“Great holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 hotels in Nabq Bay
Watford, United Kingdom
“Great holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had a lovely two weeks with 3 kids, aged 13, 12 and 5. Our 4th visit to Sharm and this is by far the best hotel we have stayed at. Staff were friendly and great with the kids. Beach is not that great, but plenty of pools to make up for it. Visiting the waterpark is a definite must! Am going back next year April!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Gardens, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us in Sea Gardens and writing a positive review.

We are delighted to hear you and your family had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your visit to our Aquapark hotel.

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Camberley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at Sea Gardens 3rd - 17th Aug 2013. It was extremely relaxing, a beautiful place with vey friendly people. The hotel is comfortable, the rooms were very large, quiet and well air conditioned. The bathroom could do with updating, lighting (especially in shower area) was poor, but this did not affect our stay at all.
The pool is fantastic, we did not want a water park type hotel and as this hotel is the smallest of the 3 hotels in the complex we found it reasonably quiet and relaxing, our children loved it (aged, 11, 8 & 7)
The food choices were great, you can eat in the other 2 hotels too, and the 3 al a carte restaurants are great, especially the Teppenyaki restaurant! We had a brilliant evening there.
Although the hotel is very close to the airport (we were in the bar having our first all inclusive beer within 45 minutes of landing) the planes don't fly over the hotel, so we didn't feel close to the airport.
Max at the Papyrus shop inside the lobby of Sea Life hotel was lovely, he gave us an amazing Egyptian history lesson, the kids loved him and we spent 2 hours in the shop chatting with him. We did leave with some beautiful pictures too, not at all expensive and a great reminder of our time in Egypt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us in Sea Gardens and for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay in our resort.

It's pleasing to read you found a good food choice suitable for all the family and enjoyed the A La Carte Restaurants.

Your comments regarding the bathroom lighting have been noted and will be acted upon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at sea gardens on the 21st July for 11 nights. After a flight with easy jet and a very swift airport experience we were sat in the lobby bar approx 40 mins after landing!
Check in was quick and we upgraded our room to a pool view suite. Room was large but very dated. Our boys had sofa beds in one room with a tv, so there really wasn't anywhere to sit as these are permanently made up. We had a lovely (super king sized) bed in a very large room.
The bathroom is what lets the rooms down. The shower is very dark and dingy and more often than not cold!! Took our breath away most nights!!
There is a free safe for use, which is recommended. Tea and coffee facilities, which we didn't use, and water in a mini bar.
We found that we got towel art only when we tipped the cleaner!
The air con was fab. Really couldn't do without it in 35 degree heat in the middle of the night!
Our room was 6504 and had a great pool view. A new flat screen tv was installed whilst we were there. It was a bit wonky, but a good picture!!!
The pool and grounds were fabulous. Across all 3 hotels, the gardens were a pleasure to walk through. Lots of rock formations, ponds etc etc. We tended to stay by the Sea Gardens pool as our sons had made friends around there. But we did use the Sea Club one once and spent the morning at the beach once too.
Staff around the Sea Gardens were the best! We noticed the difference after visiting Sea Life and Sea Club resturants.
We dined in all 3 buffet resturants and all 3 a la carte. We loved the Japanese a la carte.Our son said the food was the best! The lebanese was nice too, but the one on the beach was rubbish really!
We enjoyed some of the food in the buffet resturants. It was a bit 'hit or miss' for our boys though. They really struggled some nights, and they don't live on chips like others do!!! I loved the Egyptian night. It was such a shame to see such lovely food not tried by other holidaymakers, as this night was very quiet! I had seconds!!! Lol
The drinks were fine too. NOT watered down spirits like some are saying. I had gin&tonics every night and knew that if I had more than 4 I would be hung over the next day!!! And I drink gin most nights at home!!! My husband said the beer was nice too.
The entertainment at night was truely awful. They might as well had not bothered really. This was the same at all the hotels! The amphitheatre entertainment at Sea Club had to been seen to be believed!!!
It was our first time in Egypt and didn't know what to expect. The reps around the pools selling trips were a pain but when we told them we had only just arrived and wanted to relax for a few days, they did leave us alone. BUT after a few days they were back!!! Lol
We ended up doing the sunset quad biking, which we loved! £60 for 2adults 2children. I had a pedicure and my husband had his haircut in the Sea Life salon! And we booked 4 water sports with zizo. My boys parasailed, we all had a banana ride, 2 go's on a large inflatable and a speed boat trip. We absolutely loved it all and we went to the beach at sharks bay to do it, which had fab snorkelling.
In Nabq (approx £11 return in a taxi with a very funny driver. Booked through reception) there is: McDonald's, KFC, burger king, tgi Fridays, hard rock cafe and a couple of English pubs. We went there twice and ate at Hard Rock on our last night. For 4 main meals and drinks it came to £380Egyptian.
Be prepared to be hassled by shopkeepers though!
I enjoyed my stay in sharm and didn't get ill once! My husband was ill though! We couldn't work out why though as I ate salads, had ice in drinks and tried different foods. He didn't!!! He was still abit ill once we got home. On and off for about 5 days! It's put him off ever returning........which I'm gutted about as I would love to go back, to a different hotel though! We like to try different hotels. If this one upgraded its rooms, and I mean a total refit of bathrooms and furniture, it would earn its 4 star rating. At the moment it is 5 star grounds and staff with 3 star accommodation! Which is a real shame.
To finish I have 2 negative points!
1: having to pay £15 each to use a hotel in the same group just because it has a waterpark is disgusting! They push this on you on check in and around the pool everyday! We had friends stay there earlier in the season and it didn't cost THEM to come to use our 3 hotels!!!! If the price was £5 I'm sure more people would use it!
2: for a 4/5 star hotel they really should have a facility for families to shower and get changed when they have later flights. We had to pay €21 to keep our room on till 5 o'clock. We only got this rate because our air con broke one night! And we know families that got it for FREE!!!
One final tip that no one told us is take $, € and £'s. They work in all these currency's BEFORE their own!!!
Enjoy............!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us in Sea Gardens. It's pleasing to see you found friendly staff throughout the Sea Gardens are enjoyed the opportunity to use all three hotels within the resort. The Aquapark is for extra charge, i would however like to point out the guests of the Aquapark are only permitted to use the Beach and Beach Bar of Sea Life, they are not able to use any of the other facilities within the three hotels.

