We booked this holiday in january thomas cook were fab for a weeks holiday from 26th november 2012. After reading more and more of the reviews on here we actually went to cancel this holiday twice..we even thought we would rather loose the money we paid than be stuck in a pl;ace that bad for a week.
there was myself, my partner our 3yr old son and 60+ yr old mother in law and we simply loved it. We were absolutly dreading it and wernt excited in the slightest but please please dont believe all you read about this hotel. it was lovely.
MOST IMPORTANT TAKE ANTI MOZZI SPRAYS, PLUG INS THE LOT PEOPLE WERE GETTING BIT ALIVE AND THE KIDS WERE IN AGONY BUT YOU CANT BLAME THE HOTEL FOR THAT!!
ROOMS - we had a family room on the 2nd floor and it was ideal, big beds, clean and spacious, plenty of storage, tv fridge(restocked to the point couldnt drink the stuff fast enought would just put on sides if didnt have room) bathroom gorgeous tiled walking showers, hairdryers, soaps provided. there were a few i mean a few little bit eg: draws were lil stiff in cuboards but seriously there is nothing i would even mensions its only to put propective to what i have previously read.
POOL - we purposly booked this hotel as it stated heated pools. and boy were they heated the kids actuvity pool seemed to get warmer and warmer as the week went on it was literally like being in a bubble bath...and it is super save and wel thought out. our little boy slipped over being an excited 3yr old and before we knew it 2 life gurads were with him.just to point out the activity zone was not dangerious he literally lost his footing on the steps and the point to take from this is that we did not even realise there were lifegurads around it was extremly comforting and could actually relax with a 3yr old in the water.
the other pools are not heated heated..but the slides are fun, clean and safe. even when the water is cold when you get out you are to warm again.
Towwls are availble for you and recomemmend asking for a red flag at the same tim just tie it to your parasol and nobody bothers you (believe me you'l need one).
BEACH - is lovely stunning. a shuttle to the beach is fab for the kids as looks like a train and lit is just across the road. it has its own toilets, showers, snack bar towel hut, sunbeds, and parasols. the sea is clear and warm, there is coral but you are still able paddle to knee high perfect for kiddies. the jetty is there for crossing the coral and the snorkling there is fab if dived all over the world and thefish you see are amazing there is no need to pay for a trip. simply invest or bring your own snorkal and flippers though cheap enough to buy.
FOOD- okay this is were all so negective but really. the food is fresh, theres a kiddi section, pasta section soup salad, fruits and more. My son has had eating issues and only started eating solids 6months ago and he always had a plate full and always ate at every sitting and thats saying some thing.
There is a shortage of meat and cheese but ha thtas our luxery. All the dishes are cooked infront of you in the different stations and are constantly restocked. the food does get repetitve put its nice, hot and fresh so who can complain. the snack abr at lunch is basic burgers hot dogs g'bread and the only place you will find chips. the alacarte resturants are brill we went the chinese twice simply but refreshing, the italian was fab for the pizza and really broke up the week. there is also kfc, tgi, hard rock cafe, mcdonalds int he town 20mins away so no need to panic or get bored its nice to eat out even if all inclusive sometimes. We only went for a week and appriciate after 10days the food would being to get annoyinly repetitive but like i said long as there was something.
ENTERTAINMENT - we never went to any but from what we heard the kids magic show wasnt 100% thought out more adult really swords doen throat etc...entertaing and brill but not 100% for kids. the animation staff were lovely and really help you to join in.
VENTUREING OUT - naama bag is lovely but dont go there in the day as the shops simply dont open till mid afto. markets are fine but be prepared to be hasseld..and dont feel bad for simply walking away.
please please dont think this place is as bad as you think. the hotel, staff and reps are obviously aware of all the bad reviews and you can see them constantly trying to improve things..even the managment are in the dinning room asking questions to make sure they can solve any issues. o' and we never had any issues with cutlery!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Tirana Aqua Park Resort The family paradise at the famous holiday destination Sharm el Sheikh. The Resort consists of 8 pool areas with Aqua Park and wave pool, in addition to a private Beach 800 meters away the shuttle bus each 15 minutes, family rooms with a 4-star (local rating) standard and our animation team with activities for young & old, guaranteeing that everybody will find the perfect place for a relaxing and exciting vacation. Hotel Facilities The Resort offers a 24-hours front desk, multilingual staff, express check-in/out, Guest Service Center, bell captain, limousine service, luggage room, laundry & valet service, live entertainment, beauty salon/barber, gift/souvenir shops, jewelry, internet cafe and a 24-hour on call doctor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tirana Aqua Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Tirana Aqua Park Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sunrise Tirana Aquapark Hotel
- Tirana Aqua Park Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay