PROS - Great Location, great for families. they have an activity pool with multiple slides and good stuff like that. Great coffee shop and good restaurants with loads of choice, good entertainment and good beer on all inclusive.
CONS - however they need to work on their health and safety and room cleanliness. please see attached photos. we was there for 10 days in 2012. and for the entire time their was a extremely dangerous broken glass by a step in the park area, WHERE KIDS PLAY!!!! - SEE PHOTOS. (i obviously pointed this out at the end of the stay)
There is also all sorts of lose cables, broken electrical sockets and all sorts to watch out for within the childrens reach.
all in all, i can see a VERY serious accident happening here with a small child getting very hurt or worse and ruining the holiday for someone. if you do not mind going on holiday with the intention of working as a risk assessor every time you go for a walk, in the interests of your childrens health then this is a good hotel.
the bathroom was also overrun with ants for the entire stay - SEE PHOTOS
other than these issues, a great hotel. seems inside the hotel they are very good, outside neglected.
also the spa area is run by people who come and try to be nice to you. which is great, but they ask you a few questions about your stay and then start selling you stuff. when you confirm you would not like a 'RASTA' hairstyle or worse they then change their tone completely. almost as if you have wasted their time by them asking you questions. so naturally when you reject their relentless attempts to be nice next time, they will then accuse you of being rude and stuck up... but if you have been Egypt before, this is 50% of Egyptian people. Nice but always with an ulterior motive. you get used to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay