“An amazing experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Newry
“An amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We spent 1 week at the Laguna Vista Beach Resort (10th-17th July). It was amazing from word go. The room we had (3204) was large, with a huge bed, lovely balcony, a big fridge, air con& plenty of storage for our clothes. We tipped the cleaner Cesear one of the days and every day after that he made a lovely arrangement on our bed with our towels. The hotel was spotless and our room was cleaned every day, we were also provided with 2 bottles of water each morning. There was always plenty of sun loungers available at the pool and the food was lovely. The staff were all generally quite friendly particularly the pool bar staff and the restaurant staff. We would definitely recommend this hotel. It is worth every penny. One thing to be aware off the drink is quite strong, it took us a wee bit by surprise as we are not particularly big drinkers anyway but apparently Egyptian spirits are stronger than those in Ireland & the UK anyway (plus the measures are far bigger). We didn't book any excursions with the Thomas Cook rep as they were all abit dearer than we had seen online before we arrived. On our first day at the pool we were approached by a man called 'Bob Marley' he works in a hut on the beach for Laguna Vista. We booked all our excursions with him. They all worked out alot cheaper, especially the swimming with dolphins trip which would have cost us £95 each with Thomas Cook but instead cost us £65 each with Bob Marley. We also done the Super Safari (which included quad biking, camel riding & stargazing), parasailing, the aqua park & we hired a private speed boat and went snorkling for two hours. It was all amazing. I honestly wouldn't recommend the aqua park if you are looking for rides that are going to scare you abit but in saying that we had a nice day there. Be careful who you get into a taxi with, I would probably advise to book a taxi through your hotel because on our last night we got a taxi from outside the coral sea resort & before we got in we had agreed 20 Egyptian pounds one way to soho square, but the taxi man insisted he wait on us and when leaving us back he tried to demand 20 sterling. The was entertainment every night at 10pm when the all inclusive food stopped. It was always quite funny & very good. We took a nosey at the sister hotel across the road & I definitely think we got the better deal as we had 3 big pools compared to 1 small one. Overall an amazing holiday & I would 100% recommend the Laguna Vista Beach Resort. Any questions please get in touch :)

Room Tip: If you have kids a ground floor room in the main building of the hotel would be great as there is a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Read lots of bad reviews and was worried! Arrived back on 16.07.13. Heres what we thought..

The food is no where near as bad as everyone has made out, there is a wide variety. However the waiting staff appear to only serve the Italian guests and people who tip drinks. Service in the restaurant was satisfactory, nothing special. The al la carte restaurant was dead, we were the only people there, such a bad atmosphere that we diddnt bother with the sea food restaurant, we went next door to Hard Rock cafe which was much better! Shame as a lot of potentail to be lovely. Hotels is opposite a MCDonalds, KFC, Burgur king, TGI fridays and hard rock cafe so spoilt for choice.

All inclusive
The cave bar was not open throughout our hole stay and tbh its a good job, it wasnt included in the all inclusive package. I felt that there were lots of things in our hotel that were not all inclusive but this was not made clear by the hotel. The playa club which was listed in the room guide was not all inclusive, was more expensive than in the cenre of Narma bay or soho square!!!

Entertainment
There was some entertainment in the evenings but all in Italian. We should of been advised of this at the time of booking that the hotel only really catered for Italian guests. Which I may add were rude, and arogant. they will push and shove you to get to the food first.

Sickness
Both of us were ill with sickness, bad tummy, crams and flu. The pharmacy on site were fantastic. The man in there was so helpfull and we would of been lost without him.

Rooms
The cleaning man for the room was friendly. Allthough had to pay him and ask for a nice towel arrangement on our beds. The room was lovely and big bed massive but rock hard.

Trips / Rep
The thomas cook rep was Fantastic. Cannot fault, was friendly and approachable. We went on lots of trips:
*Naama Bay shopping, was good, went to a few bars with the reps and then went shopping. make sure you barta for the best prices.
*Soho Square, lovely area lots to do including ice scating! lots of funny photos to be had and prices were not expensive.
*Dune Buggies, defo need a scalf its very hot and dusty but a lot of fun.
*Star gazing this was great, camels were a little scary though. the star gazing was also good and the bedowin people that you meet in the desert and eat and dance with were really welcoming.
*Tiran Island This was beautiful snorkeling was so pretty and walm in the water, somany fish to see.

