“Brilliant,the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tirana Aqua Park Resort

You added Tirana Aqua Park Resort to your Saves list
Tirana Aqua Park Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Nabq Bay | Nabq, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant,the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not long been back from sharm.my wife and i and 6 year old absolutely loved it. The hotel and surrounding grounds were lush and clean and everybody so friendly.Room was lovely and cleaners very thorough,they made a different towel sculpure every day for my little girl who was on first name basis with most egyptians.Yousef in the bar by the slides is a great bloke,ask him for one of his tequila bombs,most of the guys are very friendly.I went to egypt knowing the food wasnt like home thats the whole point going there to try there cuisine and i loved it loved sea bass,there,s nothing wrong with the food plenty of different things to eat,omeletes were lovely.Dont understand people who complain, if you expected local high st food then shouldve of stayed at home. Massage was great , dont pay more than £20 (english), Already booking for easter next year cant wait absolutely loved it and lots of excursions for kids, especially adventure safari with camel ride, brilliant, book now you,ll love it. xx

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Durham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Travelled 24th April- 1st May 2013 and upon arrival we were really impressed, our room was a refurbished room (2208) where we had three proper beds, with a pair of slippers at the end of each one. As we arrived late we were taken into the restaurant straight away while a porter took all of our luggage up to the room.
The weather was perfect albeit very hot and as I got a touch of sunstroke I went to the shops on site to buy a cap. Very expensive in there, the shopkeeper wanted 150le (£15) so I declined politely and bought one down in Nabq Bay for £5 the day after.
Pools are all fantastic, plenty of sun loungers but we did find that quite a few of these were broken so we had to hunt for decent ones, the slides are briliant, I was like a child!!
I'm a very fussy eater but found plenty to eat, the only a la carte we didnt go to was the chinese, but the others were all good & the chips at the pool snack bar during the day are divine!!
All in all we had a fab holiday, everyone is so attentive but a special thanks must go to Mohammed Hamada who was always checking with us that everything was good, and also to Fami (sorry if I spelt that the wrong way) who worked at the main poor bar on an evening where we spent most of our nights, didn't even have to ask for drinks, he always made sure we had full glasses and even popcorn when the movies were shown on the outside cinema screen.
Missing you all already, be back soon!!
Michelle, Karyn & Brenda

Room Tip: Room 2208 is on second floor overlooking main pool
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I spent a nice holiday with my friends at Tirana Aqua Park.
The food is not so great, but you can easily accept it because the entertainment is awesome: I loved the location, the rooms, the pools and we enjoyed ourselves very much.
Very funny shows were performed by the animation team in the evening.
Special thanks to Mesho and Mina: they did really good job by making our holiday memorable! Great entertainment! Hope to be back soon! ;-)

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

firstly, from reading the reviews i had got a bit worried!
but there is no need to worry! the hotel was excellent!!!!

rooms - very cleans immaculate
pools - massive, a number of pools, including water park, fantastic!
spa - great treatment! but you can haggle for a better price!
food - food was good, but in every hotel in sharm, the food can be a bit funny, but it was still really nice!
animation team - very funny and friendly!
management - very helpful and understanding!
location - perfect location!

will be coming back next year!

Room Tip: every room is great depending on how many of you! they cater for everyone! pool view rooms are the b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
West midlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Where to start! On arrival first impressions were good the grounds where really clean and we booked a family room, we was in 4308 which was a two bed even though it was just my husband and I. Had a great view of the Aqua park and the room was nice and spacious... However very dusty and not very clean..Jenya in reception was brilliant overall polite and always willing to help.

Bit shocking that the Egyptians could speak fluent Russian and very little english. Russians were rude and still got better treatment from staff. Entertainment was boring not alot going on they had a pool party one evening with a Dj that no one even got involved in.

The food was shocking people may not agree but it was vile every day you would expect to see Sauted vegetables, white rice n potatoes n fish! Not even chips more like plain burnt crisps! Every day was near enough the same for lunch and dinner.The Italian was the best which you can only use once in ur stay per week! Just tip the waiter he will sort you out if you want to return! The food was the worst part of our stay we noticed alot of people ordering McDonalds to the hotel and after a couple of days of going to bed hungry we did the same thing a few times. At lunch we ate in the snack bar every day due to this. I have been to Egypt many times and never had any issues with the food. We can appriciate it will be different but it was tasteless and bland.

Pools were freezing but there is a slightly heated pool by the Indian restaurant. Husband got stuck on the red slide which requires a mat by the black hole slide and when trying to push himself down cut all his fingers including grazing his elbows pretty bad to! Wasn't happy.

Quite far from naama bay 20 min drive but soho square was good no hassle and the hotel done a complimenary trip there one evening. Hotel taxis a rip off there's a couple of guys outside hotel we used Sam for the two weeks we was there first we was apprehensive of him but he was brilliant 45 Egyptian to naama bay 30 to soho sq and 25 to Naqb bay!

I watched the cleaner once clean the room and he just flushed the toilet run the tap in the sink and washed the glass cups out we used with his bare hands and hot water nothing else!! Never used them again we got plastics from the bar! Also due to the food one evening
I was Sick quite bad. It sounds horrible I no but listen the sink was blocked I called reception to send some bleach or something to clean it up with - they sent a cleaner who unblocked the sink and i wanted to clean it myself as not fair on cleaner but they had no cleaning products not even bleach reception advised they did
Not have any In hotel and the cleaner took over and wiped it down with a TOWEL I was mortified to say the least I went out myself and bought some and cleaned the bathroom myself each day it may seem extreme but I didn't want to risk it! They need to spend less time polishing the floors of the hotel n more time cleaning the rooms.

I wouldn't personally ever go back to this hotel we fancied a change this year and couldnt complain for the price we paid £499 for hotel flights and transfers for 11 nights.

• Stayed April 2013
crewe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here in November and it was beautiful !!

The rooms were fantastic and the bath room was amazing so big, walk in shower was perfect. The cleaners were are fantastic every day very happy and well dressed very polite which is always nice.

The food was beautiful every day different selection all fresh clean and well presented. The restaurant are a must. In the day the option is also just as good and wonderful choice.

The water slide were my personal fav. In nov the water was a little chilly but that our fault for goin so late on in the year.

The hotel is 5 mins away from the airport which is great but the have the planes going over all day. Which if it won't bother you don't worry about it. I slept thought it anyway and it's not at night so don't panic.

The whole trip overall was fantastic and the little bus to the beach is also Cool. They do a coach to a nearby town I think is was call soho or hoho I can't remember but you should go it was lush!!

The best part on my stay was that on my partners birthday I asked her to marry me and she said yes!!

Will returning one day very soon !!!

Thanks

Room Tip: As you look at the hotel the room on the farthest left was beautiful
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Me and my wife have just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel and we have had a great holiday.

The food is really nice with lots of variety, with several of the dishes cooked in front of you and a few where you can ask them to make what you want (ie various pasta dishes).

During the day we were sat near the main pool bar, where Mohammed was in charge, is a very good bar man and if he gets a moment he will bring your drink to you, A class service.

The room was clean and tidy and the room boy (Ahmws Mamdour) was very good and helpful. We did have a few minor issues in our room (broken shower etc) but these were fixed very quickly after reporting the issues to cant compain.

We went to both Nama Bay and Nabq bay (la strada), we were not keen on Nama bay as it was really busy and there were lots of people trying to push you into the various shops, it has certainly gone downhill since 2006 (when I was last there). However Nabq bay was much nicer, it is still upcoming and was quieter but it was much nicer to browse the shops. Also at Nabq bay there us a new Hard Rock Cafe that is really nice, we decided to have a meal there on the last Saturday which was good food for good value.

The hotel is quite near the flight path for the airport, however it did not disturb us day or night.

All in all a good holiday and we will stongly consider going back next time we go to Egypt.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tirana Aqua Park Resort? Share your experiences!