At the Rixos for 1 week in June 2014.
What makes it so special ?
Chilled face cloths handed out at the pools and the beach.
Sunglasses cleaned at the pools and the beach.
Free ice cream kiosk by the beach.
Very polite staff.
Lots of food choices.
Twice weekly open air beach discos.
So many pools, they could never be over crowded.
Huge rooms (we were in a deluxe). Half bottle of wine, Egyptian pudding pastries, large fruit bowl and a cake large enough for 6 we're waiting in the room for us !! Bed was huge and quite firm, but was very comfortable.
Buggies & drivers to ferry you around the complex.
Excellent guest relations. Just let them know your concerns. If you are unfortunate to get a gastric problem, plain food (soup,chicken,rice,yoghurt) will be delivered free, to your room, or be made available in the restaurant if you want to dine with your partner. Guest relations will call you regularly to give advice and see how you are feeling, if you are unwell. They really are supportive.
There are 2 cash points in the hotel and 2 food / gift shops. Similar shops opposite the hotel are slightly cheaper, but you will be approached by the shop owners. A polite but firm no thank you is all that is needed. There is also a bank less than 2 minutes walk away. Over the road and turn left. This also has a cashpoint.
The shops have the standard lookalike designer watches, leather goods and converse type trainers. Don't pay more than £25 max. for a watch and £7 for the converse. The first 3 or 4 shops opposite the hotel were the cheapest.
Hotel food. You are allowed 2 visits to each of the a la carte restaurants in a week. If you wish to have a 3rd visit, speak to the restaurant managers, they will try to accommodate you.
We used 4 restaurants. Italian, Indian, Chinese, Egyptian (listed in our favoured order).
There are 2 self service restaurants, at either end of the complex. The one below the main reception is a lot quieter than the one near to the beach.
Massages in the spa were excellent. Around £50 for a coconut scrub or mud treatment, followed by a full body massage.
This hotel cannot do enough for you. Try it !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay