“Outstanding Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Durham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We have just returned from The Cleopatra Luxury Resort Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh yesterday, and I cannot praise it highly enough. On arrival we were offered a drink during check in, and then advised to go straight to The Market Restaurant as food service finished in ten minutes. We did not expect food due to our late arrival which was a pleasant surprise. The food and standard of service is excellent with an abundant choice of buffet styles, from Pasta to Salads and traditional Egyptian, if you fancy being adventurous. On return to reception the staff had upgraded us to room 1110 a Luxury Suit which to me is one of the best in the complex. Both Muhammad at Central Park Pool Bar and in Pilli Pilli Pub, deserve special mention for their attentive service and friendliness. The Entertainment team at the top pool always have something happening, but if you don’t want that kind of atmosphere it is quiet and relaxed at the infinity pool. The Beach Grill is a great place to chill out at lunch time and have a burger and beer or a coffee, while watching the ships go by on their way to the canal. We are in the food and drink industry and have travelled the USA, Caribbean and stay frequently in The Canaries so have an idea of standards in hotels. I was dubious of going to Egypt as I had heard differing reports, but now instead of Gran Canaria in November we are going back to Egypt and this fantastic hotel. One word of warning The Airport can be very slow to process and intimidating but a small price to pay for a really enjoyable vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main block have great sea views but can be noisy daytime with pool activity
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Bryan,
Warmest Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review regarding your stay. Your feedback is always important to us in order to improve our services.

It is great to know that you have chosen our resort for your holiday destination and that the associates of our resort have made your stay at pleasant one. The genuine care and comfort of our guest is always our highest mission.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed in the hotel from 21st June til 2nd July.. The holiday was really good. The hotel and grounds are very well kept our room was just as good. The service in the hotel was excellent the waiters were so attentive and helpful. The excursions were fantastic myself and my partner did the quad biking and star gazing an also snorkelling to Tiran Island I would recommend both to everybody! The food was okay,nothing special and quite bland we were there for 10days and towards the end we ate out.
The pool areas are amazing if you want a quiet pool use the infinity or if you want a livelier pool us the one by the hotel lobby. The animation team were all nice considering they had to keep all nationalities happy.
Only downside to the pool areas are that they need different tiles or more mats around them, they are extremely slippy and whilst sunbathing I've seen 2 people fall over one of them wasa lady from the animation team.
If your a lady and you want a massage from Nasser and his team go for an aromatherapy massage the other massages are quite rough. My boyfriend also had a shave and had his hair cut bit expensive but they did a great job

Whilst on holiday I ended up with a stomach bug, I ended up going on a drip having a injection and taking antibiotics. Once the course was over I was fine again thanks to the hotel doctor and assistant!! I don't know what caused the problem but I wasn't alone quite a few people majority of them being females had the same problem.I don't think it's the food if I'm honest because myself and my partner ate the same things and he was okay, but it was weird because I'm never normally poorly and for it too happen to a few other people is odd.

The guy at reception and my partner ended up having a bit of a dispute whilst checking out, he was trying to charge us for juices which we never had one of them being mango juice ( which my partners allergic to) to be honest we only had breakfast once and we both had coffee so I don't know how this has happened. He did offer to get the cheque for us but the transfer bus was waiting outside. So we ended up paying anyway.

Overall we had a really nice time, there's enough to do inside and outside of the resort, the only thing that puts me off about retuning is being scared that I'll be poorly again, but I will give the hotel one more chance, because the staff really do make it somewhere special.my partner proposed 2 nights before we left so Cleopatra will also have a place in my heart

Stayed June 2014
Dear Tanika,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

First let me thank you for visiting Cleopatra luxury Resort and thank you for sharing your comments and experience on TripAdvisor
We are glad to know that you enjoyed staff hospitality and Hotel , food facilities

Your comments are highly appreciated,and we apologize about juice issue .
about the stomach problem as you mentioned a agree with you 100% not from food because we work on high stander of hygiene and global company for safety and hygiene and we are in green level which mean save level , maybe this cold from outside sunny day to A/C.
looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

we will pass your nice comment to our team member , and we appreciate your advance for other guest :)

sutton in ashfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Cleopatra is a lovely resort in a great location.My wife & myself have just returned from a 10 day honeymoon & thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.As always the staff were excellent & couldnt do enough for you,Mohammed (in the pool bar) especially.The animation team were all great,Kelly,Shona,Carla,David & Faris.We enjoyed the food but i could see fussy eaters struggling a little,if you want pie,chips n gravy stay in the UK.The room was very spacious & spotless,ours overlooked the infinity pool with a sea view to boot.The evening entertainment programme was a little disappointing & could do with improving.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rustyram,
Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort - Sharm El Sheikh,

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Cleopatra Luxury Resort in your Honeymoon, I am pleased to read that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your constructive feed-back if most welcome as it will help us to maintain and to improve our standards.
For Animation Program we have daily different animation program starting from 10:00 am at pool till midnight , For Entertainment program we have Professional Guitarist playing Flamenco style and lovely pianist at lobby area" Romantic atmosphere"..
For Show we have daily from out side show at hotel located at theater area Oriental include to folklore show and belly dancer , African show fire show, Russian show...,,

We would hope to welcome you back to our resort in the near future, please contact us if ever we could of any assistance.
Please follow us on our page on Facebook Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection. :)

Sincerely and with kind regards
Chalfont Saint Peter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My partner and I stayed here from 5th June - 14th June. Its not as luxury as it looks, but that doesn't matter. It is still a great hotel, it needs a lot of working doing in the pool ( that's quite bad) tiles need replacing, cut my foot a few times. To be honest, it was irrelevant as the staff made up for it! Chipsy from the animation team was amazing, we went to Soho Square one night and he took us around videoing us, getting us discount in shops & free gifts from the shop owners, what an amazing experience. He even bought us a little gift in a gift shop as a thank you for making his job enjoyable, great guy! Kelly, Carla, Ecko, Fares, David & Shona were also amazing! The shows were very comical, and they loved getting the audience involved with their shows that they put on. They also took us out at night which was not what I expected, they sorted all the travelling and entry out, they are great at getting a party started! I didn't realise Egypt was quite the party place!

Nasser - the spa manager is the most irritating person here! hassles you constantly, I had a pedicure which was a waste of time. The spa is SO expensive! Don't recommend it at all!

The food isn't great, we got ill - but if you go to the pharmacy next door get tablets call 'Diaz' - sort you right out!

The hotel needs a little work, but other than that, it was such a great holiday , I am keeping in touch with all the animation team, and made so many friends with other guests. And will defiantly come back to this hotel very soon!!

Room Tip: Get room 1115 - right at the front near the wifi - only room you can get wifi in the room! and has g...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Elliekelly123Sunny Greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

Your comments are highly appreciated,and will be taken in our consideration.
looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed at the Cleopatra from 14/6 to 28/6. From beginning to end the stay was outstanding.
Checking in was smooth and quick with a refreshing drink served to you. We were taken to our room on a golf buggy and our bags quickly followed. We arrived late and fresh rolls, ham, cheese and fruit were waiting in our room. Very nice touch.

Reception staff were all very helpfull. A special thank you to Kelly on guest relations and Mahmoud on reception. Both went out of their way to ensure our stay was perfect.

Cleanliness was outstanding throughout the hotel. The gardens were just perfect. The cleaners and gardeners worked very hard.

Rooms were very spacious and clean with fresh linen and towels provided every day. The rooms were equiped with everything you need (safe, hair dryer, complimentary shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, shower cap, moisturiser, shoe shine, sewing kit, kettle, tea, coffee, creamer, water). There was also plenty of storage space and a large balcony. What more you could you ask for.

Animation team, Adriano, Carla, Faris, Ecko, Kelly, Shona, David, and Charlie were absolute stars. They were not too pushy and were all very friendly. If you need anything while you are their, just ask Carla as she seems to have a Mary poppings bag with everything you need in it. Faris has so much energy and never stops. Adriano was so thoughtfull, kind and friendly. They provided daytime and evening entertainment and worked very hard. Evening entertainment also consisted of professional shows that were great.

Food was great. Always something to eat and freshly cooked. The Market restaurant was a buffet restaurant with different themed nights every night. Was great. Breakfast was the best. There were 6 of us and the waiters would go out of their way to ensure we all sat together on every visit. Never too much trouble. The Italian restaurant was marvellous. You can book to go twice in a week and you are waited on with a 4 course meal. The beach grill is great at lunch time for pizza, fajita, fish and chips, pasta and salads. Can't go wrong and what a view out to sea wow. The pool bar served burgers and chips by Mahmoud. He was a star and a perfectionist. Although it was just burger and chips. You could watch him cook it fresh and it was always well presented.

There were 3 pools. The infinity pool, wow what a view. Main pool with pool bar was where the entertainment were and family pool round by the family suits. All were clean. Towel guys were always ready to put your towels out, move umbrellas where you want them and make sure you have everything you need. Sun loungers were very comfortable and in full working order.

Bars and bar staff. There were several bars to suit every need. Mohammed at the pool bar was so funny and friendly. Ahmed was a star. He would always make sure you had a drink at your sun bed. If you didn't order a drink he would brink you a water to ensure you stayed hydrated. Great guy. All waiters and bar staff were great and couldn't do enough for you.

All staff worked very hard and always had a smile on their face regardless to the long hours they worked. They were there when you got up and were still working when you went to bed at night but still had a smile and still willing to help.

Room Tip: We were in block 3. Very central to all areas. We had a garden view but could still see 2 pools and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
The Cleopatra L... M, General Manager at Cleopatra Luxury Resort, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Sheri,
Thank you for such a vivid description and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and most of all the hospitality of our Staff.
Recognition is very important to us and we hope to always be up to your expectations!
Your comments are highly appreciated, looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
we want to tell you that ,Italian restaurant include 05 main course not 04 and we have 04 pools including the kids pool not 03 pools...

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Went there for a holiday with a few of the girls, the hotel is more for couples but the animation team there were amazing and got us to have a good time with the nights out they organise like Hard Rock Cafe and Pataya beach. Sitting around the pool during the day there was always things to do if you don't want to just sunbathe. fares Carla David and Kelly were always coming round having a chat making us feel welcome. Holiday wouldn't of been the same without them! However some of the other staff weren't as helpful. We had a leak in our bathroom from the guests upstairs leaving the tap running, we told them at 8 in the morning they said they would sort it I then had to ask another three times until they finally did something about it at 6. reception desk staff were no help at all. The food is very repetitive and we got bored of it quite early on (McDonald's deliver for 20p) waiters were always so friendly and helpful as well as the bar staff, Mo especially! We had the nicest holiday and would 100% go back! We are missing Carla, fares and David from the animation team!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Charlotte ,

Regarding to your comment about the food we do our best and will do more to get guest with different nationality satisfactions we want to inform you that all inclusive start at 10:00 am till 02:00 am, we have 07 different themes night s served every day in the main restaurant at dinner time as the following:
01 Fish & sea food
02 Far east
03 Gala dinner
04 Mexican
05 Italian
06 International
07 Oriental

And every guest has 02 free invitations for our ala card restaurant (the Italian restaurant- which has 05different delicious Italian main course and fish restaurant with has also 05 different main course with fantastic atmosphere) per week.
A lunch was taken in main restaurant which has huge salad buffet, 02 kind of fresh soup changing every day and ten hot items including meat, chicken, sea food, section of bakery, fruits and delicious sweets,we have the healthy corner and also and kids have small buffet in the main restaurant there also lunch at beach grill which served hot fresh sandwiches with farm frites in addition to 05 favorite Italian pizza.
Snacks available in : active pool bar from 11:00 till 05:00pm
Family pool bar from 11:00 till 05:00pm
We will pass your nice comment to OUR ANIMATION TEAM :)
Follow us on our Facebook page Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection.
We hope to see you again soon in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,
Sunny greeting from Cleopatra Luxury Resort- Sharm El Sheikh.

Many thanks for your fantastic review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Cleopatra Luxury Resort- we much appreciate your time for posting your comments and sharing your experience here.

We do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort. we will pass your nice comment to our team member and ANIMATION TEAM .
Follow us on our Facebook page Cleopatra Luxury Resort Collection
Warmest regards,

Been to Cleopatra Luxury Resort? Share your experiences!