The Kids Corner is available in the main restaurants of Sea club and Sea Life, your positive comments regarding the food in the Japanese and Lebanese, particularly on Egyptian night are appreciated.

All of the comments we receive are noted and acted upon, enabling us to make improvements to ensure guests have an enjoyable stay.

Should you decide to return we look forward to welcoming you all back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband Colin and I visited the Sea garden resort on the 25th of July , my two sons are aged 7 and 12. This was our first visit to Egypt and I will admit having travelled to many wonderful places I was not sure what to expect. I chose the hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and I am so glad I did. From the minute we arrived at the hotel we were treated like royalty!. Hany at the reception was excellent ,very welcoming. He ushered us in to dinner before the restaurant closed while our bags were delivered to our room.Throughout our stay Hany and the rest of the reception staff could not have done anymore for us, their service was excellent. My room was very large and clean with two aircon units. Ibrahim did an excellent job of cleaning our room and the large super comfy bed was to die for.Yes the bathroom was a little tired but who goes on holiday to inspect the quality of tile grouting anyway!!. The food in the resturant was excellent. It was fresh, well cooked, very well presented and had something for everyone. Mohammed the resturant manager does an excellent job of organising and overseeing everything in the resturant. Said our wonderful waiter made us feel very special and looked after us very well at every meal. Thankyou very much Said .My kids loved the pool and being a lover of the sea I definitely came to the right place.Snorkling off the pier was a truly wonderful experience.Okay the beach is not the Caribbean but the sea was well worth it. Ronny at Sea life beach bar was excellent and Ahmed at Sea life beach laid out my beach towels for me everyday, I told you we were treated like royalty.I am so glad I gave Edypt a chance and I would highly recommend the Sea gerden resort.The staff really do make this hotel special and we will definitely see you all soon. Thank you all so much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Gardens, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us in Sea Gardens. We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your first ever Egyptian experience in our resort.

