“wonderful holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
edinburgh
“wonderful holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Just back from another holiday at this great hotel, been here 9 times now, great staff, Mohamed, Bedar, May, and everyone and all guys at front desk thanks guys,and thanks for great room with lovley view of sea, keep up the great work see you all next year, The New big boss of the hotel is very nice and very approchable, always on the go checking everything, more of the rooms are being updated, all the grounds are looking good the gardeners do great job, from the famous 4 from Scotland, Jean,Andy,Eileen,George .ps if you need to cash travelers cheques take the reciept with all the cheque numbers on it as you need this now to cash them, you wont be dissapointed at this hotel

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

First time to Egypt, will prob be my last. hotel looked good when we arrived.
When checking in was offered and up grade for150 euros. But as we had booked nice room, we at first declined, was show to our room which was ground floor, overlooking service road, clean but in poor state of repair and tatty.
So we took the upgrade, rooom was nice, but flooded whilst we were there, and they cleaned up and never told us until we found our very wet shoes in cupboard.
To get a sunbed you need get in with the towel man other wise you get the worst spots.
AIl inclusive, only one buffet rest' drink limited and small glasses.
service at bars very poor, can wait 10 mins before refill.
Food good and plenty.
Pools nice and clean.
Don't go off resort, felt very unsafe and was followed but, strange looking local.
if you just want a rest by the pool and to be in bed by 9.30pm as no bar life, it is fine but would say it was 3 star. Not my best holiday.

Room Tip: Get the upgrade
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Aylesford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I emailed Mohamed before our arrival to upgrade our room to a marine and fortunately we were able to do so. Upon arrival we were met by Mohamed and a welcome drink before obtaining our keys and transfer to our beautiful room with a lovely ocean view! Our room was probably the best I have ever stayed in , was spacious with flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilities and a courtesy dressing gown and slippers , the bathroom was spacious with power shower ,it was fabulous!
The hotel grounds are absolutley beautiful ! a lot of planning and thought have gone into the overall effect which has certainly paid off!! plenty of streams and waterfalls , beautiful bridges which are lit during the evenings and play lovely soothing music as you saunter over ! a lovely gesture! The staff are fabulous ranging from the lovely mohamed on reception to the equally lovely ramy at the pool bar! but all the staff in the restaurant , the cleaning staff , and especially the animation team were fantastic! they went out of their way to make our stay special , and took my daughter Michelle out on a number of evening nightclub trips making sure she was well looked after !!! my only gripe would be the food rating , buffet style but was fairly repetitive and being a 5 star hotel i would have expected at least a one free stay at each of the a la carte restaurants on site , but these were at a supplement and having sampled the tradewinds restaurant i cannot say i was impressed ! This hotel has a very strong russian influence however this did not cause us any problems, although the early laying of towels on sunbeds is still a huge must ! but overall i would thoroughly recommend this hotel , and as a travel agent would definitley recommend this hotel to my customers !!

Room Tip: definitely upgrade to a marine room
Krakow, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I spent there one week in september 2011, the hotel is nice,situated in beautiful garden, clean, standard is ok. I really enjoyed staying there and was very impressed with the quality of service we received. The staff (restaurants, bars, reception, room service) was unbelievably friendly and helpful. Animation team was just great!! to sum up, the atmosphere was amazing. Best wishes to Masha, Kaka and Mega!! see you guys, Agnieszka and Kasia

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have just returned from a wonderful break at the Radisson Blu with my Mum and brother - just what we needed!

The staff were fabulous, every single one was courteous and kind and went out of their way to help us. Special mention to our cleaner Sobhy who was very sweet and hardworking and made a real fuss of us all, especially my Mum on her birthday. I am very surprised to read the negative comments as we had nothing but great service throughout the trip.

One word of caution - research the trips thoroughly. The information provided by the Thomson reps is woefully inadequate, all of the trips (Jerusalem, St Catherine's Monastery etc) are long, long days with a very short amount of time at the destination. Thankfully my mother is fluent in German and learnt the details from the info left by a German tour operator.

I have been diving for a long time and one of the reasons we booked this hotel was for the dive centre. I had some absolutely fabulous dives and Maged/Becky managed to arrange for me to dive the SS Thistlegorm which comes highly recommended. My brother completed his Open Water course and had nothing but praise for Mahmoud's teaching. Thanks guys! When we were diving my Mum came along snorkelling on the boat and had a great time - even if you aren't divers I would recommend coming on the dive boat for snorkelling as the prices are reasonable, the boat isn't heaving and the guides know what they are talking about. When I next come back I will certainly be using this dive dentre.

There were only two things that we didn't like about the hotel. The packed breakfast provided when you go on a long trip is woefully inadequate, which is a shame as they have a fabulous selection of pastries and fruit at the buffet which would be much better than a dry little sandwich. The other thing was the animation team - I appreciate they were only doing their job but the music (the same 3 songs played LOUDLY twice a day while they do the same dance routines) was extremely intrusive and didn't really allow us to relax by the pool. We were sitting a long way from the speakers but there was no escaping. Infact it seemed as if a collective groan went up whenever the 'Sharm el-Sheikh' song started up. Very, VERY irritating after a few days!

That said, we had a fabulous holiday and wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel.

Peterborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Went with some trepidation following a recent review regarding a single traveller however I emailed the hotel and received a response explaining the situation that had occurred, I can assure any single travellers that you will be most safe within this resort.
The hotel is typical Egyptian 5* and travellers from the UK should appreciate that the star ratings are Egyptian and not UK ratings, overall I had a fantastic time at this hotel, the staff from the gardeners to the General Manager and everyone inbetween were polite, courteous and friendly. Rooms are large and light (I was in 1258) air con is good allbeit a little noisy, TV channels are limited for UK travellers but then who goes on holiday to watch TV anyway! plentiful hot water and no problems with water pressure at all, plenty of clean towels and toiletries were replaced regularly.
Water dispensers are located all around the complex with sealed water bottles being provided during the evening meal.
Drinks - Im not a drinker so cannot comment on the alcohol but the diet coke was branded and bottled
Food - I found the food choice to be excellent, I am my own worst enemy when it comes to food as I dont eat rice, pasta or potatoes having said that I never struggled to find anything to eat at any mealtime, salads were lovely, plenty of fresh fruit and the cakes were nice too. Breakfasts were typical egyptian - dont expect bacon and egg as you will not get it, sausages are the frankfurter variety which is common in egypt but the omlettes and pancakes were cooked freshly in front of you, there was always pre-prepared food available and also two carving stations and a pasta station, plenty for everyone I would have thought.
Grounds: the grounds of this hotel are kept immaculate including the pools and lounging areas.
Gym: very hot !!! free weights, running machine, bike and static weight machines - all adequate for the purpose of keeping in trim whilst on holiday although it could do with ensuring the doors are closed and the air con is at the lowest - bit like working out in a sauna.
Overall I had a fab holiday, met some friendly people - Hi Paddy and Siobhan !! and would definately return.
Free wifi in the lobby area - no problems and worked every time
Late room checkout: requested this the day of departure - kept room until 2.30 pm at no extra charge.
Mo - Hotels 4 U rep - very friendly and helpful - not pushy at all

Room Tip: I was in 1258 which was mid way between the restaurant and the entertainment - nice and quiet - sun...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

My husband and I have just returned from a week at the Radisson Blu, Sharm. The hotel and it's grounds are really very good indeed. The rooms are excellent and are cleaned to a very high standard. My only negative comments surround the drinks. We never saw a wine bottle the whole of the week. When we first arrived we walked down to the beach and had a drink at the bar. I appreciate that they want to serve drinks in plastic glasses but these never wash well and so always looked grubby. I asked for a white wine - it truly tased awful. I asked to see the bottle so I could change my choice next time but they don't serve the wines in bottles - ever. They are served in a variety of plastic bottles, including old coke bottles. The choice is red or white! The red was slightly better but that was servied cold, you had to wait for the chill to wear off. Getting servied at the pool bar was another matter all together. To get served promptly here you had to be blonde, female probably under 25 and a size 6/8. Without this criteria you had to wait and then wait and then wait some more. I would also hazard a guess that all the drinks served on this site are watered down to a degree - including coke. The dining was a good standard but not really an awful lot of choice.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor with a sea view - very good indeed.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!