In general id say a lovely holiday, The hotel was ok, in my opinion not a 5*. The staff def need to be as welcoming to the other guests and not just the Italian ones!

Room Tip: The swim up rooms looked lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Redditch, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have just returned from 9 days at said resort - Positives - the Five Star Animation Team Nani, Natalie and Alex AMAZING even when we didn't participate in activities they still stopped to chat/cared, Towel Guy Hamil wonderful service and the restaurant staff esp Mohammad were great so now to Negatives and there are far more - I have been ill for 9 days (I had 2 days where I was able to enjoy my holiday) I believe I picked up a bug either from pool or food (unsure which), our room although big was dated and the bedding/towels not too clean, plus dead ants and dirty floor in bathroom/loo not cleaned (I did it myself as I was ill!), to be honest whole resort was dated/in need of money being spent and grubby to say the least, pool was slimey in places too. Food basic (due to illness was unable to try the better restaurants on complex) but was well cooked and I did get the offer of 'kitchen making me something' by day 6 as the staff noticed I couldn't eat - Alcohol I have been to many All Inclusive hotels and this was by far the worst, if you are a wine drinker like myself AVOID I was 'allowed' 4 glasses in restaurant only and the waiter had to sneak the last 2!!! Risking his job!!! No wine elsewhere unless I wanted to pay a ridiculous amount for cheap plonk and the rest of alcohol was watered down!!! IF you want a laugh round pool with Animation Team this is the place to go otherwise find a better resort!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

How many customers stolen in your esteemed hotel

Safe your money! Cancel your reservation! Change to another hotel you will find more service and more safety! Unless you will steal???? Try to check your key with others rooms?? You can open almost room by yours???
First emersion was ok big hall designed well but poor room overlooking the stuff area with noisy outside 24 hours! Poor service and all inclusive program finally we stolen from our safe as many customers stolen ………… we used one key to open almost rooms for our friends and we informed the management but no action till leaving date and I think till this moment !
Laguna vista management we need answer???????????????????????????????

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in NOVEMBER last year with my boyfriend and it was just perfect. The huts are really cute, clean could not fault. The food and staff were great and I would love to return. The pancakes with hot chocolate sause are yummy ;-) Location was great.Great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have just arrived home from the lovely laguna vista beach 20th June - 4th July
we were a party of 12 and we absolutely loved it as always,
I would like to say a big thank you to some of the staff that made our holiday once again special
Small pool - tamer my brother brilliant
Pool bar - Mohammed
Lobby bar - big boss kiko and not forgetting my best friend (my cow) Ahmed best cocktail maker in the world, who was sadly missed at the pool bar, fingers crossed he will be at the pool bar next year.
These are a couple of staff members that have and always will stand out to us but thanks to all the other staff members in the restaurant and also Ahmed in which way/ Italian restaurant.
One more big thank you to mr Badr the manger who also helped us out with a couple of problems and made our holiday worthwhile!!
We can not wait to return next year only just come home and we are re-booking now, see you all next year thank you for a brilliant holiday
LAGUNA VISTA BEACH 2013!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
St Helens, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My partner and myself returned on the 27 june after a 14 day break at LVB we agreed it was a wonderful holiday. The hotel and the location was very good we stayed in room 2226 and our room cleaner Ali made our stay very comfortable. The staff in the hotel are special including Hamed and Tarek in the restaurant, and Ramey, Hamed and Mohammed at he lobby bar always served us with a smile, Ehab the towel and poolside attendant was really helpful. All the staff work really hard. Nothing was to much trouble for the staff they were always asking if all was ok! The Hotel Lobby and gardens are very impressive, the location of the hotel was faultless as there were shops and bars just outside the grounds the food could have been better with more choice but we didn't go hungry! The beach is so peaceful and the sea was something else the marine life was amazing. It was our first experience of Sharm and LVB and would return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Laguna Vista Beach Resort? Share your experiences!