“Amazing family friendly holiday!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort to your Saves list
Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 223, Sharm El Sheikh | South Sinai - Egypt, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
“Amazing family friendly holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We visited this hotel on the 21st April for 7 days. It was our first visit and we were not disapointed. The hotel was beautiful and clean at all times. The gardens are so well kept the gardeners were always working hard every morning .
We stayed in block 1 in a family suite and it was worth every penny of the upgrade. So spacious and it meant that the children were in seperate rooms from us. Didnt expect to have two beautiful bathrooms and two baloconies! We overlooked the childrens water play area and I would highly recommend this block for request as it's so close to the main food room.
Our room cleaner Ahmed made returning to our room every afternoon exciting. His towel art was amazing and a highly recommend leaving a daily tip. The room was always spotless and beautiful even going to the extent of arranging all my toiletries on my dresser neatly, in size order.
There was a travel hairdryer hidden away in one of the dresser drawers. I didnt know and wish I hadn;t bothered to pack my own.
I read there was one english socket in every room but we could not find it in our room. So recommend taking extra travel plug adapters. Also be aware if you leave something charging in your room some sockets dont stay powered when you take out your room card.
The water park is fab, not too big not too small just perfect. The kids never got bored and all the lifeguards around every pool help you feel safe and they are all friendly and smiling. Never had to queue for a single slide. We was suprised!
My only issue was that on your welcome letter the hotel states that people should not reserve sunbeds , especially with your own towels as towels are provided daily with your towel card ( we didnt pack any at all) however every morning people had put towels down and never even attended round the pool til late afternoon. Some people didnt even come to the sunbeds at all and just must have reserved them just incase! It was never an issue for actually getting a sunbed as there are plenty and the staff will find you a space if you turn up later when its busy. But it was near impossible to get one of the sunbeds near the wave pool these were the ones people reserved early. I highly recommend the hotel addresses this.
On your first day around the pool be prepared to be mithered by the spa and beauty people trying to get you to have treatments. Its abit of a pain but as long as you expect it and tell them no they soon remember not to bother you again.
The food was great, I really enjoyed having freshly cooked poached eggs made for me every morning. The chef stations are brill and the hot food on the side was always filled back up the second they went low.
My partner is very fussy so on a few of the themed nights (chinese and indian) he found himself abit unhappy eating burgers,chips etc as this was what he'd had for dinner but we enjoyed the indian and chinese. The chefs work really hard and the desserts are beautifully made and presented .
We visited the American Diner once with our free voucher which entitles you to a three course meal off the menu for free. I had the steak and it was beautiful.
It isnt very clear where you can get snacks from when you first arrive (around the poolside) so make sure your rep shows you.
My youngest really enjoyed the kids entertainment at night. A few evenings we stayed a little longer for the shows but never really had a late night to comment on anything else later in the night.
We wondered out twice but be prepared to get hassled on the streets, haggling etc is not my cup of tea and I found it annoying being hassled so much. The shops across the road from the hotel sell decent stuff at an ok price. Taxi's mither you if you want a ride. Dont get hassled into touching camels etc either.
We did two excursions we organised privately ourselves with Sharm Vacations Excursions (mo) we did the sand buggies in the desert and a camel ride plus the glass bottom boat. They were both great trips and highly recommend Mo for great prices and service. He also provided us with an internet dongle for our stay meaning we could use the internet to keep in touch with friends and family.
We asked the hotel to provide us with a packed lunch for one day at the beach. The packed lunches are fab and free. We crossed the road into the sister hotel and walked through that holiday village to the beach. Its a longer walk than you'd expect! We didnt stay long as my kids werent interested in the sea after leaving a water park. The sand its very gritty and they coulnd't build with it. The sea is beautiful and shallow for miles.

Its ashame Sharm is so half built everywhere. Even right next to the hotel there is an unifinished hotel (no longer being constructed) and thats the case for everywhere, its abit off putting on your drive from the airport to your hotel but it takes nothing away from how great Coral Sea Aqua Club is.

Tip - we didnt even change any money, we took about £60 worth of £1 coins for using for tips etc and I would recommend the same. Shops take English notes too.

Weather was beautiful and we would love to return however the prices seem to be getting ridiculous. Im sure thats more to do with Thomson. Its a pity you cant book directly with this hotel as they seem to have that many regulars they would not be short of customers.

Thankyou to every worker who helped make our holiday great :)

Room Tip: Block 1 is close to main resturaunt etc. Take English money especially pound coins. Hair dryer in yo...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Just back weather was great. Aqua club great place to stay very spacious comfortable accommodation, very friendly staff, good choice of good food. Service was excellent throughout our stay. Local drinks were very palatable I only had shandy, red wine and rose wine - all decent quality. Overall very good value for money - I booked thru Thomson. Flat screen TV excellent with a choice of some film channels. Free WiFi in and around reception not very good but adequate. Very good water park lots of choice and the wave pool is heated which suited me fine I don't like cold water.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

It was our first time in Egypt and we were absolutely delighted. We arrived to hotel on lunch time and after lunch our room was ready. We got room with two single bad but we changed it for double bad room without any problem. Rooms and bathrooms are spaciuos, clean and modern. Bad was big and very comfortable. We liked it very much
Hotel look very good, it has well-kept garden and nice pool area.
Staff was very nice and helpfull - you don't have to wait for the table in the restaurant or for a drink in bar. Of course it is well-seen to give a tip but it is not necessary. The best in this hotel was food. We didn't expect so good cuisine in Egypt and I can say that there was the best food I have ever had in the hotel with all inclusive as I travel a lot. Even hamburger was made from fresh beef when 4* hotels in Spain just give you some awful hamburger from plastic bag. Snack on the swimming pool were delicious- fresh made pizza ant toast or different dishes on the next pool bar.
Life music every night in lobby bar was fantastic and proffesional!!!
Location of this hotel is very nice- you can take a walk and visit some shops, travel agencies, Mc Donald or Hard Rock Cafe.

We hope to come back this year :)

Room Tip: I think that every room will be nice. We had room in the building close to main pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at the resort and it is fair to say that everything is as good as it could be.

The staff are extremely friendly which helped as our son is shy around new people.

The food is good, although sometimes the selection is not great, but this a small thing.

I would highly recommend this resort to any family looking for a resort that has everything from relaxing on your own, to family fun.

We will be going back next year!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great week at this hotel with my husband, 21 month old son and my parents. My honest personal review is the waterpark and pools are amazing and what make this hotel. The days are brilliant filled with water fun, get your base at 8am with the towels provided, and enjoy the day with snacks and treats around the pool and even bbq at lunch time. We enjoyed the buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner, lots of fresh food and a lot of variety. It's good for the size of the hotel. Asian and American restaurants were nice to try and food was really good. We stayed in two family suite that are huge and perfect for us. Hotel is clean and most staff are friendly. Entertainment was ok for children, could be improved and a bit repetitive. Sports bar currently used as main entertainment room. I would not recommend the creche! Little tip for people with young children, don't bother with soho square or sharks bay beach we were disappointed with both... stay put at the hotel! All in all a great week at a lovely hotel... Beware of the Mosquitos!

Stayed April 2015
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is a great hotel. We had a fantastic holiday. The resort is big with lots to do. On arrival there are many different people attending to you (receptionist, person offering a drink, person carrying your luggage which is taken off you and a person taking you to your room). All of these people were looking for tips which unsettled us but we found the rest of the time nobody looked for tips (although we did tip our cleaner a few times). We were given a ground floor room with no balcony; it just takes you out to the main pool area. We had a 2 year old with us and this was not safe enough as she could run away. We asked to be moved and were moved from day 2 onwards to a first floor room with a balcony. This room was much better and we were happy with the service provided. The staff are amazing and can’t do enough for you. They are so friendly and often went out of their way to speak to us and make us different drinks. There are a few different pools and we never had any bother trying to get sunbeds regardless of the time of day and there were 5 of us. There are 2 a la carte restaurants and we had 3 trips to these for free as we were staying for 11 nights. They were both ok but we found the main restaurant was better. The food was always decent and different on every visit. Breakfast was always the same foods, but there was so much on offer that you could eat different foods if you wanted. They often cooked BBQs outside which was a nice change. The kid’s entertainment at night was good. There showed a film then ran the mini disco which lasted an hour. We never stayed after the mini disco for the adult entertainment so cannot comment. The wifi was only available in the lobby for free and was often very slow. It didn’t bother us but it annoyed others. The weather was fantastic. We went at the beginning of February and though it stayed in the mid-twenties for most of the holiday we had a few days of 32 which was lovely. We went on the glass bottom submarine tour. It was good at first but once you’ve seen the fish and coral, there’s not much left to see. We also went quad biking which was absolutely amazing. I would thoroughly recommend it. I didn’t fancy it at all but was persuaded by my husband to go and I was so glad I went. We also went on the Thomsons Friday night out in Naama Bay which was fantastic. It’s a pub crawl and it goes around 4 or 5 bars for an hour at a time and they were all brilliant. My favourites were Pacha nightclub which put on a private show of dancers for just us on the pub crawl then on to the Hard Rock Café which was brilliant. Outside of the resort you are constantly pestered by the locals to go in their shop and even the taxis stop in the middle of the road to ask you if you want a taxi. It gets really annoying and I started to ignore them or walk in the opposite direction! You are allowed to go a walk through the Holiday Village to get to the beach. We did this a few times. The holiday village was under refurbishment as we were there and I was so relieved not to be staying there. There was an incredibly strong smell of glue and part of the swimming pool was cut off. So we didn’t get to use the holiday village facilities due to this. You can also use the Coral Sea Water World along the road which we didn’t realise till our last day. Would have loved to go there, but didn’t. I would recommend this to everyone and would definitely go back!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great family holiday. Nice kids pool which the little one loved and good evening entertainment too.

Food started to get a bit plain and repetitive by the end of the week, but that's the same for all all-inclusive holidays really..

Good hotel spa at a great price too..

Friendly staff, well maintained, clean room..

Nothing to complain about..

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!