what a fantastic holiday myself and my partner had at the RAM especially being the first time we have ever gone to Egypt! we stayed 1st sep to 12th. (very hot but lovely breeze)
We were slighly apprehensive, given the circumstances in Cairo, however this did nothing but make the experience more enjoyable for us! the hotel was probably half empty which meant you had millions of choices of sunbeds and no queing anywhere within the hotel :)
Food; fantastic, so much choice. chinease, itailian, tagine, medeterainian e.t.c, breakfast was a real hit with an egg station with fresh omlettes being made with your choice of filling. fresh crossiants, lovely banana milk, pancakes, toast, cant fault breakfast at all... lunch was very much the same everyday, beef burgers pizza rice chips fresh fish chicken nuggets, plently for everyone oh and their bread rolls were to die for. Dinner was almost same as lunch so much choice, waiter service most of the time which was nice, cocktail of the day in the italian too. my personal favourite was the tagine with all their own food like beef kofta pancake rolls and wonderful fresh out the oven made by an egytian lady flatbreads!
PANCAKE station was beautiful freshly made, you also got after noon snacks of fresh made donuts and pancakes also.
Pools; excellent 3 choices, relaxation which we stayed at most of the time, active, which had more going on and heated.
you also had an excellent waterpark on side cant recccomend highly enough, with fantstic massibe sun beds!
Rooms; we had 3 room changes, unfortunatly, getting the holiday of to not so hopeful start. We booked a "double promo room" as this was the only option which we were given at the time. my advise, please dont ever book a double promo room! the room was so shabby looking onto no view whatso ever, ground floor and had endless incets crawling into our room! let alone the door which you could just push open once you thought you had locked it.
we were told that if we come back to reception we could change rooms, which we did, after walking miles to get to there we were hopeful for a sea view, this wasnt the case, te room wasnt much better and you could only see the sea if you stuck your head right over the balcony! I hated to be a pain again about the room but I just wanted to be happy, especially as the hotel wasnt at full capacity! Finally we go somewhere with the lovely KARAM on reception, he couldnt be more happy to help us and he then took us personally to a third room which we were more than happy with, it was one of the re firbed rooms, walk in shower, modernised and had a beautiful view over looking the relaxation pool (1865), its only downside was no balcony, but this did not bother us in the slightest as the room was so lovely!
KARAM; I though karam on reception deserved a very special mention, he was so so polite and did anything he could to help us, from our rooms to our late check out ! our room upgrade was free of charge and we also got free of charge late checkout until 2pm which was fab, he even solved my issie of a broken charger as they have spares at reception which you could leave your phone their to vharge for a few hours. He always said hello and talked to us when we were passing. what a credit to your team RAM !!!!
to go in sea you had to walk on jetty, quite long some people snorkled but i was a little scared to go in as the sea was windy at the time!
I would probaly put the hotel at a 4* as there are just some niggly thing that could improve, but you cant fault it as everyone works so hard there.
we went on a reccomendation, and can highly back that up if you want a brilliant holiday.
all in all we had a fantastic holiday and would most definetely return!!!
Many thanks RAM we look forward to returning :)
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Calimera Moderna
- Royal Albatros Moderna
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.