“Second visit - massively improved!!! Family holiday was excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tirana Aqua Park Resort

You added Tirana Aqua Park Resort to your Saves list
Tirana Aqua Park Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Nabq Bay | Nabq, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Second visit - massively improved!!! Family holiday was excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here as a family of 4 between 27th May - 8th June in a 2 bedroomed family room which were absolutely huge. There was a massive king size bed, and in a separate part of the room there was two single beds which was great as we could close the door in between and still watch television while the kids were asleep. Would deffo recommend paying that bit more for this room type.

The cleaners were very nice and efficient, towels changed whenever we wanted, extra bottles of water in our room when we asked. They couldn't do enough for the kids always asking what kind of animal they wanted - nice touches!

The waterpark is amazing and really made the kids holidays, 8 year old and a 6 year old they both loved it and asked if they could come again next year before we'd even left. The waiters / bar staff and all the lifeguards are so friendly, we didn't even see our towel cards until the day we left as the lifeguard took them from us and reserved our sunbed everyday. We would walk out of breakfast and straight onto the loungers. This was one of the highlights of our holiday :) just shows where been polite and actually speaking, & showing an interest in the staff gets you.

The food well personally I thought was excellent but everyone has their own preferences, a lot of people moan on here but if you are a fussy eater then why would you go All Inclusive in the first place? Salad, fresh bread, pasta, pizza, chicken, beef, there was so much choice I don't see how anyone could complain. The omelettes at breakfast were gorgeous. Special gala themed nights with Egyptian dancing while you ate was also another highlight of the holiday.

All in all it was a fabulous holiday and so much so that me and my partner are returning ourselves in three weeks time as we loved Egypt that much :)

Room Tip: Go for the two bedroomed rooms for a family
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Guest_RelationsTAP, Guest Relations Supervisor at Tirana Aqua Park Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Reviewer

All of your kind comments have been shared with the management team and staff and everybody here is delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your holiday experience with us. It is through listening to guest comments and suggestions that we are able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality service that we strive to maintain

Your kind comments about the staff especially whom you highlighted in your review have been shared with the relevant departments to be used as examples of excellent customer service for all of the staff here at the hotel.

We appreciate your valuable comments and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future

Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just got back from 10 nights and without the children's lifeguard named Ahmed and a barman named shawky I would have given this rating as less !

Lets start with the good.. The room we had was huge but very dated and furniture falling apart in places. The children's area is fantastic as you have a whole view and can see the kids at all times. The lifeguard Ahmed made our holiday he was so interested in making my children happy and was very good at keeping everyone safe my oldest child actually cried when he said goodbye on our last day and nothing was too much trouble for this man. Hope the hotel appreciate what this man does and how he makes families feel safe and secure. The pool bar is too far to leave your kids to get a drink and to have to drag 3 kids from the poo ljust to get a drink is absurd but as there is no drink service in the pool area it was at times nessasary. We had the most wonderful barman called Shawky who was with us most of our holiday and again nothing was too much trouble for him and I can honestly say he was the most hard working person in the WHOLE hotel but for some reason they moved him to the other side of the hotel and replaced him with 2 other barman who didn't do as good a job between then. From that point it was awful service at the pool area.

Kids club if you call it that is really awful. A table with a dozen pencils is not really enough to entertain children for long. They do not have a single toy in there!! My children went once and never wanted to return. My oldest son was allowed to bring my 3 year old daughter out to me at the pool ! I hadn't signed her out and what if I wasn't at our usual spot ?? Crazy crazy stuff !! It's a real shame as a couple of hours out the sun and for us parents to have a break should be a pleasant experience. The young russian or polish girl with the orange tshirt was not very kind and this came across to my children.

The entertainment at night is a shambles there is Russian and Egyption guests who behave like animals and there is not one member of staff to supervise this. I actually complained to hannah at reception who said she would look in to this but it was enough to never return! While kids were dancing the floor flooded and only the poor barman was trying so hard to sweep it away! All this while the Russian and Egyptions was ripping the cushions from your hands !

The food is not good but we ate out after a very rude waiter called Hussain shouted at us and laughed in our faces when we told him he is rude. From then on we never drank any drinks they pored us as they watched us so closely we were certain they had done something to them. Bad I know !! The only decent member of the downstairs food staff was a man named Mamood he was professional and friendly.

No lifts in the whole hotel and stairs galore with a double buggy was hard at times. Not even a lift to reception. If you ring reception they rarely answer the phone anyway. Many more managers than working staff.

Needs a huge refurbishment and many broken tiles ect to slice open your feet.

If it wasn't for the lovely people we met and the great weather I would have been very upset but we just got on with it as us brits usually do.

Stayed in Egypt many times and this is by far the worst. If you haven't booked yet then don't.. go to the coral sea aqua park instead you will not be disappointed.

Hope I've helped and not sounded too miserable because like I say my children was happy and we did make the most of a bad situation.

Forgot to mention our cleaner Aman of our room 4111 he was professional and friendly and again me and the kids loved him.

Any questions you can email me dimeyjames@gmail.com and I'd be happy to answer any questions

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review about Tirana Aqua Park Resort. Please accept our sincere apologies that the hotel did not meet your expectations. All feedback received from our guests is extremely important to us and we take all comments seriously.

With regards to your comments concerning the kids club, a full investigation is taking place with hotel management and the animation team. Please accept our sincere apologies for the circumstances which you describe; the hotel management take these comments seriously and all necessary action will be taken.

I have forwarded your comments about the variety of the entertainment to our chief animator to look at ways we can provide a balance for all guests of the Hotel. They currently provide evening shows in the theatre 7 nights a week on a rolling program but are always open to guest suggestions and feedback.

As you highlight in your review the hotel does not have an elevator and as per tour operators information is highlighted as perhaps not being suitable for guests who are mobility limited with wheel chairs or push chairs. We would ask guests to take this into consideration at the point of booking. However wherever possible our reservations department aim to meet all guest requests (subject to availability) such as ground floor rooms or rooms close to reception and the main restaurant.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our valued guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide. Your comments are always of the greatest importance to all staff and management and we appreciate your valuable feedback. I hope this goes some way towards answering the points you raised in your review and we would very much hope to welcome you back at Tirana Aqua Park Resort again on a future holiday to see the improvements which have been implemented.

Middlesbrough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from the Tirana Aqua park a week ago after an amazing 2 week holiday here ... What can I say the staff make this hotel the special place that it is always friendly with big smiles on there faces and will do anything to make you happy...my daughter mileigh was very loved by all the staff every1 would always stop to give her my son and nephew a hi 5 and especially Sam who has his sand art stall what a credit to the hotel such a lovely man...main restaurant wasn't my type of food we eat in the Italian most times which always had something you could eat in...hoping to return at some point in future! Brilliant holiday

• Stayed June 2014
Dear reviewer

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the hotel facilities, food and service during their stay with us.

We are all extremely pleased that our hotel was able to give you a memorable holiday and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back again

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

After reading the reviews on here before arriving in Egypt, I was swaying towards it being bad. However the picture some negative people paint on here are very wrong. The hotel was lovely itself and they had syrup coke out of the machine which was so much better than bottles. The kiddie area with slides etc was fab. The food was yummy, Indian and Chinese being our favourite. If people are moaning on here about the food being repetitive I suggest they go spend their money elsewhere in Nabq Bay or Naama Bay. Needs to be understood that the hotel is catering for lots of people and they have tried their best with the different restaurants. Delia Smith is not cooking the dinner, all staff worked very hard. One thing i would complain about is the Russians being so rude and ignorant however they have changed things to avoid them stealing all the food (and cakes). They will take all the cakes before their meal and wrap it up to take into their room with them - greedy! Our room was very nice with a pool view literally a walk down to the stairs and the main pool was there. Loved doing La Bomba dance! I would say to visit Naama Bay to buy cheap converse etc or Nabq Bay. I suggest quad biking in the evening if you haven't done this before, and also snorkelling or diving. Diving was brilliant! I suggest using Pyramid Diving Centre who walk around the pool - Sam is who we booked with and it was brilliant and he was always checking up on us so wait for him to talk to you and book with him as it is cheap and a very worthwhile trip. Sam will look after you and try to put the same nationalities on the same boat. Don't book outside as they try rip you off, or with the Rep you have a meeting with the morning after you arrive! Other than that I honestly have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I believe the chefs and waiting staff should be given more credit as they work their bums off! Also know how to have a joke around with you and are so attentive. One thing i would suggest is another fryer for chips at the pool bar as it did take a while in the queue. Absolutely adored this hotel and I will definitely be returning ASAP! Very sad to be home :(

Room Tip: Try getting a pool view room - very worth it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at Tirana Aqua Park Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve and maintain the highest possible standards.

At Tirana Aqua park we believe that it is through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of all our valued guests that we are able to continually improve the services we provide. Your comments are always of the greatest importance to all staff and management and we appreciate your valuable feedback and hope to welcome you back to Tirana Aqua Park Resort in the future.

nottinghamshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Start with the good entertainment. Team ELISA Ruby do fab job entertain every body I couldn't foult them at all now the bad the food was ok after 3days of being rubbish did get better Chinese was really nice so was Indian there his a lot of work to be done on the complex dirty pool lots of broken tiles wardrobe broke I've been to much better hotels in eygpt don't go on trips with the Thomas cook guy kerreeem he's not Thomas cook he rips u off he did well and truly Some staff was very rude but some was very nice and tryed to help us we made the best of the holiday but wouldn't ever go back

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner had our first holiday away together, we picked this hotel due to being recommended by a freind.
We had an absolutely incredible time!
The hotel staff will bend over backward for you, the English entertainment team were always up for a laugh and would help you in any way possible.
The room we had was exceptional with easy access to everything. There was such a huge selection of food that could cater for anyone, and if that still isn't enough, if you asked they would pretty much make you anything (within reason)
Overall I could not reconnect this hotel any higher and will be visiting again next year along with others we met there! 5*

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

We are very pleased to know that overall your holiday with us was a memorable one and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed for 11 nights with my fiancé from the 10th June until the 21st. It was our second time to Egypt and first time in Sharm El Sheikh (previously stayed in Hurgarder).

SERVICE
Our impression of the hotel was quite poor from the start as when we arrived there was only around 3 other families yet they still struggled to efficiently check us in and failed to show us to our room - we were left with our keys to wonder mindlessly on the off chance of finding our room. Baring in mind it will have been around 10:30pm and we had been travelling all day all we wanted to do was drop our hand luggage in the room and grab some food. However we were asked to wait in our room for our luggage which took quite some time. The next day we went to reception to ask for our safe to be unlocked and for some water in our room. Again we were told to wait in our room. Where we have stayed previously we were never asked to wait around in the room for things, everything was done while we got on with enjoying our holiday so this was felt rather unnecessary. Maybe this wouldn't have been such a problem if the reception staff weren't so abrupt and unwilling to assist.

ROOM
Our room was alittle poor, particularly the bathroom - the towel rail was falling off and the grab rail in the shower had all cracked tiles around it and the sink was cracked and there was a nail hung out of the shower head. The sliding door to the balcony also didn't lock. Our tap in the bathroom wouldn't stop running and after 3days someone came to fix it however rather than actually fixing it they just turned off the cold water so the water was too hot to wash your hands. We couldn't be bothered to argue and turned the cold water back on under the sink and just put up with a running tap. Overall quite clean but could be cleaner and the beds were comfy.

Our main problem with the room was water to the shower. The first week pressure wasn't great but you could still shower and we accepted that it is what it is. Unfortunately this got worse towards the end of our holiday to the point that our shower stopped completely on a few occasions. We phoned reception the 1st time which to our disbelief they asked if we could shower outside around the pool... we obviously said no and over an hour later an engineer came to our room. He looked at the problem and said he'd be back in 10minutes - he never came back but 30minutes later water started running again. 2 days following we had the same problem. Staff at reception this time were very rude. We patiently waited 1 hour for the engineer and still had heard nothing. We then phoned reception and they hung up so my fiancé went across to the reception where they insisted the engineer was now in the room. He came back and asked me and nobody had been to the room. He tried to phone back and again no answer. He went and spoke to a manager who said he would go and speak to them. 30 minutes later the reception answered their phone and this time they claimed that the whole hotel had no water so we asked to speak to a manager again where it became apparent that the reception staff had been lying to us again. it took more that 2 hours in total for the engineer to come and within a few minutes the problem was fixed... Later that evening we spoke in person with a manager and he was very friendly yet didn't listen to a word we said. Our problem was with the reception staff and he was dismissive explaining how busy they are which isn't the point. It remains unknown how the hotel runs a water park yet cannot get water to there showers.

FOOD
Eating at the main buffet is an unpleasant experience due to all the Russians and Egyptians but that is to be expected. Luckily there are 5 alacarte restaurants which we booked almost every night. The indian, chinese and italian are really nice but english was odd and lebanese we didn't fancy. Some alacartes are still buffet style so you still may have to fight a Russian or two.

For breakfast and lunch europeans can eat at the italian - I think its the same buffet food as in the main buffet but much quieter and more enjoyable.

The lady at customer relations books all of your evening meals and was very helpful. Its best to book meals for the whole holiday on the first day to insure you get in.

The restaurants are quite basic looking (again not 4*) and there is only one bar on an evening (the lobby bar). This smells a little sicky and is not the place for a relaxing drink (our opinion may be bias as where we stayed last year had several bars with high end interiors and one was adults only so no screeming kids).

Also almost every drink I was given had someones old lipstick marks on which is just grim and there was always lumps of food left on the cutlery.

POOLS
There were 3 main pools plus the water park. One pool has music on all day where the animation team work and the other two are more quite if you prefer. The pool bar staff Ragab and Ahmed were fantastic. The only staff in the hotel which improved our stay. The only down side to the pools here are that there is no adult pool which would have been nice but that is only minor. The water park was really good!

MONEY
I would recommend you withdraw your money in Egypt (or just pay in GBP) as they have a much better exchange rate and there is an ATM in the reception.

LOCATION
The hotel isn't in the centre of Nabq Bay but we didn't find this a problem. From the hotel its a short taxi ride to la strada (or an hours walk) or namma bay. Both of these have the typical fake handbag and shoe shops and souvenir shops and also have fast food restaurants, Starbucks and Hardrock Cafe.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tirana Aqua Park Resort? Share your experiences!