The staff are extremely friendly and anxious to please. Any problems were rapidly fixed. We asked for extra clothes hangers and they were immediately delivered. I found a problem with the electric kettle, it was replaced with a brand-new one. The basin plug was difficult to operate, I reported it and it was replaced together with a new tap assembly.
The gardens are absolutely fantastic, the gardeners are always working to keep them immaculate. Lots of pergolas covered in flowers. Lovely bridges and streams.
The waiters are very pleasant and helpful. The food is very good, there is plenty of choice. The hotel is all inclusive, the bar was not abused. Plenty of drink variety. Spirit measures are not very large. Three gin and tonics did not have much effect!
The evening entertainment is not particularly good, the animation team try to whip up enthusiasm with "Mr. Oriental" and "Miss Oriental" shows. Most people sit in the lounge and chat. A mixture of nationalities British, Russians, Lithuanians,a few Egyptians.
We paid 120LE to use the hotel jacuzzi and also had a trip on a glass bottom boat.
The beach is extremely large, many sunbeds and umbrellas together with the hotel snack bar. There are pleasant walks along the beach. Watch out for the young kids driving quad bikes.
Unfortunately, on our third night there was a terrific thunderstorm with heavy rain, the worst in decades. The airport was knocked out with parts of the ceiling falling. A few hotel panels fell and water cascaded into the foyer and dining room. Some rooms had water ingress. There was no electricity for 15 hours. The staff worked very hard to bring the hotel back to its immaculate state. They had never seen anything like it before.
Our room was quite large with two comfortable double beds. A fridge to keep a plentiful supply of bottled water. Towels changed on a daily basis. A free electronic safe and a TV with two programmes in English (CNN and BBCworld). Nice patio with two chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oriental Resort offers a unique location facing Tiran island, where natural beauty is coupled with timeless architectural style. This elegant five star hotel is embraced by the spectacular desert land and seascape of the protected area Nabq Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Nabq Bay
- Oriental Hotel Nabq
- Oriental Resort Nabq
- Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh Egypt - Nabq Bay