Upon reading these positive reviews it prompted me to book here over Christmas for a week and what a disappointment it has been! How some reviews are stating this can be the best hotel in Sharm is shocking, I wonder if they are affiliated with the hotel in some way? No doubt Rixos is a great chain we have stayed at both Antalya and Belek but this Rixos in Sharm is a shadow of the others.
5 days before leaving I contacted Kelly to arrange transfers from the airport and specifically asked for a luxury car, it took three chaser emails and three days to get a reply I was eventually quoted and confirmed the booking, to my surprise I was picked up by an old Kia saloon and was not luxury by any stretch! When I queried this with the Taxi desk they advised that Kelly quoted me for the economy vehicle and that's what I paid for! I was not even quoted for what I requested!
On arrival we were not offered a drink and were sat to fill out forms and get our documents copied, we asked for Kelly who was not available we were eventually taken to our room which was not sea view contrary to our confirmation from Thomas Cook.
Our initial room was poor due to smelling towels and wardrobes so we immediately complained and again asked for Kelly however she was not available again (perhaps due to having lunch with other guests?) we ask for a callback which was not forthcoming so an hour later we called back and spoke to Oussama at reception who was helpful in getting our room changed however it was not sea view, that didn't bother us because the so called sea view wasn't really sea view either and at the time as we just wanted a clean room! In our 7 days we were not once introduced to or heard from Kelly!
I must also make a point that this hotel is directly in the path one of the runways of Sharm Airport which means you will regularly see and hear planes just a few hundred feet over your heads I thinks that's a huge setback especially if you going to relax and try and snooze on the beach!
The beds were the most uncomfortable i have come across, each morning I had to stretch to get rid of the aches, the mattresses are very old and they try to mitigate that by putting mattress toppers that really don't do the trick.
The food was average drinks and juices tasted watered down and not really at the standard one expects at a so called 5 star hotel.
The positives I would say are the lower level staff, they all are very helpful and you would always see smiles on their faces especially house keeping staff Ahmed Elmohsen and restaurant manager Khaled Ali. The gardens are also well kept and the spa is always clean.
I would say 95% was occupied by Russians and 5% all other nationalities its no wonder they are trying to drive more British tourists.
In conclusion I would never stay here again in-fact I have got my nephew to cancel his honeymoon here in March and loose the deposit as I believe this is and should be classed as a 4 star hotel, the furniture in the rooms are tired and lobbies are dull it's a long way from being a 5 star. If you can get this hotel at 4 star prices I.e. £50 a night for 2 adults then it's justified any more and you will be disappoint.
We have previously stayed at the Marriott Renaissance and the Hilton Fayrouz and would say both are miles better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 198 Superior Rooms, 290 Deluxe Rooms, 70 Family Rooms and 137 Junior Suites are spread around this beautifully designed modern resort. Several swimming pools wind there way between buildings or there is a gorgeous stretch of beach providing our guests with lots of options on where to spend their days. There are even 3 water slides to entertain the young and the young at heart. Try snorkeling from the wooden jetty or merely a stroll at sunset to see the magnificence of the underworld of the Red Sea. Dining choices include international buffet or choose from the World of Cuisines, with Chinese, Indian, Sushi, Italian, Sea Food or a taste of Egypt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Rixos Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Grand Azure Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay