“great beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh

You added Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh to your Saves list
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Peace Road, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
South London
“great beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Not a hotel I would normally book as more for families with younger children. Everything was maintained to a high standard. There were several pools and an area with slides and the most amazing loungers to rest on while the kids enjoy the slides.

There is no shortage of drinks, food, cakes, and a fantastic coffee shop to rival Starbucks! Always busy and sometimes you have to wait a few minutes. I would have to say that the food is not up to 5* star standard although plentiful. I think I had more pizza and pasta as these were freshly prepared than I normally would in Egypt! The bread was always stale. There was no fresh coffee in any of the restaurants. My friend said the beer was not nice but the wine wasn’t too awful.

I paid extra for a sea view room and I was happy with the room itself, spacious with large bed. The staff work very hard at keeping the place clean and tidy and were always friendly. Although the reception staff can be a bit short with you and they should be the ones with the most patience!

For some reason they play piped music from speakers across the site and unfortunately I had one under my balcony! They play music from 7am to 11pm.

Internet charges were outrageous. I did buy 15 mins for €3 but half the time was spent waiting for the pages to load.

There was entertainment in the beach bar most evenings which could be a bit loud when you are staying that end of the complex as I was.

The beach was lovely and again plenty of sun-loungers and comfortable cushions. The pier was amazing very long with sun-loungers at the end! We had very windy weather so the black flag flew quite a lot but I did manage to snorkel from the end of the pier once which was good.

There are a lot of Russians in Egypt this year and I am afraid to say they are quite rude and noisy and don’t recognise queues!

If you want a taxi to the airport just walk out of the hotel and you will get a better price. There are a few shops just a few minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your kind comments and invaluable critique of your recent stay with us. We value all of our guests and their comments and take on board all relevant items that can help us move forward the quality of our service delivery.

Our bread products are produced in our in-house bakery minutes before the restaurants open (and restocked through the service) to make sure they are all to our highest standard. The fresh Italian breads available in our Italian restaurant - made by our authentic Italian chef - are famous around the resort for being the softest and freshest guests have ever tasted. At our live cooking stations we also offer various breads (Asian Naan, local Egypt bread, French croissants, etc) which are cooked to order before your very eyes, and are delicious - you can't get anything fresher in any international 5 star hotel.

Fresh highest quality South African coffee is available at all our bars and 3 specialty coffee lounges. The quality of our wine and beer (beer from bottles to ensure freshness) is higher than the usual standard all inclusive resorts offer. In fact our in house questionnaires show greatest guest satisfaction from our beer and wines.

Our high speed internet service is charged at the standard international 5 star rate. Our wireless internet access network (wifi) covers all rooms and public buildings.

We have a in-house taxi service which I would like to recommend as I can personally guarantee the quality of the service and cars is to the highest standard for our prestigious guests.

The Royal Albatros Moderna has been awarded 5-stars by the Egyptian Tourism Board and we are regularly critiqued by the board to keep our standards high. We have also recently won the hotels4u Best Seller award thanks to our huge numbers of repeat guest bookings - almost 40% - which is unheard in any International hotel.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel once again in the future and at which time I look forward to speaking with you and personally ensuring your next holiday will exceed all your expectations.

gm@royalalbatros.com.eg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,435)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

i went to royal albatros moderna on the 18th march for 2 weeks with my husband when we got there my first impression wow very big hotel very clean so many restaurants to chose from warm food al the time had pool view very beautiffuly maintained gardens room was cleaned every day waiters couldent do enough 1 waiter his name was ahmed he looked after us he use to work on the beach retaurant and in the evenig they had entertainment he use to serve us drinks entertainment very good snake shows belly dancing etc beach very good people were snorkling very nice weather in march i would go again

Room Tip: try and have room 409 side its in the main block second floor overlooking the pool
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank-you for your very kind comments of your recent stay with us. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you to our hotel again very soon, at which time I hope to speak with you and personally ensuring your holiday here in the sunshine will exceed all your expectations.

Larkfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have holidayed in Sharm for the last 3 years over the Easter period, on our previous 2 visits we stayed at the Sultan Gardens, another great hotel. When we tried to book they had no availability at the price we wanted to pay, so we did our research on trip advisor, selecting the Royal Albertros after careful consideration and a few views of video's on Youtube which were really helpful. In the end our decision came down to the facilities for the children, our 3 are 9, 7 and 4, the competitive price and the comments on here referencing the great service.

I am pleased to report we had a fantastic holiday, the hotel lived up to all expectations and more, the service as reported in many reviews was indeed excellent, special thanks to Mohammed who looked after us in the restaurants at breakfast, lunch and evening meal. I can confirm the food was great, a really good selection across all of the restaurants.

Our room was excellent, we had a Royal suite, room number 129, with 2 large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living room, which we converted to a third bedroom. Hosain looked after us and the room excellently, he was really helpful and great with the kids when we were around.

Our 3 children had a great holiday, I can't remember a point where there wasn't something for them to do, the childrens pool was excellent for our youngest, great slides, and she learnt to swim without armbands while we were there. Emad from the recreation team looked after us really well and made sure we always had beach towels and sunbeds, so we could be close to the children. Our older 2 loved the aqua park which we visited most afternoons, excellent onsite facility, a must do.

All 3 children went regularly to the Kids Club which is excellently run by Clare and Emma who were brilliant with the children, always upbeat and friendly, there was a varied range of activities for both morning and afternoon sessions. Clare also ran the kids disco which was the "must do" event of every evening for our 3, in addition they really enjoyed the movie nights at the kids club. Special thanks to Emma, Emad and the Recreation team for taking care of our youngest when she had a heavy nose bleed one afternoon, they dealt with her so well.

We treated ourselves to 2 visits to the Spa, which was a real highlight for us, again we were taken great care of, special thanks to Emad who looked after us all, and made the kids feel very special when they joined us for a family spa session.

In summary, a great hotel, especially for families, the facilties are great for the kids, the service from the sfatt is excellent, we did tip because we wanted to recognise the extra effort from those mentioned above, we will certainly return next year.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a Royal Suite, it really added to the experience for us
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr Mark,

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Returned on Fri 20th April after 2 weeks at this hotel, it is a good hotel and there is plenty to do for all ages. We spent all our days on the beach where there was a nice cool breeze as the temperature was in the 30's, you do need beach shoes if you go in the sea and the sand on the beach is quite sharp. The restaurants are very good with food cooked to order if you wish, even the fussiest of eaters such as myself could always find plenty to choose from, the only gripe we had was there seemed to be a lot of supervisory standing about chatting to each other while the waiting staff were pushed to keep up with demand (too many chiefs and not enough Indians).WE also booked to swim with the Dolphins and the Dolphin show through our rep Abbas, a fantastic experience and well worth the money. All in all a good holiday and we may return one day.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 135 - 137, being newly refurbished as we left
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Worthing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I had a weeks holiday in this hotel at the end of March 2012 with my husband and another couple and we had a great relaxing week.

The hotel was much bigger than I imagined with lots of sunbeds so no need to worry about putting towels down in the morning and the overall atmosphere was very chilled. We mainly stayed by the relaxation pool which was great. We went snorkelling quite a bit as well which was gorgeous, you had to walk down the jetty to get to the reef but once you were there it was well worth it to see all the beautiful fish!

All the communal areas and bedrooms were spotlessly clean and the staff were generally really friendly. 3 of us had massages which were really good although prob on a par with British prices so don't go thinking it'll be really cheap. Even though we're in our 30's the slides were a great added extra. We used the coffee lounge everyday which I thought was a fab addition to the hotel and they made all types of coffee which we took full advantage of (although you have to be pretty chilled as the service was sometimes slow, good job we were on holiday).

There was lots of variety with the food and as a vegetarian I always managed to find something that I liked. The alcohol was ok apart from the gin, give that one a wide berth. From the amount that we drank I don't think that they're the same %'s as in England (either that or they're watered down a bit) but the cocktails were ok and I quite liked the wine, others I was with happily drank the beer.

Wifi is always one of my bugbears and it just annoys be that in this day and age they still charge for it - and it's not cheap, but hey that might just be me!!

All in all a really relaxing holiday that I would certainly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir or Madam

Our high speed wireless internet services (wifi) are charged at the standard international 5-star hotel rates.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

It was our first time at this hotel and we were expecting good things from a 5 star rated hotel , on our arrival at 7pm after leaving home at 3am , we were hoping for something special , the welcome meeting in a room to the left of reception was not needed and the room was claustrophobic and full of tipped and dirty orange juice glasses ,we were given a room key and escorted to our room , number 602, well they say first impressions go a long way ,well if they cared they would not have put us in this room it was drab in very urgent need of decoration never 5 star , struggle to make a 2 star, we asked to be moved immediately and we were moved to a family room which was much better 4 star. Any way first day over.
Room location ground floor looking across over the main pool very good.
Pool area and grounds well kept very good.
Beach area jet and snorkeling excellent.
Restaurants , a bit hit and miss food average , chinese asian best , waiters in restaurants near to be more attentive to guest needs, I blame restaurant manager for this , guest should not have to fetch their own drinks when having a meal in the evening , as our holiday went on we made some good friends and we did enjoy , but this definitely is not a 5 star hotel , it only jest scrapes a 4star in our opinion .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir or Madam

We offer a variety of rooms, from “promo” promos - which are our best value rate - to some of the best Red Sea views rooms in Sharm el-Sheikh. We also have pool view, family rooms and a selection of luxurious suites.