Your glowing comments regarding some staff members will be passed onto the department managers to express your thanks and appreciation. It's particularly pleasing to hear you enjoyed the restaurant and found a good variety of food available.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the Sea Gardens from 8th August to 27th August. I have to say I don't normally write reviews but I had such a fantastic time at Sea Gardens.
This is the smallest of 3 hotels, others being Sea Life and Sea Club, so which ever block of rooms you stayed in where never far away from the reception, restaurant, bars, or pool. We stayed in two rooms on the ground floor in block 7. We were given a free upgrade on both rooms to suits even though we only booked family rooms with a garden view! The suit was comfortable, clean and very spacious, a door separating 2 rooms, both having individual air con, which worked very well especially in heat outside of over 40 degrees, the rooms also had their own TV's so the kids could watch cartoons when we were getting ready. Our room cleaner was Ibreheim, sorry if I have spelt that wrong, our room was cleaned well every day, we had some lovely towel art, and he always took time to say hello and talk to us. Bottled water is put in your room on arrival in the mini bar and a kettle.Their is a safe in the room which is free of charge. We did not experience any outside noise and the queen size bed was so comfortable.
The pool was a delight, although the pool did get busy in the morning, we managed to get sun beds and the hotel supply towels cards to exchange for clean towels daily, so you don't need to take your own towels. We found the pool areas very clean and waiters were always coming round taking drinks orders. The children found the waterfalls in the pool very refreshing. Could we pass our thanks to the 2 Mohamed's at the pool.
At the main restaurant, their was a good variety of hot and cold dishes, the food was cooked cooked and presented well. We never went hungry! A special mention to the waiter Mohamed, he was so kind, helpful, and entertaining. We enjoyed our experience at the main restaurant so much, as did other guests, that we didn't try the other restaurants at Sea Life or Sea Club.
Their was a good variety of drinks, the children liked the non alcoholic cocktails, their was latte coffee included, and most took advantage of the bottled water, always available, and a most in the heat.
The reception staff are always on hand to help with problems and are happy to chat and give advice.
We loved the walk up to Sea Club every evening, you can use all Sea Club and Sea Life restaurants, bars and facilities, we had our coffee their, and it was nice to look in the shops, including a pharmacy and money exchange, and you didn't get hassled too much, and you can haggle with price to get a bargain.
We walked through the Sea Life to go to the beach and what a pleasant walk it was through the grounds. Their was always plenty of sun beds on the beach and their was a beach bar and showers. Their were lots of different fish to see, but you do need wet shoes.
The animation team came round the pool to see us every day, no just to tell us what's happening that day.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us in Sea Gardens.

We are delighted to read that your family enjoyed their stay with us and made good use of all three hotels whilst here. It was a pleasure to read such a detailed and positive review.

Your thanks and appreciation will be passed onto those staff members and departments mentioned within the review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a great stay at Sea Gardens from 20th July to 4th August. All the staff were really helpful and cheerful especially Said in the restaurant who was a great hit with our 3 girls. Nadine the Swiss sports entertainer was lovely and friendly and gave us lots of info helping us when our 5 year old had ear problems. All in all it was a fab holiday which we would definitely recommend to others...great value, hotel, food, staff and of course beautiful hot weather. Perfect!

• Stayed July 2013
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Gardens, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us in Sea Gardens.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a pleasant stay.

Your thanks and appreciation will be passed onto those staff members mentioned within the review. We hope that your 5 year old is now feeling much better.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

notts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at Sea Gardens from 28th july until the 11th August 2013 and I have to say we had a lovely time so I don't understand the review that say's don't go. The rooms are big and spacious and spotless with great air con that is much needed. OK it's not the Ritz but then you are paying a good price and how long do you want to spend in your room. The pool is a good size with lots of beds and you don't have to get up at a silly time to get one. You can change your towels every evening and on top of that they come round asking if you want drinks all the time so you don't even have to get off your sunbeds.
Sea Gardens is one of 3 hotels and you can use all the pools, restaurants beach bars at any time and the gardens are kept to a very high standards and the gardeners work hard all the time making walking to the beach a treat even in the heat which was over 40 every day.
The sea is so warm and you only have to paddle to see the fish but if you want more then go snorkelling and there are lots of beds on the beach so you can always find some where to go.
There are a few sales people around but we were never nasty to any one just a very polite no thank you is all it took but I did have my nails done which were really nice and a good price just have a laugh with them and they will give you a good fair price. We also did a trip on the quad bikes good fun what ever your age.
The service in the main restaurant was excellent thanks to the manager and the staff one called Said was brill but all did a good job. There's plenty of food ,that you can choose something different every day. The restaurant has 10 different theme nights, For the people moaning about omelette and fried eggs everyday, what do you expect for breakfast? fine cuisine?. They forget to mention, or chose not to he boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, pancakes, toast, different meats and cheeses, cereals etc etc there was always something different for breakfast but your in a Muslim country so don't expect bacon or pork sausage.
You're in a very hot climate so expect flies and mozzies but there wasn't an overwhelming amount like others have said.
Yes the entertainment wasn't very good, but how much hotel entertainment is these days. For the people that moan about the entertainment and say they were back in the room by 10, why not chat to some of the other guests, you might find you have a laugh!!!
Oh and I forgot to mention, the bar is open 24hrs so non of the last minute rush for drinks
Over all myself, husband and son had a great time in a lovely clean hotel with good staff :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us in Sea Gardens.

It was a pleasure to read such an honest, detailed and fair review regarding the hotel facilities and services. Pleasing to see you found good services and food variety available on the buffet.

Any feedback we receive enables us to make the necessary improvements to ensure guests have a pleasant stay, the evening entertainment will be reviewed across the three hotels to ensure there is something available for everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

Mourad Iskander

Been to Sea Gardens? Share your experiences!