“Absolutely fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort to your Saves list
Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 223, Sharm El Sheikh | South Sinai - Egypt, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
manchester
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel and it certainly wont be our last. We travelled as 2 adults and 3 children (14, 13 and 10 years old) and stayed in a suite for 6. On arrival the staff couldn't do enough for us and we checked in very quickly, they even allowed us to get something to eat even though it was nearly 10:00 at night and the restaurant closed at that time. The room was the best room I have ever stayed in! The suite consisted of a twin room, a room with sofa beds and another en-suite room with a queen sized bed. We also had 2 balconies.
The hotel is very, very clean and everywhere is air-conditioned which was needed in 40deg plus heat. The food was excellent and even my fussy 10 year old couldn't get enough. The main buffet area was filled with lots of fresh and very tasty food and the waiters kept the drinks coming. There was an outdoor BBQ area which did chicken, burgers, hotdogs and steak, this was open at dinners and most evenings. Another area near the slides did hotdogs and chicken etc and pizzas were also served at 4:00 near the activity pool bar. The only problem was deciding where we wanted to eat, We also received 2 vouchers to use at the American Diner and the Asian restaurant. We thought the American Diner was good, that was until we visited the Asian restaurant. All I can say is OMG! The food was out of this world!
The slides were fantastic, as was the surf pool. The wave pool was very relaxing and the pools for little children looked great, although we didn't use these. We loved the lazy river and once you get on you don't want to get off and many a time we went round 5 time or more. We were never short of something to do at the activity pool, volley ball, water polo, dancing, quizzes and everyone joined in, it was fantastic!! Can I just say that the entertainment team were the friendliest, helpful and most happiest I have ever met. They couldn't do enough for us. They work extremely hard just to make everyone's holiday the best and they didn't disappoint us.
Beds are easy to get even if you don't get up at 8 in the morning to put your towels on and the staff will always make sure you get beds in the area you want.
Bar staff will make non-alcoholic cocktails for the children if they want one and if you do drink just remember the measures aren't really measured they are just poured in. I thought I would be able to have a few vodka and cokes but believe me they will blow your head off.
We visited the beach which was lovely as well with lots of beds with shade. The only downside to this is that you need to walk through the Holiday Village to get to it and even though it only took about 10 minutes, when you are walking in 43 deg heat it really does take it out of you.
We only ventured out once at night and turned back as we were getting hassle from the locals to go in their shops and some were quite demanding and it made us feel uneasy. We were told to go to the Soho Square to shop but as we were only staying for a week we didn't bother.
I would recommend that you do tip as staff do deserve it as they work very, very hard and they do appreciate it. We tipped all through our holiday until we got to the airport for our return flight and the driver asked us which were our cases they held his hand out and asked for money. We said we would only tip once we got our cases, to which he then said he had a bad back and walked off!!!! He certainly didn't deserve one.
I am now looking to book this holiday for next year as it had everything! The one thing that disappointed me was the fact we only stayed for a week. Great for families with children of all ages I would certainly recommend this hotel for everyone. I am now looking out of my window at the pouring rain wishing I was back. Well done Thompson!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Suites are extremely spacious and luxurious!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

All I can express if your thinking about booking or have booked this hotel you will not be disappointed. I cannot fault anything, the hotel the cleanliness, the food and most importantly the staff are all 1st class. The only slight snag is the evening entertainment, but customer relations are aware and are going to change it. Its ok when the outside professional entertainers come in but not good when its left to Thompsons.

As guests are made to feel so very welcome to their country. We were all very sad to leave!! Thank you Coral Sea Splash for a wonderful holiday, can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2013
Buckie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have just returned after 2 weeks holiday. This was our 3rd visit to this hotel and was not disappointed this hotel gets better and better each time.

The reception guys are brilliant very helpful and very concerned that everything is ok for you during your stay. Always welcoming and friendly.

Our rooms were perfect 5110 and 5111 around the pool. I cant remember the cleaners name but it was kept spotless and the lovely towel art finished it off especially on my 40th Birthday.

Food was good many saying it was repetitive but we always found something and had no complaints. The service is great nothing is too much for these guys and even during Ramadan they served with a smile. Mohammed stood out for us yet again very friendly guy. The American restaurant is good and the Asian one although the kids didn't like it.

I would definitely recommend the Stone Grill this is a must. The best steak we have ever tasted and service from the lovely Mahmoud made it even better. I went for my birthday and they couldn't have done enough. Thanks guys.

The Entertainment wasn't as good as its been but these girls are so nice and do try their best to get everyone involved. It was outside this time as Thomsons have made an amphitheatre but we felt it wasnt as good as when it was inside in the sports bar. We missed the cheesy party dances in the morning to get everyone going.

My partner and myself had a scrub and turkish bath in the Spa. This was really fine and it def helped with stopping peeling skin. They can be quite persuasive for a start but after our treatments they never bothered us.

The bar staff are next to none and this is def a reason why we return, they are so friendly. The guys around the pool serve drinks all day we hardly had to go to a bar. Islam and Nabil at the wave pool bar are really nice guys very funny, Nabil had us all in stitches every day. Abdo in the Lobby bar is such a nice genuine guy, they make our holiday each time, thanks.

We will definitely be returning soon to this hotel and want to thank each and everyone for a fantastic holiday yet again.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had a fantastic 2 weeks at the Coral Sea Aqua Club...... can't fault it really (and believe me, I'm hard to please!!) Plenty for our 11 year old and almost 2 year old to do. Swim up rooms are a MUST. Good variety of food, lovely big clean rooms - we were home less than a week when we booked up for next year, I think that says it all! Looking forward to going back next year - the countdown is on already!

Very compact resort but with plenty to do which is perfect if you have kids - they are never more than 5 mins away from you, plus, in 45 degree heat who wants to walk 10 minutes to get a bite to eat. Huge thumbs up from the Davidsons :)

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are worth their weight in gold if you like your own space.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rooms: very big spacious and modern, no bath tub just a shower. TV with a few English channels for children and adults. Only gripes about the room is the air conditioning unit is very loud and the walls are paper thin, can hear the conversations very clearly next door and cots are chargeable (bit stupid why not add it to the room bill when you book. Other than that the rooms are lovely, cleaned daily, room guy Mohammad did a great job.

Staff: cannot fault the Egyptian staff, they are friendly and helpful and always smiling. They are not to over the top either, we did tip occasionally but nothing over the top. The spa sales people however are a little annoying but with thebest intentions. Thomson reps however could do to learn a little customer service from the Egyptians.

Pools/ aqua park : all excellent, well maintained, cleaned regularly and well guarded with the lifeguards who where very attentive. Pools are a little chilly a first but in the heat it is welcomed. Lots of sun beds and parasols so no need to worry about reserving any. Aqua park was good for the older children and adults a good variety of slides, the wave rider was a hit with the teenage boys and dads!

Food and service: the food was ok, not massive choice or quality but all edible and well made. For the money we paid this was acceptable. If your stayingmore then a week it will become tedious. American rest was very nice but never went to the Asian.Service in the restaurant was good, tables cleared and drinks brought frequently staff very chatty and friendly. Our waiter Mario was a great waiter. Only downside is dinner isn't served until 6.30pm our 17month old was just to tired by this time which resulted in a few tantrums and not eating much on an evening Even bringing this forward by 30 mins would make a great difference to families with little ones.

Childrens facilities: we booked this only for the excellent facilities and they where really good they pools, play ground and soft play where all a hit. With out 17 month old. Crèche staff. Friendly and welcoming for the toddler sessions they run.

Evening entertainment: cannot comment as we never went.

Beach: 10 min walk, sand not great but water teaming with wildlife and clean.

Overall opinion: very good hotel made by the staff and facilities, if you want family fun In The sun this is the hotel for you, if you want beach front, gourmet food and romance this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

as this was the second stay at this hotel it was interesting to see the changes, overall this is one of my favourite places to stay in Egypt. the hotel staff are very good in general but there now seems to be a focus on getting tips and not doing the job. this only applies to the cleaning staff and the pool guys and is only a minority. The pool guys on the rides need to understand the rules better as the would change from day to day, this lead to me and my son getting shouted at on several occasions.
The staff that are still there from last year are still great and they make your holiday truly great and the hotel advisor will jump on any issue and resolve.
The new day time and evening entertainment team are excellent to say that they that they have only been together for a matter of weeks, once they gel and gain confidence they will probably be one of the best teams.
The food is exactly the same as last year nice but repetitive!!

Room Tip: email the hotel direct if the room you want is available then they will reserve it for you.
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 11 nights from the 29th June and had a great holiday. My son who is 5 really enjoyed it.
When we arrived n sharm, our transfer was only 15 mins to the hotel which we found really good. Bus was also air conditioned which was good as the heat just hits you when you step off the plane.
When we arrived at the hotel, members of staff were there to take your bags and greet you and sort out your accommodation. We were told to go and have some dinner as we hadn't eaten and they would see to our room. Once we had dinner we went back to reception and were then taken personally by a staff member to our room and given a tour of room and explained how to work Air con. Our bags shortly followed by another member of staff. We were in room 1304 which was really nice and spacious and overlooked the pools.
Can't fault any of the poolside staff at all. They are brilliant with the kids and always having a laugh. If you ask for towels, they will come and out them on your lounger for you so you don't have to lift a finger. My son made good friends with Ahmed, and he was always chatting to me at the poolside first thing in morning. Other members of staff to mention are Hossam who brings drinks round the pool all day long and then works in the bar where kids entertainment is all night. Nothing is too much for him and if you ask for drinks at the bar when he is around, he will bring them over for you. My partner made good friends with him, needless to say....he had a huge hangover the following day! Mario in the restaurant is very nice too, he will do anything for you!
The cleaner for our room....can't remember his name but he was fantastic. We tipped him £2 every other and we had some amazing towel art. Room was always clean. I did find however that some days our towels hadn't been changed. I only noticed when we had been quad biking and the towels were filthy.
The pool is cleaned every morning by the lifeguards and litter is collected all day long. The American and Asian diners were very good and recommended. We found that by day 5/6 that we were getting fed up of the food in the restaurant or that me and my friend were getting unusually sore stomachs sometimes. Not sure if this was due to the high temps though.
Entertainment was garbage for adults but the kids loved it and Thomson the dog. Poolside entertainment is pretty dire too but it is meant for kids this hotel so can't really complain.
Watch out for the Mosquitos! I got eaten alive and I still have the bites on my legs 2 weeks after returning. They are a nightmare.
Overall a good holiday if you like to relax by a pool all day long because it is certainly too hot in July to do anything else!
Also, when it is windy, make sure your umbrellas are very secure, on our last day, there was a gust of wind which tipped two very heavy umbrellas and hurt one woman's arm quite badly and also Hossam was hit in the arm. Soon after that, our umbrella was caught in the wind and tipped and almost hit my son, which if it did could have killed him because they are so heavy, so make sure they are either down in the wind or they are secured properly. After ours blew over, we noticed that the whole lot were taken down, but this provided no shade and resulted in everyone going inside because it was so warm
Overall a fantastic holiday and would return again.....just have better entertainment!!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time with a swim up room unless you want to use a pool 24/7 or share it with th...
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!