“Birthday holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort to your Saves list
Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 223, Sharm El Sheikh | South Sinai - Egypt, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Erith
“Birthday holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

First time at this hotel in Sharm, have stayed at the holiday village previously. On a smaller scale, but we had a brill time. We are a bit old for the on site slides etc, but brilliant for kids, and it did seem to keep the main pool for adults and smaller children. Plenty of sun beds, and guests did appear to keep to the 8am rule before placing towels down. You do get sun bed towels everyday which is not mentioned in brochure, plus bottled water and tea /coffee replenishment everyday. Staff very friendly although the on site spa people were a little hard sell. Choice of food and drink good, and American a la cart restaurant made a nice change for evening buffet restaurant. Beware of the mosquito's! So many people badly bitten, make sure you use repellant at all time (we went first week of May) my birthday cards prompted a cake from hotel, which was a lovely touch. Would recommend and would love to return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guests,

First of all, many happy belated birthday wishes...may all your dreams come true!

Secondly, many thanks for your review and for your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at any of our four Coral Sea Resorts in Sharm El Sheikh.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The hotel is fab but just particularly want to mention the entertainment as after all reviews slating it. Me and my family couldn't complain, Thomson reps do a fab job and even one of the uk acts were on britains got talent this year, overall an excellent holiday all round.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

After my family went to this hotel last year, they immediately booked it again before they got home from that holiday. Surprised at their eagerness, i decided i would go along this year. I defiantly made the right decision as it was fab. The hotel is not huge, but there is not a lot of walking to do between rooms, pool area, slides and food. The staff were brilliant, always happy and entertaining, it was a very relaxed place. Having gone at the beginning of April, the weather was not at its hottest but we had a really good run of up to 38C. The food was great, with a lot of choice. There is a Chinese, american, and steak restaurant.
Because of the place it was, it seemed very restricted and i like to be out doing things, not sat around a pool. We did go quad biking with Falcon with was amazing ! And scuba diving which was even better. I would recommend the hotel, but going to Egypt, you have to be prepared to be hassled in the street CONSTANTLY, being restricted to what you can do and if you are wanting to leave the hotel, be prepared for the not so relaxing walk. The beach was good but a good 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: We had a swim up room, it was good but i never really used it. But if you get one, get the sunny sid...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bucks Cross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

What a lovely surprise my husband & I had when we returned back to this hotel after 2 yrs. In Sept 2011 my family with myself, hubby and grandchildren visited this hotel as it was new and we wanted fun for the younger 1s, my grandchildren were 7,2, 18months & 9 months old, so was recommended this, got there with no worries, got into the hotel and was not disappointed, the rooms were lovely also staff who were brill with the babies, waiters were really gd with us and never did they moan about mess from the kids, we even sat in the same place all wk for all meals, big Mohamed they call him was superior so was jamel. Well the point of this review is..... my daughter returned here beginning of may with her hubby & 3 children ,1 only being 18 months, she was very impressed still, we was also returning to this hotel 5 days after she got there, well what can I say, it was still as gd as the first time we went, even better I think, with my daughter being there first she had related things to me, as I mention earlier about the waiters it was still the same, they recognized her and made her feel more than welcome, she was surprised they remembered her, when we arrived they welcomed us lovingly,we had a ground room floor, opposite the kids pool which was great, lovely and big, we had no problems at all throughout out stay, we are going back next yr as this is a very gd hotel and entertaining for the kids, lots to do, food here is better and like other reviews something for everyone, even fussy eaters, well done to all staff, one thing I will say is use jungle mozispray as people got a lot of bites and were using spray brought from there called off, it did not work for our friend, she had lots of bites, I used the jungle and got bitten once, well hope this review helps, give it a try, thanks again to all staff x

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Amazing for kids and adults. Thomson crew are fabulous and so were the coral sea staff. Crèche is also very good. Evening entertainment was very good, and would defiantly recommend to others and hope to return next year.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your brief review; we are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Just returned from my first trip to Egypt and stayed 10nights at the Coral Sea Aqua Club, had a fabulous holiday, at first I was a bit apprehensive about going to Egypt but I shouldn't have worried at all. Very quick processing once arriving at airport, they ask whether you need a visa or not. We didn't, if you don't leave Sharm then you don't need one. We took American dollars but they prefer English. They cant put foreign coins into their banks so better to tip with American or Egyptian pounds if that makes sense.

Transfer to hotel was quick only around 20mins, once you get to hotel they leave your bags outside while you check in and get some food they deliver your bags to your room a bit later on. Hotel is big and clean, staff are friendly and welcoming. Rooms are huge, we had room 5204 which over looked the pool, first floor with balcony. Wardrobes with free safe, bathroom is a decent size shower only, a bit like a wet room. TV with a few English channels, fox movies which showed movies all day and night for anyone who wants to chill out in the air con, beds a massive and comfortable. There is a lounge bar which is just behind reception, all drinks are included even cocktails with local spirits, there is an Asian Restaurant which is next door to where they hold the welcome meeting, an American restaurant down the stairs to the left and the main buffet hall on the right. The food...main buffet hall had theme nights, Mexican, chef's night etc. There is something for everyone, why anyone needs to go to McDonalds is beyond me. They do fries and homemade burgers nearly every day which I was told are better. Plenty of choice for food, make your pizza / pasta stations, salad lots of home made grub! Mornings there are pastries, pancakes, omelettes, eggs whether you prefer hard boiled, pouched or fried you can get them all. The puddings may look amazing but I didn't go much on them to be honest, Ice cream is awesome especially the mango! Mmmm. Asian & Amercian restaurants are decent although they have a lot of cheese for the starter menu which my hubby hates, im sure they would have made a starter without but he didn't like to ask. You can pretty much eat all day, you will see once you get the leaflet!! Pool is big and clean, they have a small wave pool which is by the kids mini waterpark, there are adult slides which are good one a little scary for me!!

Entertainment - you cant fault the reps for trying, the main pool is the activity pool and they have loads going on from aqua fit to quiz's. I see people are complaining about the evening entertainment. I was always wiped from the sun so only managed to sit through a little of the pantomime, the evenings are mainly tailored to the kids (it is a family resort after all) I always thought they did a good job who goes on holiday for the evening entertainment anyway? The reps are always working, kids clubs etc so I bet they are shattered by the end of the night so give them a little credit.

Our house keeping was done by Ali, everyday he was in keeping our room up to standard and leaving 2 bottles of water. If they forget just pop out and see them, any problems just let them know they are really good, a credit to the hotel. Most days he would leave towel art for us and for our anniversary he had swans and wrote out the word love with flowers on, I did advise the hotel before we left the UK it was our anniversary and we did get a chocolate cake sent to our room the day after but I think this was down to Jamal. We went to the Stone Grill restaurant for our anniversary, booked in the correct way (outside main buffet) but when we turned up they weren't expecting us, it wasn't busy so didn't matter. When you go into the stone grill go up stairs, Jamal was our waiter up there (he also works in main restaurant) was very helpful and I think a bit upset that he couldn't do something special for our anniversary because he wasn't aware so got our desserts for free and the next day received the chocolate cake which was better than any of the desserts in the hotel, it was so good! The stone grill isn't part of the All Inc deal but it only cost us around £30 for a 3 course meal and a drink each, granted the desserts were free but I had fillet steak and it was like eating half a cow and was very good.

Pool side, they have signs up everywhere saying no towel reserve before 8am! People were putting towels out at 7 and not returning till around 10ish, pool guy Kabil is very good always coming round with drinks for everyone but he went off on his holidays and the standard slipped seemed the guy who took over just did drink requests instead (probably because of big tips) which was a shame as I did tip Kabil and would have done so for this guy too if I had got a drink. Overall was very happy with the standard of the hotel and would recommend probably to families as its not really a couples resort. Only had a few minor issues one was the evening entertainment was so loud I could hear them singing from my room with the patio door closed and I was at the other side of the resort need to turn that down a bit and my second was when we were leaving (being collected at 6.20pm) we were told by reception to ring and they would send someone to collect the bags, at 5pm we rang they advised us to leave outside door but Ali put them back in room so no kids played around with them, when we checked out at 5.30 we advised them of this, fine no problem they will be collected from the room. 6.10 no bags still, 2 other rooms were in same position (we would have taken them ourselves but they insisted) our bus turned up to take us to the airport, still no bags the porters took off quickly and when they returned they had the other 2 rooms but not ours after having bit of attitude with our collection guy off they went to collect, I assume they thought we hadn't booked the collection I was not impressed with this as we would have brought them ourselves.

Airport coming home... was terrible, it was all enclosed no windows or air con (which they had) in the corner of the room was the 'smoking area' and the rest of the airport was non smoking, not sure how that works as no ventilation, this is a major issue for us non smokers and children it needs to be addressed if they want more tourism.

Top tips:
Tip in American or Egyptian
For Wifi go to Miami Mini Mart out of hotel turn left and walk a few minutes
Go on VIP Cruise & Soho Square (we went to Market mayhem and I didn't like being hassled)
Take Jungle Formula plug in & spray
Don't get on a camel until agreed a price (they do try and charge you more after the ride)
They say they don't expect tips but you can tell they do, don't feel pressured only give to those who go that one step further.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms look decent they are higher up but cant see pool, 5204 has good view of the pool area.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We stayed at the coral sea aqua for the 3rd time ( got our Gold Bands ) on May 2nd for 1 week and found it just as good as the first and second of our times there. We were over the moon with the welcome back to the hotel from the lads who help with your cases. It's amazing how they remember you from all the people who have been to that Hotel. The same applies to the Reception staff. In fact all of the staff are absolutely fabulous, they always have a smile on their face. Our room was really nice. Large and spacious. and above all very clean. The Thompson staff tried very hard to keep people entertained. we were more than happy with the effort they put in. And joined in a few of the activities ourselves. The food was very good. always found something nice to eat in the buffet restaurant. Caroline from the Guest relations was really nice and helpful to us and made our stay very pleasant. We can go on and on about this nice hotel and the staff. But if you want to have an all round perfect Holiday I would highly recommend this nice intimate family Hotel. We have recommended it to a few of our good friends. And will definitely be going back ourselves. Quite a few of the people we spoke to while we were there said the same. Be nice to bump into them again in such a nice environment. If you haven't already guessed we love it there. If you are wondering where to stay. Please give it a try, you won't regret it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review and for your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your 3rd stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your 4th visit in the very near future. Please do let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more enjoyable.
Warmest regards,

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!