We are sorry that you felt our variety of food available during your recent stay was insufficient. To be fair, whilst recognizing and valuing your opinion, we were somewhat shocked and bemused to hear this. Food is available for our guests 24 hours each day from our many restaurants. If we try to count the items of food offered each day then the total is in the thousands. We offer food varieties originating in the cuisines of the home countries of pretty much all of our guests. We offer dozens of meat dishes, fish dishes, countless varieties of vegetables, pulses, vegetarian dishes, etc. We offer tempting kids meals and we meet the dietary needs of those requiring special eating regimes. Room service is constantly available as are snacks from all the pool and beach bars.

Whilst not wishing to be contentious, we cannot help but feel that if you will consider the situation of any hotel or restaurant you may have visited, the menu at any of them cannot be infinite but is to some degree restricted. However, were we to publish daily a menu of all the food items available in this hotel, we would be providing you with the biggest and heaviest menu you will have ever encountered. We remain exceptionally proud of our kitchens, our restaurants, the value for money we offer and the sheer variety of food provided to our valued guests.

Our room rate and all inclusive concept is possibly the very best value for money 5-star offers in Sharm el-Sheikh. We offer numerous dining options, 24-hours snacks, high quality drinks and all the features and services of a 5-star hotel. Many guests return to us again and again as our the value for money at our resort is irrepressible.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a family room over by the entrance to this large hotel and it was by a service road, which on arrival in the dark, i wasnt overly happy about as i thought we would be woken early- but luckily it was fine.
The family room had one massive bedroom for the adults, with a super king bed and was extremely spacious. The kids room had bunk beds and a large single. Both rooms had flat screen tvs. The bathroom was spacious and met our needs. The furniture is a little dated, but the room is spotless and we spent very little time in it- so it did not affect me.
The grounds are so well kept it's unreal. I even saw them washing the road up to the entrance one day! Whilst in the gym,i saw one guy on the ledge cleaning the rails and outside windows- sheer dedication.
The food was fairly varied and we always found something to eat,as there are a lot of places to visit from the fresh pizzas, to kebabs, to fish and chips and lots of other choices. We loved the fresh baked criossants, that went like hot cakes. My favourite food was at the Tagine restaurant- consistently good food,as after two weeks it did become a little samey- not a criticism though. We went over Easter and had turkey, which was freshly carved and they even made their own Easter eggs.Oddly, the salad at breakfast was better than at dinner. I could never find coleslaw or beetroot at night. If i have to criticise it would be that i would like to have seen the fresh fruit from breakfast in the evening as i am not a big cake lover- but that is just personal choice. the new coffee bar is great as is the ice cream place- still odd that you cannot get ice cream with dinner and have to go down to the ice cream parlour though.
The gym was adequate but very hot when we would visit- around 5pm every night. It coled down when the sun went down though.
The drinks were a bit hit and miss in that diet coke was not on tap and in bottles, but normal coke was on tap ( i think it should be the other way round?) and when asking for diet coke at night, it was handed out in the same glasses as the shots- random i thought as it was gone in one mouthful and we had to keep going back for more. The bar staff would be less busy if they used bigger glasses in my opinion. Beer on tap would be another good idea too.
We never had a problem with sunbeds and found loads on uur first morning at 11am. the place is so vast and has so many pools, it was never a problem, but we did get out about 9amish,so maybe some people struggled later- as the hotel did get a lot busier over the Easter period.
The beach doesnt have any sand to speak of and i never speant time there as a bit gravelly for my liking- but that is the geography of the coast line, so nothing to be complained about there.
The lounge bar was nice and it seemed like refurbishments were being undertaken around the hotel and what has been done so far is impressive. I like the sofas outside near the ice cream parlour/coffee bar.
A few more chairs to sit out at night around this area and the bars would be nice, as it got fairly busy over the time we where there and you did have to get there early to get a seat.
The staff are all very haard working and fun and love the kids- spending lots of time joking with them.
The water slides were great fun and never too busy. The smaller slides are ideal for younger children too. Snorkelling is great, but you can see lots of fabulous fish with the naked eye,just by looking over the jetty.
There is a lovely promendae to walk along down by the beach and extends to three miles, taking you past all the hotels, so good for a nose and a proper walk or jog- if so inclined.
Overall, a very good holiday and great value for money and i would recommend it. It's not the same opulence as you would see in Dubai ( i have been there loads and stayed at all diff places but they are expensive- so you get what you pay for), but it's value for money and a great climate and we werent ill whilst there.I have been to Egypt four times now and i think this hotel sits at the top of my list. For a value for money visit, you cant go wrong.
Go into soho square at night if you want some better night life.

Room Tip: I would go for a family room if possible and avoid rooms near the heated pool as they seemed a bit d...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
m_ragab, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear M Hardy

gm@royalalbatros.com.eg

Been to Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh? Share your experiences!