Comments in no particular order.
Stayed 27 Jan to 3 Feb
9 of us including 3 children for special 40th birthday
Boys adored the pool area and aqua park. A very big thank you to Mohammed Rashed the life guard at the children's pool. What a lovely kind gentleman who took time out to make our holiday special. He is a university educated PE teacher -sadly like so many world over he cannot get a decent job.
Our room 786 what can I say except avoid like the plague. But reception staff especially Shaban were very kind and offered to change it. When we first saw this particular bungalow we thought brilliant no one walking around or dragging furniture above us. WRONG!!
Above this room is a road and right over the road is the ramp. Throughout the day and night coaches of all sizes literally bump and boom and the room vibrates. You have been warned. Just look for the tallest palm tree on the complex the room is below it.
Daughter and family had a room near relaxation pool. Very dark furniture, low watt bulbs not great. She actually used torch on her mobile whilst looking in the wardrobe. But she did say it was quiet.
Think rooms need makeover
Donuts and pancakes at 4pm delicious.
I have stayed at The Jaz Mirabel next door and yes it is sumptuous, but at a price. Walked along beach to it and it looked pretty empty.
For what we paid to stay at RAM for 1 week we all reckon it was a bargain. I would go back there again depending on the price
Staff are generally happy and courteous with the exception of the miserable ice cream man.
Pleasant to grown ups but so rude to well mannered children. Needs a word in his ear from management.
Spa people a pain in the backside. The red flag already mentioned in reviews does not deter them.
Went on good quad bike/buggy ride in the desert. Booked with Marcus from hotel dive centre for £10 per person for approx 3 hours. Thoroughly enjoyable. However do take scarves or t shirts to wrap around your head and mouth. Marcos told us we could buy the black/white t towel scarves when we arrived at the quad bike station for £2. But they insisted on a fiver each and would not come down in price. Captive audience if you have nothing with you. Not Marcus's fault- but be aware.
I agree with other reviewers about the entertainment. Guy singing was OK, his female 'singer' was really bad at screeching. Also they have the sound turned up so loud it actually distorts. As it is all open plan no matter were you sit you can't block out the noise, it does become annoying.
Such a big entrance near reception surely more seating is a must.
40th birthday meal brilliant. Staff decorated the table really beautiful. Also if you have a special day to celebrate take party stuff candles etc with you and they put on a reserved table. Waiters came with a cake and they all joined in singing. Memorable.
Coffee shop brilliant.
Food OK we always found something to eat.
5 restaurants, choose your food from any, like pick and mix, and sit wherever you want.
Drinks and cocktails were fine for us but that's our opinion.
9 of us, 6 had iffy tummy's which lasted a day.
Imodium didn't seem to do the trick. However one of our party was bad for several days. a visit to the on site pharmacy and a selection of pills for 15 euro did make her feel much better. So I guess don't suffer in the hope it goes away!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay