“wonderful lovely holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London, United Kingdom
“wonderful lovely holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

well what can I say just come back from a 14 day trip with my wife and 6 friends at the hotel sea gardens which was lovely and very quiet I actually ate 42 out of 42 meals and found something enjoyable every time the staff were great and couldn't do enough for you we just gave them the odd £1 coin to keep them interested every now and then and you never had to get off your sun bed as they brought every thing to you
The other two hotels on the complex were also amazing and you could use all there facilities and pools and beach bars also there was a 24 hour bar which served alcohol all the time if you needed it .
the animation team done a very good good job with the tools they had and kept us entertained throughout the day but it was a bit quiet at night in the hotel but they had all sorts of excursions going on round sharm if you wanted them well done to Julia becker
a must do excursion was doing the quads and watching the sunrise in the desert which was only £20 and lasted about 4 hours and will be doing it again when I go back in march .
so all in all if you want a relaxing holiday with lots of food and alcohol in lovely settings and wonderful weather don't hesitate to go to this place and don't believe everything you hear on here happy holidays colin

Room Tip: we had 6411 and it was a bottom floor with overlooking the pool and near the bar and restaraunt
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Gardens, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation in Sea Gardens and taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted to read that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay and made good use of all three hotels. It's pleasing you enjoyed all of the meals during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in March.

Mourad Iskander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Falmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Amazing holiday! We stayed in the sea gardens resort, our room overlooked the pool and was cleaned everyday. The room was huge with balcony and airconditioning. Our room attendant, Shebl was a star! very friendly and helpful. A good honest man. The complex was very clean and tidy. The pools were beautiful and the pool bars run very efficiently, easy access to loungers etc. the beach.....Amazing! coral reef and fish swimming around your feet and the water was very warm. We had a romantic meal on the beach ( I recommend this to everyone.) the staff were amazing and really pulled out all the stops so our night was beautiful.
The staff are a credit to the resort. Mustafa the lobby bar man was just great. Heba the lobby singer was so very friendly with an incredible voice. I must add the restaurant manager! made me feel like a princess everytime I walked into the restaurant. I cant fault the staff at all they were all brilliant. I also recommend days out. we didn't book through our tour operator but through jet safari's. we quad biked in the desert, rode camels, took in a show in the Bedouin tent and gazed at the stars. we rode horses in the desert and had a trip out on a speed boat to Tiran island. There was just so much to do, not just for couples but for the whole family.
The resort is made up of three hotels but you have the use of all restaurants and pools. There are some good shops onsite also.
We went not knowing what to expect with the political unrest. We saw nothing, we heard nothing, in fact, don't believe everything you see on the tv.
We loved this holiday so much, I would recommend to all my friends and I would go again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

We are delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and found the hotel met all of your needs. Your thanks and appreciation will be passed onto the members of staff mentioned.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We travelled here in August 2013, a family of four with a five year old and two year old. We had an amazing holiday and would definitely recommend visiting here. We chose the Sea Gardens resort as it was the smallest of the three on the complex and it was the right choice for us. From the moment of arrival to departure, the hotel worked tirelessly to provide for us.

We had the family room, rather than a suite, and it was great. Huge in size, it had a separate room with proper beds for the children. Housekeeping kept it immaculate every day and it was more than enough space and comfort for us, especially as we were only using it to sleep and shower essentially!

The pool at the Sea Gardens was by far the best for us - the baby pool was right by the shallow end of the big pool which meant we could keep an eye on both of our children at the same time! We actually got to relax on a sun lounger!! Speaking of which, there were plenty of loungers available every day and fresh towels provided on a daily basis also. You can use the pools at Sea Life and Sea Club, which are about 5mins walk (at a two year old's pace) away and they are both lovely as well but Sea Life's baby pool is all the other end from the shallow end of the big pool and Sea Club's pool didn't actually go shallow enough for my five year old to be able to stand up in it! As a result, we spent most of our time at our pool at Sea Gardens.

As for the food, this was my biggest worry before we went - I've never liked the idea of all inclusive but this was great. Plenty of choice every meal and a pasta station every night, which pleased my eldest no end! The restaurant had different theme nights every night as well, which was enjoyable. You can use the restaurants of the other two hotels as well but we were quite happy at ours. We had our complimentary visit to the Italian and Lebanese restaurants and had lovely meals at both, especially the Italian which is on the beach.

Speaking of the beach, this is about 10mins walk from the hotel but through lovely grounds, and whilst not a vast stretch of white sand (it's mainly reef, so beach shoes are a MUST), the water was glorious - warm, clear and teeming with fish. We often just sat in the shallows and had tropical fish swimming around us. Amazing! For more demanding snorkelling, you can walk out to the end of a jetty and swim in the deep sea - again, a wonderful experience.

A final tip for entertaining kids is to get the free shuttle bus down the road and pay to go to Sea Club Aqua Park - an excellent day for the kids. We were having so much fun we nearly missed the last bus back!!

Lastly, I have to mention the
staff who were, to a man, awesome. Everyone was friendly, eager to please and pretty much fell over themselves to talk to and entertain the children, especially the waiters in the restaurant - Said, Mohammed, Kamil and others. Also, my eldest unfortunately suffered a bout of gastro enteritis on our last day and the doctor at Sea Club was brilliant - put her straight on a drip with various medication to make sure we could get home that day. The hotel also let us have extra time after check out in our room because of being in the clinic and didn't charge us late check out either.

All in all, we would go back and I'd recommend this as a family destination. Thank you Sea Gardens for a fabulous family holiday that made plenty of memories.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation in Sea Gardens and taking the time to write such a positive review, it was a pleasure to read.

We are delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and found the All Inclusive Concept enjoyable. It's also pleasing to see you had an enjoyable stay at our Sea club Aquapark.

Your complimenting comments of our staff are greatly appreciated and makes all their hard work worthwhile.

redcar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We travelled as 2 families (4 adults, 13yr old, 10 yr old, 7yr old and two 3yr olds).
The hotel was lovely and clean and the room cleaned every day - we never got any towel art however so can't comment on that ! We were offered an upgrade to a family suite on arrival for £140 but these rooms were no bigger than ours and not thought worth the money for an extra tv !
Food had plenty of choice and the waiters Mohammed and said really looked after you and entertained the kids, not much choice of lunch time food though and watching the cook handling the raw burgers then cooked food with same gloves might explain the 'deli belly' experienced by my husband for most of our stay - don't go to hotel chemist for green tablets though they charge way more than local chemists !
As our stay was during all the recent Egypt troubles the complex was really quiet, this was great for sunbeds round the pool but had a knock-on effect for the rest of the facilities ... No kids club in hotel, little animation input !
The biggest let down of this hotel was the lack of entertainment .... Mini disco consisted of half hour international hokey cokey etc then there was little or no entertainment after that ! My 13yr old was bored and none too impressed with the saxophone player entertainment !
We tended to spend most of our holiday round the lobby bar and were looked after very well by Mahmoud - he was a credit to the hotel who always made sure we had a drink, a table and were comfortable our 2 boys in particular used to like following him round .... We were sad when he had to go home 5 days before we left and the lack of good service was sadly noted.
The beach is fantastic and the bar on the beach front was great - such a shame it shut at 6pm as the park would have kept the kids entertained !
Overall lovely hotel, with some fantastic staff but let down by the lack of entertainment.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay in Sea Gardens Resort.

It's pleasing to read you found plenty of food choice and good service in the main restaurant. It's with regret that the entertainment didn't meet your expectations. The animation shows take place in the Sea Club theater after the mini disco. We also have live singers and musicians rotating around the three lobby bars.

We will ensure the lobby bar service remains consistent throughout all the staff.

We Look forward to hopefully welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Byfleet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have just returned from two weeks at the Sea Gardens (25th Aug - 8th Sept). I stayed with my husband and 2 children aged 13 & 10. It was our first trip to Sharm. I have to say it is the best All Inclusive I have stayed in. The Sea Gardens is the smaller of the three hotels on site, but a little gem. You can use all the facilities and restaurants in the other hotels which is a nice change.

Room

Our room was very spacious, main bedroom with Flat Screen TV and kids bedroom with TV. The bathroom is a little tired, but the cleaners do a fab job with the whole room, fresh bedding everyday and towel art.. if there was ever a problem you only had to mention and it was sorted. Aircon worked very well.

Restaurant

The Sea Gardens Restaurant is a very chilled affair, the Manager Hossam was fantastic as my daughter has allergies to nuts and stone fruits , he would take her around the food every day and made sure she was eating, he knew us all by name. He is credit to the hotel. Also our waiters Said and Mohamad were brilliant, always on hand to get you a drink, ask how our day was and great with the kids, they were very popular with my son Brogan.
The range of food was very good, always something being cooked on the grill, pasta station, salads, puds, fruit, bread, soups.. I always found something to eat.. but it is not all burgers and chips, you can have this at the pool bar at lunch time.

Pool

We stayed at the Sea Garden Pool which is great Mahmoud was on hand to bring us drinks, Julia from animation always came around and had a chat, I joined in the Aqua Gym and my husband played water Volley ball, but no pressure. Kids Loved it. If you want slides you have to get the free shuttle bus two mins up road to the Aqua Park, but you do have to pay, think £15 each adult and kids Free. We didn't go as thought a bit of a cheek to have to pay as same group of hotels and the guest from Aqua Park come and use the beach at Sea life for free. Eslam (Adam) the life guard/towel guy was great very funny and always helpful. You get fresh beach towels every day.
You do get people trying to sell you trips etc.. but just a no thank you and they will leave you alone. We actually got to know some of them very well, they are always happy to have a chat. Kareem the beauty guy is great, my daughter and I had our nails done they were fab. He will do you a good deal.

Beach

The beach is a short walk through Sea Life snorkeling is amazing. You don't have to go off the jetty, we stood in water just above our ankles and saw the most beautiful fish. beach shoes are advised but you can walk on the coral without them and you can snorkel shallow tow. If you are brave enough you have to go off the Jetty I can't even beginning to describe the fish you see, it blew my mind every time i got in the water. The beach is not the prettiest I have been on but the sunbeds are comfortable the view out onto the ocean is amazing, there is a beach bar for drinks and can use the beach restaurant for buffet lunch if you don't want to walk to seaclub or sealife restaurants.

Al La Cartes

Beach Restaurant was nice for a change but not great, very dark could not see what eating, I would suggest having chicken and not fish.

Japanese was great to watch the chef cooking our food very skilled but put too much soya sauce on the food which was a shame.

Lebanese this was our favourite very traditional food, BBQ meats, Houmous, Breads. Very nice.

They are all worth a go as get one free visit to each.

Bars

Drinks are wonderful, cocktails are good , they are not watered down, got quiet merry!!. You can get bottles of water all day from the bars which is fab. Kids cocktails went down very well with our kids, Cinderella and Cleopatra were their faves.

Tips

We did tip a few staff here and their in the beginning and also tipped the staff that gave us exceptional service. They take every currency, It may be worth taking some USD. They don't mind GBP but cant change up coins, only notes. The exchange rate at hotel bank was better that UK for Egyptian Pounds

Tummy Bug

My daughter and Husband came down for one day with the bug, don't know what caused it as ate exactly the same food. Just think a combination of heat, drink, food and air con. If you go to reception they will get you some Antinal from local Pharmacy which is about £3.00 for two bottles. The hotel Pharmacy want to charge about £30 for one bottle.
The restaurant staff again were brilliant giving us special teas to help them and could take out food back to room.

Shopping

We went to Namma Bay, Never again, it was not pleasant, get really hassled, they try and rip you off have to be very strong when haggling. We were told Soho Square if the place to go they don't hassle you at all and I am sure still room for some bargaining.

Trips

We went on a boat trip, we use Jasmine Tours. Cost us £15 per person. He picked us up from hotel, we went on boast three different snorkeling spots and had lunch and dropped us back. He is much cheaper than the hotel guys, he also does quad biking tours. We had a great day onboard . You can book online before you go at www.Jasminetourssharm.com or call him when there on +201225974123.

I have to say that when we stayed there were no flights from Russia or Germany so it was quiet, but I spoke to several people who holiday a lot at Sea Gardens and they say that the service is even better when busier.
The staff and this hotel are special they really make the holiday they work so hard always with a smile on their faces. We hope to return next year.

Thank you Sea Gardens.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Gardens, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

We are delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and found the All Inclusive to be one of the best you've experienced. Your thanks and appreciation will be passed onto the members of staff mentioned.

We are grateful for any comments and suggestions we receive and they will be discussed between the management as we look to continuously improve our services to ensure guests have a fantastic stay.

Accrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Firstly don't wish to make this show as a negative review, the problem is stayed in a luxury hotel last year and feel that I was comparing which I shouldn't have really.

Stayed with my husband and twins aged 4, all the staff are so friendly and will do a lot for you if you need anything.

The rooms clean but the whole of sea gardens is a tad dated compared to the Sea club. I booked a suite but believe that the family rooms were the same so no need to pay extra.

With the trouble in Cairo the hotel was low occupancy which was good in one aspect not a lot of Russians and German guests which can be off putting sometimes as they can be very rude,

I am a fussy eater and didn't feel a lot of choice was offered even though they had different themes each night, and wasn't a lot of choice for the kids so ended up having pasta every night.

Mainly went in the lobby bar at night in the Sea Club as it was more comfortable. Having the use of Life and Club was good but some restaurants closed due to the low occupancy and also the kids club was only running in the Sea Club which was a 10 min walk with two little ones so didn't bother.

If I returned I would probably book a taxi as it was a long wait for the transfer to the hotel, and the hotel was only a short distance away.

The animation team was very friendly and the kids loved the Children's show each night even though it was repetitive, big thanks to Nadia and Julie ( I think) Sea gardens, the kids loved you and are still dancing to the kids songs.

Didn't go on any trips or visits out as with 2 young children I am constantly having to watch the children and would be very worried walking round markets and shops.

Overall a good hotel for the money and you get what you pay for.

Note for the hotel - Free WIFI would be a big plus for the hotel and also maybe one allowable trip to the Sea club Aqua park would also be a plus.

Thanks and the reason I return to Egypt ......guaranteed weather.

Room Tip: 6407 ground floor, quiet and with a pool view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Firstly your comments regarding the friendly staff are appreciated and we are glad your children enjoyed their time with the animation team during the stay. There is a Kids corner buffet available in Sea Club and Sea Life main restaurants.

The Family rooms are smaller than the Suites as the second bedroom consists of two beds as oppose to the 2 Sofa Beds, TV, Coffee Table and Armchair which are available in the Suites providing more space.

Your comments about the WiFi and Aquapark have been noted and will be considered as we are continuously looking for ways to improve our services to ensure guests have a pleasant stay.

Should you decide to return, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Heswall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We (hubby, kids 17 and 10 and myself) have recently returned from a 12 night stay at this lovely hotel. Have been to Egypt before and stayed all-inclusive but this hotel was much nicer than any I've stayed in previously.

The hotel (the smaller one of 3 in the complex) is so well maintained. Beautiful gardens. Clean pool area. Lovely cool spacious rooms (even the bed was really comfy)! We stayed in room 5503 overlooking the pool/gardens but away from bar area so really quiet at night. But the real plus point for this hotel is the staff - they are an absolute credit to the hotel - hardworking and very friendly. Even the guys selling trips/massage etc round the pool were friendly - they did leave you alone after a few days if you politely said no!

Food in all the restaurants was really good - we generally stayed in the Sea Garden restaurant because we liked the feel of it, but we also tried Sea Club and Sea Life when we fancied a change which were also great. All restaurants change their menus each night so if you don't fancy what's on in one you can pop along to one of the others. We booked the A-La-Carte restaurants on arrival - Lebanese was nice but much preferred the Japanese restaurant which was fantastic - a meal with entertainment! Again, the service from the staff was excellent. Entertainment was a bit hit and miss but we tended to stay around the lobby bar in Sea Gardens trying out the different cocktails. Sea Club also has a lovely bar around a lake/pool area. There are a few shops around the hotels - we bought some lovely canvas pictures from the Sea Club - was fascinating sitting with a glass of vino watching the guy painting!

I could go on for ever but I'd only be repeating what everyone else has said. Overall, really lovely hotel and would recommend it to anyone!

PS One last thing - we booked a private speedboat trip from one of the Scuba centre guys who come round the pool - snorkelling at Tiran Island late afternoon and come back at sunset. Kids got to drive the speedboat and we saw lots of dolphin swimming next to the boat - really lovely and memorable trip

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

We are delighted to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and made good use of the three hotels within the resort. Very pleasing to see you experienced high levels of service throughout the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts for another enjoyable stay in the future.

Mourad Iskander

Been to Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!