiches. It's waiter service, and you don't wait long. Staff work really hard.
Main Dinning - area is much extended with themed nights and a huge choice of dishes. There really is something for everyone. Although they very rarely serve chips, well after all you are in Egypt, not Benidorm. Yes, I agree, the food stations are spread out, but can you imagine the chaos if they weren't. Such a big hotel with so many people, need i say more!!!
Pools - spent our time between the active and relaxation pool. The active pool is much more lively and you do get hassled for massages and trips, but a polite 'no' is all that's required. The relaxation pool was nice for a quiet relaxing day. The staff at both pools looked after us with much needed drinks.
Bars - We spent many evenings in the Lounge Bar relaxing with good friends we made. A big thankyou to SALAH, HANY and MOHAMED for looking after us. We shared fun times with them and our drinks were never empty. SALAH would always greet us with a smile and a hand shake and amazingly remembered our names.
Hotel is spotless, kept this way by the hard working cleaners.
We found most staff very polite and professional.
Few Tips : Weather is very hot, so take lots of high factor and aftersun. We nearly ran out. Also we took very little Egyptian currency as they prefer sterling.
If you've booked for the Royal Albatros 'ENJOY'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay