“first time to egypt with no delhi belly!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort

You added Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort to your Saves list
Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 223, Sharm El Sheikh | South Sinai - Egypt, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
4.5 of 5 stars 2,120 Reviews
taffsontour
“first time to egypt with no delhi belly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Check in was a bit slow as one porter was allocated to take 6 families to their rooms which took over an hour. The rest of the holiday was superb. Stand up to the pool attendants who say there are no beds, they are haggling continuously for cash! Evening entertainment was low key and drinks were weak. Happy to survive the week with no stomach problems and the food was good. Had a swim up room which was nice. Would go again and recommend. Expect to be hassled if you venture out which is not pleasant. Spoils Egypt for me but some may enjoy the experience.

Room Tip: Sunnyside swim up room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went Stayed for 9 nights from 25th April- 4th May. 3 adults and 3 children.
Firstly, at the airport in Sharm it was not the smoothest of arrivals. We went outside for some fresh air (fag) while waiting for our bags to come through. When we tried to re-enter the baggage reclaim we were told we couldn't and had to go around the building to go through all the security checks again. We were not aware of not being able to re-enter as there were no signs or guards at the door at that point. So a bit of an inconvenience.
We eventually found our coach, again with some confusion. To be greeted with the driver holding his hand out to us including our children for a tip! And was not satisfied with us giving him £3.
Our arrival at the hotel went very smoothly. Our arrival time was approx 7pm. Shown to our rooms and bags were delivered promptly thereafter.

The main restaurant was best at lunchtime with a very good variety available. 2 snack bars are around the pool areas too. Which serve burgers, beef hotdogs, fries and made to order pizzas. Also a BBQ everyday at lunchtime. Breakfast was as to be expected for an AI hotel. Dinner times were varied and always something for everybody. The restaurant staff work hard and were very accommodating to any of our needs.
We visited the Asian and the American a la carte restaurants. The Asian was absolutely spiffing. Well worth a try. We had mixed feelings about the American as we had some good and some not so good meals served. Would definitely eat more than once at the Asian.
We visited The Hard Rock Cafe only once on the last night but should have gone more. Food prices were reasonable but beware of the service charge and food tax. Which comes to about 25% extra on your bill. But however it is worth paying it for the super atmosphere and very good quality food and drink.
TGI's I would not visit again as we went for a birthday celebration and we were very disappointed that they do not serve any alcohol and no JD sauce!!!!!
McDonald's was amazeballs. Portions were massive. Eat there twice with the children.
Also a KFC but didn't visit there.
All these eateries are within very easy walking distance.
The Pataya Beach is across the road about a 15 minute stroll away. Very comfortable sunbeds, lovely little pool. And the. Best cocktails in Sharm el Sheikh. However you will pay for them. Average price per cocktail is about £7. But well worth it for the setting and atmosphere. It's got a chilled out and sexy vibe.
They have shisha pipes available at the beach. Only £3. Worth a go.
The cleaner of out rooms 1206 and 1303 seemed friendly at first, however he became an annoying pest. For example, he kept knocking on my room one morning at about 9 am even after I told him to go away (nicely). I was in bed still and he worried my son because he would not go away when asked. When I was ready to leave to go down to the pool. The cleaner was still standing outside my room waiting. From that day on I put my do not disturb sign on, however he had no regard for this either. While I was at the pool he would enter my room switch the do not disturb light off and clean my room. But he did make some amazing towel art. On check out I was charged for 1 drink from the mini bar which I did not have. That is the cleaners duty to check the mini bar. But I disputed this and didn't pay in the end. We paid for a late check out (6pm) on one of the rooms which costs £37. But once again the cleaner kept knocking every hour to see if we were ready to leave. And asked us to go by 5.30 instead. We refused and complained on check out.
Pool staff were absolutely great. Very friendly, very happy and would bend over backwards for you. You can tip them but it doesn't necessarily get you any more special treatment than anyone else. However if you treat them with respect that goes a very long way with them.
In particular the waiter/barman Nabil AKA knock off Nigel the Queen of Coral Sea :) always on hand with a drink and a bottle of dodgy vodka. Abdo the other waiter was the best barman, always a smile. Top bloke. Bahaa (Bob) #stud was very helpful towels and sunbeds and played with the kids a lot. Mahmoud #anicebitofrough again was brilliant with the kids and the adults. A very good laugh all of them. Mahmoud was especially good with the children on the Flow Rider.
The kids pools were really great. Staff watching all the time. Lazy river was banging. Great to catch some rays. The adults pool we didn't really go to. But lots of staff there too with entertainment.
The Spa staff will approach on the first day as you will be really white so fresh meat. We were a little unsure at first. However we did decide to get some treatments done and it was one of the highlights of our holiday. Coffee and coconut scrub was an experience lol. Well worth the money. One of our party had quite bad sunburn after a particularly hot day and they offered complimentary treatments to help. We were well looked after. The Thai women there are lovely and very thorough.
Spa staff we met were Mo, Mido Hany and Tarik. Mo we love you. Had such a good laugh with us all. Mido was very informative. Lovely man. Hany and Tarik were great guys. Thanks.
Stepping outside of the hotel was a bit of a hassle with the shopkeepers trying to get you to buy. But we found this quite funny and as along as you're friendly they will be too.
All in all it was a brilliant holiday, one of the better hotels we have stayed in. Weather was superb. Kids had so much fun.
Would love to return there next year.
Some people loved it so much they've been back about 3 times in the last 2 months...although I think they could have had an Egyptian boyfriend #sloshers.
Enjoy your stay :)

Room Tip: Try and get one without an adjoining door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just got back from a simply amazing holiday. Travelled as a family of four with children of 10 and 5. Hard to know where to start with this hotel everything was just perfect. We stayed in a swim up room on the sunnier side (room 2108) which was well worth the extra money. All pools are finished by 5 o clock so to be able to cool down 24 hrs with your own pool was a must. This is seperate from the main pool on the first floor with its own bar and sunbed area overlooking the hotel grounds. Rooms are cleaned thouroughly every day with special mention to Bebo our cleaner who gave us wondeful towel art every day and was cleaning on our floor from sunrise to sunset.
With two children entertainment was very important and we were not let down. The entertainment team of Flipper, Cha Cha Chelsss and Dizzy Danni were amazing with the children. They were around the main pool all day playing games and somehow found energy to give high energy shows late into the night. Kids club staff again were brilliant Crazy Craig, King Carl, Coco and Kit kat are amazing and amazed how entertainers and kids club staff always remember chidrens names. My daughter loved Crazy Craig and a huge thank you to him as on our day of departure he was working at a differnt hotel but rushed over and sat with my daughter for 1 hour berfore waving her off on the bus.
Kids pools, slides are brilliant. Stayed in holiday villlages before and this knocked spots off them children were never looking for something to do.
This is an amazing hotel for families. This was our first trip to egypt and was a liitle sceptical but thanks to the experiece from this this hotel and all the staff have fallen in love and can't wait to go back here

Enfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I spent Xmas 2012 at the Coral Sea Splash Resort with my wife, daughter and her husband and two grand children. We had a fantastic stay. This holiday was really for the children and they loved the place. The water features kept them busy all day and they would not get out of the pools. This is safe and well attended by life guards. The setting is as good as any water park you have ever visited with slides, splash features, wave pool and flowrider surf simulator, see it to believe it.

We bought some paintings from the artist by the pool. He will take your order and paint what you want, while you watch. lovely pictures but remember to haggle over the price.

The buffet food is excellent although for me as a vegetarian it was not always easy to identify the meat free dishes. However, anything you want they will make. Try the made to order omelette or pizza. The waiters are really friendly. Jamal was our favourite and he played games with the children even on days when we were not at his table.

Our only annoyance was the persistent man from the spa who was constantly trying to sell to us. In the end we told him to go away in no uncertain terms but even then he pestered my daughter when we were not there. May be OK if you want to use the spa but we did not want to use the spa.

The entertainment team are very active all day long with pool games during the day and discos and games for the children every evening. Followed by the daily entertainment for the adults.

This a huge complex and if, like us, you are away from the pools then it is a fair walk to the sun beds. But it is worth it. I recommend this wonderful place to anybody and especially those with children. We hope to go back another time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Romsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

wow this hotel was amazing from the minute we entered the doors to the minute we left...

first of all let me say if you like to drink Nabil is the man to see !! he was brilliant and also book a SWIM UP ROOM YOU GET A 24 HOUR POOL and a private 'ish terrace area ..email hotel directly to ask for the sunny side ,
we went with friends and it was brilliant the 4 boys never got bored the flumes made sure of that.
the staff were amazing so helpful and couldn't do enough for you, we had a table for us every time we went to eat . food was bloody lovely freshly cooked and the ice cream in the restaurant was good too freshly made cones !! we always went back for seconds and thirds !!!!
the American and Asian restaurants were so nice the food was perfect recommend them both.
i'd say if your going to book here DO IT you wont be disappointed ......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Travelled with family (including 2.5yrd) 1 week (not enough) 11th May. This is my second visit, first time with all the family, I will try to list main points and hopefully assure anyone worried about booking this hotel that if my fussy lot - who make Victor Meldrew look easy going couldn't fault it then everyone else should be happy!
Entertainment;- TTD crew, Dizzy Danny, ChaCha Chelsea and Flipper and crew kept our little one amused,and worked there socks off. we didnt use kids club or creche but alot of people said they were great. To be honest if you are after top entertainment then stay in Uk and go to the theatre or whatever you like but this is holiday entertainment mainly for kids and was done to an excellent level. I loved the beds so much - they are huge and amazingly comfy that I was happy to go to bed as early as possible, again there was beach/rave/club style parties for party animals, lots of bars within walking distance or a cheap cab away if you wanted the classy Soho square.
Staff;- Sorry I am usless with names but we were swim up room 2109 and 1203 (suite) our cleaners were amazing and did lovely towel art and were in the corridor all day/evening if you needed them. Rooms are huge especially the suites which have 2 bedrooms/bathrooms &lounge and 2 balconys. Hairdryer shampoo/lotion/soap/earbuds and tea/coffee mini bar in each room.
Hussan? who is the waiter for swim up private sun area was the best guy ever - my son wanted to take him home with him!
Facilities;- Pools are amazing, water tested every day from all areas, you will not be bored just staying in the hotel and think the toddler pool was very good for the under 5's - lifeguards sat next to slides all day but can not be expected to have eyes in back of their heads and you need suitable flotation devices for your familys needs and never leave it to someone else to be responsible for your children near water. water was a bit cold in kids pool but when it is 40/50 outside cold water is a bonus! - I went in Sept last time and water has really heated up by then and not sure if it is a seasonal thing but the mossies were in full force, I had 4 jabs and ended up with my eye so swollen i could not open it - on positive side the 2yrd old had no bites and on site doctor was really convenient, never anyone in there(which is reassuring) and I heard of no sickness etc.
Food;- If you cant find anything to eat then there is somthing wrong with you! - go out and buy crappy Mcdonalds/KFC/BK - they are all next door, but fresh pasta/pizza everyday usual chips and A1 food - only grumble is the icecreams which are in homemade cones are so amazing but only done a couple of times a week (please,please every day) as the deserts are the usual look fantastic but taste all the same! cake things!
Trips;- Go to falcon opposite hotel (Johnny - really top guy) we swam with Dolphins and it was the best thing my son had every done. Would always book with Falcon and cant wait to return and do more. To be honest I didnt like the hassle you got outside and would far prefer just to book excursions get collected and enjoy new experiences without the hassle!
In a nutshell this is the best hotel for all ages - it is Egyption 4 star, but the service would give the Ritz a run for its money (well it would win hands down!)
My tip is September may be better for mossies than May? water a bit hotter.
Anyway there is only one really, really bad thing about this hotel and that is leaving!!!
sorry forgot the fantastic Spa/Gym, yes the guys are a bit of a pain but hey your on holiday - have a treatment, we had wonderful massage and cheaper than UK!

Room Tip: swim up rooms sunny side - well worth it!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We travelled to Coral Sea Aqua Club 2nd May-16th May. I travelled with my husband, 3 year old and a 5 month old.
We had an amazing two week stay the hotel staff were all amazing and happy to do anything for us. The food was fab and none of us experienced any sickness. Jamal in the restaurant was always so happy and pleasant. The pool bar guys were constantly around offering drinks, Nabil was hilarious and added entertainment value.
We booked through thomsons and have been very impressed. A special mention to Alex the rep who was always available, she even went out of her way to get some formula milk for my baby as we had run out, have never received such good service from a rep.
The kids club and crèche were fantastic. 'Popstar' loved spending time with Crazy Craig, Co Co, King Karl and Kit Kat. Also Sara and Leanne in the crèche took great care of my 5 month old and were always so friendly.
Flipper, Dizzy Dani and Cha Cha Chels (animation team) were also amazing entertaining around the pool and in the evenings kept hubby and 3 year old entertained. Kids disco was brilliant every night and the the appearance of TTD always made my daughters night!
A fantastic holiday would definitely return to the Coral Sea Aqua Club!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1202, lovely suite on the sunny side near to everything.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!