My families first visit to Sharm (stayed 11th March to 18th March), and I can safely say it will not be our last - especially to RAM! We were blown away from the beginning, the resort in itself is a delight to view, some of which are spectacular! The staff at the resort were a pleasure from the beginning to deal with, and were amazing with our little boy. We had some slight issues with our room, but the reception staff were more than willing to accommodate a change of room to suit our needs. Our room was always kept spotless thanks to the great work by the cleaners (not sure of the guys name, but whoever cleaned room 1855 during our week - great job!). The catering staff were also friendly to deal with, however we did find sometimes we were ignored over guests who perhaps some of them favoured - not a problem as we were happy to get up and get drinks ourselves, but some parity would be nice. For most of our stay we spent our days at the Aqua Park, where I must say the staff are absolutely fantastic. The lifeguards at the park were always cheerful and always up for a bit of banter, and the gentleman who served us at the aqua park bar was brilliant too. Finally a bit shout out to ASHLEY COLE! The photographer who took some amazing snaps of our family on the resort. Would defiantly recommend him and his great photo's to anyone who stays. You can find him walking around resort, or at his base next to the mini golf area.
Only slight issue we experienced was with the quite buggy and persistant 'sellers' who try and get you to book into the spa for treatments at pool side. We did not have the best of experience with some of them, however most were friendly and nice to speak to. We ended up going to an external spa which worked out to be much cheaper than the one's offered on resort, even after bartering! If you do not want to be bugged make sure you get a red flag from reception on your first day!
Overall a great experience, highly recommended to anyone who is thinking of staying - 10/10 overall, will be back next year with the whole family to celebrate a 50th birthday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay