“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort

You added Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort to your Saves list
Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 223, Sharm El Sheikh | South Sinai - Egypt, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Me and the wife stayed for a week in june for her birthday and we booked a swim up room on the sunny side absolutely brilliant well worth the money , cleaner was great could not do enough for us and the towl art was brilliant especially for my wifes birthday .food was quite good enjoyed both the american and Asian restaurants service in all the restaurants and bars where great and a special mention for mohamed always made sure we where looked after .
All the rides where good but the flow rider and the boomerang where our favorite (considering I'm 49 and the wife is 46) we both had a go more than once met some great people on our stay only downside is accurately outside loads of hassle but decent bars vivas, st george, three crowns and bar one

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (745)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
shetland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We, a family of 3 (2x adults and a 13 yr old) stayed at this resort from 29 May-8 June. Firstly i chose this particular hotel because of the 4.5 star reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed!! The staff at this resort work extremely hard in very warm temperatures (the temp reached high 40's everyday) Also, the staff are the most friendliest and helpful people that we have ever come across on the many different holidays that we have been on over the past few years, nothing is too much trouble for any of them!! Yes, they appreciate tips but wouldn't you if you worked 12-14 hour shifts each day only to receive a very poor wage at the end of the month. All these people work damn hard!!

The food was plentiful and most importantly hot. There were food stations offering made to order toasties, pizzas, pasta and kebabs all of which were cooked infront of you.. All you had to do was pick the ingredients and the chef would cook it. I can recomment the pasta station, i had this for dinner every single evening, it was very tasty and piping hot! Even the fussiest of eaters will be able to find something to eat at this hotel. The waiters do an excellent job at keeping the dining area to a very high standard of cleanliness.

The pool area was great. We never had trouble getting a sunbed in the mornings. We chose to sit outside the hotel clinic for our duration as the sun shines here all day long. There was a waiter going around offering drinks on a tray, his name was "Nabil" This guy is fantastic.. Very helpful, friendly and a right happy chappy!!

The hotel clinic was open from 0900-2100 each day. Definately piece of mind having this facility available on site. Thankfully we never had to use it but it was there if you needed it.

There were lifeguards on shift around the pool area for the duration of the pool opening times. Once the pool closes (around 1800, i think) these guys scrub down the many sun loungers, scrub the whole pool area and hose it all down. Once again, very hard working people.

The waterpark was fantastic. A great way to keep the children and adults amused for hours on end. There are lifeguards here at all times too.

The Thomson reps work extremely hard to entertain the guests. They do a very good job both day and night. Keep up the good work guys!!

The Spa/gym... We got roped into signing up for treatments on our first day by a very annoying spa rep (fortunately, i believe this person no longers works here) we were not disappointed by the treatments that we were given. We had a sauna, scrub, turkish bath, jacuzzi and massage. If anybody requires a spa treatment (i can highly recomment that you do) then make your bookings with "Mo". You will see him walking around the pool area each day or if he is not there then you will find him in the spa reception area. He is a very friendly, helpful guy who is not in the least bit pushy and he will take the time to listen to your needs and devise a spa treatment programme to suit your individual requirements.
For all you gym bunnies out there, i used this facility on several occasions and the equipment is adequate for you holiday keep fit regime.

Our room was very spacious. The walls are quite thin and unfortunately we had noisy neighbours... Nothing that some ear plugs wouldn't sort out so i recommend you take some along with you.

Overall, we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We have met some amazing people. This has to be the best social holiday that we have ever been on.

A BIG hello all the way from sunny Shetland to Nabil, Bassam, Mo, Dr Mohamed, Alaa, Gamal and anybody else who i have forgotten about. We will definately see you all again in the very near future. Keep up the good work, you all do a fantastic job!!!

Suffolk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Booked with thomson for my partner, my 8 year old daughter and I. We went for one week at the beginning of June. Very mixed feelings about this hotel.
Good points - we booked a swim-up room which was great as you can use your private pool area 24 hours a day unlike the main pools which close at the end of the afternoon.
Room was clean and we got some great towel art most days.
Entertainment is fantastic for the children and our daughter loved T-time live - my partner and I also found it very entertainment (kids say the funniest things on stage!)
Kids club is also brilliant they have drop in clubs in the afternoons which are free and you can also pay for kids club party 2-3 times a week at £10 a session for 7pm-10pm which gave us some couple time!
Weather - very hot in mid 40's most days so take a high factor, I have olive skin so I don't usually burn but I did here! I'd recommend you don't put anything less than factor 50 on your childrenand get water proof sun-screen as they will be in and out of the water all day long due to the fantastic slides, lazy river etc!
Okay so here are the bad points which means we won't be returning -
Buffett restaurant had no dress code, not great i believe in dressing for dinner but some people were in there in shorts and a vest top! Interesting dinner music , ate our food to theme tunes such as titanic, Schindlers list and kill bill. Rock groups such as evanessance also featured!
A la carte was a JOKE! We eat out at some nice restaurants at home so know good food when we see it. The a la carte was no better if not worse than the Buffett! An example ...one of the Asian restaurant desserts was a cold peeled banana on a plate with a mound of whipped cream next to it! Duck & pancakes served with real western style pancakes , it was just weird!! American was even worse, we both ordered a chocolate brownie for our dessert and it tasted like cardboard, disgusting!! one bite for this chocoholic was enough!
Spa was nice but massage had no privacy, door left open and had to undress in front of the masseuse, all massages I've had in UK they leave the room to allow you to get undressed first. We had a Couples massage and cracked up with laughter when the panpipes version of jingle bells started playing during the session.
Lobby had zero wow factor unlike other all inclusives we have stayed in. Main lobby seats and seats in lobby bar VERY shabby, worn and ripped and children had crayoned on the furniture.
Booked a Red Sea cruise with falcon across the road from the hotel, was harassed the whole time by the onboard photographer who would not stop taking photos of us despite my partner telling him not to! Even taking pictures of my whilst sunbathing in my bikini which made me feel really uncomfortable. Kept bugging us to look at the photos at the end of the trip even though we said we weren't interested as had our own camera. One last thing, the shops opposite the hotel are a rip off! They have labels with prices on some things, one side in English the other in Arabic. My daughter wanted a bracelet which said 200 Egyptian pounds on the label equivalent to £20 English sterling. Battered him down to 50 Egyptian pounds after he had consulted with his 'boss' , he tried to take label off after the sale but I took it from him and took it back to the hotel and asked a member of stuff what was written in Arabic and staff member said 30! One price for Locals and another for the poor tourists. Don't like the culture of the locals trying to rip off tourists, and they will do if you let them. Everything is very cheap in egypt but they add such a mark up because they know tourists will pay it as slightly cheaper than in UK. This was our third and last time in egypt. I expected more when I saw this hotel had a 4.5 review on trip advisor

• Stayed June 2013
Penzance, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have just returned from an excellent week at this top class resort. From the the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated excellently.
We had a swim up room which was great for late afternoon and early morning. The room was cleaned to a very high standard every day.
The food was very good and all tastes were catered for. The dining room was always kept to a very high standard of cleanliness.
The facilities at the resort were to class, the pool was always clean and the pool attendants were always at hand if you required anything. The kids area and the water slides were great for the younger members of the party.
The entertainment staff were great, Flipper, Danni and Chelss. Always polite and very hard working. I was lucky enough to win Norman the Gnome to look after for coming last in one of the adult games. The evening entertainment was ideal for the little ones and some of the older ones.
It was varied and very well attended. Well done to the team.
The rest of the staff were always on hand from reception to housekeeping and the waiters included. Nothing was to much trouble for any of them.
All in all we all enjoyed our stay and would recommend this resort to any one with young kids.

Room Tip: Sunny side swim up room (2101) I think was our room number.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I travelled with my partner and 12 year old son at the end of April on a last minute deal (£400 each) and having never been to Egypt had an open mind on what to expect to be honest.

We arrived at the Hotel around midday and as expected the weather was great and we were greeted by the friendly hotel staff with a drink and shown to our room. We had booked a family room which I thought would just be room with a double bed and a fold down bed for a child but we had a spacious double room with balcony and a separate twin room adjoining.

The facilities this hotel provides are superb, with numerous pools and an aqua park with rides for all. There are numerous lifeguards around all of the pool areas and most speak a little English and are good with children. The food was great with massive choices available to suit even the most fussy, but you just have to search a little to find what you want. As said, I was with my 12 year old son and he loved it and met with some other kids his age but if I was travelling without children I would avoid this hotel as it is a family hotel with lots of children.

Now, as with everything there are some things that didn't meet with my expectations. Firstly the liquid they serve as beer or lager was totally alcohol free and the spirits were somewhat akin to something you would use to thin paint! I did see some imported spirits that you could purchase but we chose to go out at night. Second issue was Wi-Fi. I found it odd when all the local bars and restaurants can offer free internet yet a 5 star hotel sees fit to charge around £5 for 10 mins!

The Hotel has its own Spa which was very nice but vastly overpriced. The Spa staff walk round the pool areas during the day looking for prospective victims, you have to be firm and say no to them or before you know it one of them is giving you a back massage whilst selling you treatments.

When leaving the hotel be prepared to be dive bombed by the "local" traders selling everything fake you could imagine. You try and be polite by looking at their stall or shop but they don't listen when you say no and you really have to be firm if you want to reach the pub. I found the guys with the camels particularly pushy but just be firm as they are all after your cash at the end of the day.

There are a good choice of bars and restaurant within walking distance of the hotel to suit all and even a Hard Rock Café but shop around as prices can be expensive.

I would thoroughly recommend the diving and snorkelling in the area as it is some of the best in the world. I booked through the tour operator but probably paid over the odds, but hey that is the same everywhere.

I have never had issues with being bitten with mosquitos before but the ones here seemed to like me so I would advise bringing some repellent with you.

All said, we had a great weeks holiday and yes I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rotherham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed from 16th may for 14 night in this hotel. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left the hotel was fantastic we travelled as a family with our 5 year old daughter who loved it.

The pools are good and slides too pirate ship is spot on for young children, flowrider is awesome just make sure your shorts are on tight lol

Met some great friends from preston while we were there and already book for next year!

Darren(craig) and Jane(kate) LOL

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great service from the moment we arrived. Driven by golf buggy to room, tip! do not take drinks on this as they drive very fast and there will be no drink left in your cup! haha

Room was lovely, we had a room on 'sunny side' on second floor. To be honest, none of the rooms really get sun at all unless you are in a swim up room in which case on the sunny side you will have sun on the water but not on your balcony! Was really only ground floor at the back that had any sun! Not an issue though as never spent much time in room during the day!

There were always sunbeds available, got the same beds everyday and sunbathed from around 11am. They had lots of activities on in main pool throughout the day for families and children. Scuba diving at noon, quizzes, aerobics, etc. We sunbathed at wave pool where it was quieter but still good for in & out water. Water slides are fantastic fun. Never tried the surf machine as I chickened out but everyone looked like they loved it!

Lazy river was my personal favourite! So relaxing and brilliant fun!

Food was fantastic every day. Lots of choice & loads for fussy eaters. Breakfast was good for all the different egg stations. You could choose an omelette, boiled eggs, scrambled, fried etc etc. They also had a pancake station. Lots of choice. The a la carte restaurants are also great, stone grill is an experience!

Found a kitten & some cats who seemed to stay in hotel grounds. Gorgeous wee things who we tried to feed everyday. Staff didn't seem to mind. :)

Hotel location is perfect. Right on main road near shops and restaurants and some nightclubs. Walking distance to the hotels beach which was the nicest beach I have ever been on! `they had actual double beds, bars, pools, lots of water sports, camel rides, toilets... everything!!! & it was private for certain hotels - amazing! Also the longest jetty I have ever seen! Perfect for snorkelling - crystal clear!

Please be weary of camel riders outside hotel and also salesman. Very pushy and will trick you into giving them money. We never fell for it but seen many others do so. Your holiday rep wil most likely talk you through these things at welcome meeting!

We decided to use the spa on our first day & booked in for scrub & massage. Had use of sauna and steam room. Very relaxing & great start to our holiday. But haggle haggle haggle for a good price!!

Must visit - Soho square! Really good night and great for shopping.
And of course - Pyramids! Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Staff are fantastic, cocktails are great. Night entertainment is same-y and for children but we discover the adults only shisha bar. The staff go to the bar and bring your drinks to your table while you sit with your shisha pipe - bliss!!

Never had trouble with mosquitos here before but for some reason I and also most women it seemed were being eaten alive! Please bring repellent even just incase as it is really not worth the itching and unsightly spots!! :(

Overall fantastic hotel and if we were to return to Egypt we would definitely be back here! 5 star quality, lovely hotel.

Room Tip: If in a swim up room ask for sunny side rooms but other than those not much chance of sun on balconi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!