“Honest review from travel journalist” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa

You added Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   7th Km North Sharm Airport, Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London
“Honest review from travel journalist”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Having failed to get into the Cleopatra Luxury, I chose the closest five star hotel to it, the Rehana Royal Beach. I had heard plenty of horror stories about Sharm el Sheik but if you want guaranteed hot weather and a holiday to just relax and do nothing this is a great choice. First impressions of Sharm were not great, long queues at the airport followed by being ripped off by a taxi driver outside (tip: if you have no idea how much it should cost to your hotel or mention a 5 star reset they will try it in, I ended up saying £40 for a 5 min taxi fare that should have cost £10 max- at least the mistake was learnt first off). The drive from the airport shows Sharm as a purpose built resort along a main road, if you're looking for paradise this wont be it. Pleasantly surprised in reaching the hotel, nice entrance and big grand lobby as you'd expect fom a 5 star. I read lts of reviews before travelling saying the 5 star status wasn't justified, I think people expect too much, comparing it to the Riz or Four Seasons is silly, you are in Egypt, if you want luxury go to the Four Seasons. The Rehana Royal had all the facilities and service of a good 4 star resort. Welcome drinks on arrival a nice touch if the allocation of a room did take a while. If you have a preference of where you'd like to be in the resort ( a map is given) don't be afraid to ask, the staff are very hospitable. I asked for a large double not twin away fom the noise of the amphitheatre and children's pool and was given just that, one of the best rooms in the resort I discovered. Our room ( we are a mid twenties couple looking for a relaxing break) was down the bottom of the resort in a quiet area with a pool shared with a few other apartments, secluded enough to be blue to relax but close enough to all amenities such as the of court. The room was surprisingly very large, a nice surprise with a large king size bed, wardrobes, flat screen tv and terrace leading out the pool area. I'd definitely recommend a ground floor room, so nice to be able to sunbathe outside and pop in when needed. The room was very clean and was kept so throughout the holiday. The bathroom was old, although a good size and the shower was rusty and the door broken however we didn't feel the need to complain, we had expected something along those lines and overall were happy with the room. A great touch was the tea & coffee making facilities and two complimentary large bottles of water a day, all very much needed. Remember to brush your teeth in bottled water. No English channels other than fox movies and Bbc world news but we managed to spend a few nights watching good movies so can't complain.
The resort is very big and has a lot of steps, the good thing being us there is enough room for everyone and always a sun lounger (people did reserve loungers). The main pool area is very noisy with activities all day, we didn't use the beach although I would only pick a resort with a beach as it was very crowded and simply too hot for that! The jetty was always busy and closed at night which was a shame, you could snorkel off the edge of it and look at the amazing coral and fish. There are numerous swimming pools, all shallow and yes a little old and dirty despite being cleaned religiously throughout the day. There is building work going on at the hotel, nothing major but it was distracting at times, something I wish I'd been told on booking. There are two all inclusive options; standard and ultra for an extra £50. To be honest I'm not ure ultra is worth it unless you are big drinkers and want your 24 beverages although you do get a free spa treatment and free shuttle bus. We were standard which was fine for us ( we don't drink). It is a shame the wifi ( I don't recommend signal is bad) and the shuttle bus weren't included as was advertised. The hurtle bus runs to the old market and neema bay for around £3 each way. It does take a long time however! We did this once and got taxis other times we ventured out as you can get them for £5 ( although their driving is scary! ) the food court in the hotel was all in one building with a la carte restaurants ( worth booking as food good although you are rushed). There is a large canteen area for tg main buffet kept very clean and the staff are so helpful. The food was as you'd expect in an Egyptian all inclusive, definitely not as bad as some people make out but no, not gourmet cuisine. A wide variety, kept topped up with good opening hours, very catered towards the polish and Russian guests so not great for fussy eaters but if like me, you're pretty easy to feed you'll find something. Yes, I dd get very ill. I got ill on my second day and two weeks later am still suffering. I expected to get a little ill in Egypt and it really doesn't matter how careful you are. I had a tummy bug which caused me to be very sick for a couple of days when I stayed in bed. I do not blame the hotel as I think this would have perhaps been the case in any hotel in Egypt, you just have to be super careful and remember that even the salad is washed in the water ( where I think I went wrong). Stick to carbohydrates and you should be fine. There s a pharmacy just outside the hotel which is much cheaper than inside although I'm pretty sure they make up prices because when you're that unwell you'll pay anything! The food in the beach bar isn't worth trying so I'd suggest stick to the main buffet unless you like greasy fries and a burger. The bars aren't great and we did get quite bored at night but there are enough of them. The gym was a major attraction for us to stay at this hotel ( boyfriend a gym buff) and it is a good hotel gym for egypy with weights etc. The equipment is old but works and Fady who works at the gym is lovely.
You can walk to a supermarket area with tourist shops about ten minutes away although you do get hassled, neema bay was great fun and wasn't too bad, if you're polite and take it as it is you will enjoy it. Lots of bars, restaurants and shops. Did pop to TGI Fridays once for some proper meaty food!
Excursion wise we only did star gazing but book from a tour guide outside of the hotel as its half the price you'll pay from the hotel. The trip was badly organised and not great although the 15 mins star gazing was worth the boring few hours before, absolutely amazing seeing so many stars and the Milky Way!
Overall we had a great holiday and cannot praise the friendly staff at the hotel enough, they really made us feel welcome. However, the thing that makes me not wnt to return to Rehana or Sharm itself is the abundance of Russian and Polish guests. I had read the reviews before travelling and assumed it was an exaggeration, it was not. The Rehana was 90% Eastern European as we're most of the hotels it sounded, and they quite frankly ruined the holiday. They are very rude, inconsiderate and generally disruptive with no manners. If the Rehana had less Eastern European guests I would return most definitely.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from 18th October - 29 October 2012 and had a fantastic time. We were a family of 5, 4 adults and a 3 year old (grandparents and parents). The hotel was amazingly massive with countless swimming pools and the best one being on the beach with the amazing animation team, Katya, Sasa, Dave and Marsha, they were brilliant and made the holiday !! They work so hard everyday to make your holiday as special as it can be. Also, of special mention, Ahmed Samy the lifeguard at the pier, true gentleman !!! There is 90% Russian clientele, however we found the to be fine, with the odd exception, and made some nice friends, i even learnt a little Russian !! There is also a large Ukraine and Polish community, nice people. The hotel rooms were excellent, large and clean. The food was good and there was always something to eat. Great hotel, will definitely be going back next year, even though we are normally Hilton Sharks Bay customers, this hotel has overshadowed that !!! Amazing staff, amazing place and location.

Room Tip: Choose a suite in any block, all are pool/sea view, lower block numbers are nearer the sea and main...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hardwicke, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just back from the Rehanna Royal Beach second time here. First visit was in 2009 when they were still finishing the hotel. To go back and see it finished was great. The staff are wonderful can't do enough for you and nothing is to much trouble. Of course there is a lot of Russians in Sharm and there is a lot that visit this hotel. Please do not let them put you off going. Plenty to eat and choice with the newly opened food court for snacks opened last week pizza pasta hot dogs fish and chips to die for and cakes and ice cream. Also the chinese, Italian a must. I loved it first time round and its even better now. I have stayed twice in block 2 I call it a private cull de sac with your own pool area. I would recommend anyone to go of any age. The hotel is cleaned to a very high standard and they tend the gardens to a high standard too. Thank you for the assistance and care when we needed it. Your staff make the hotel what it is please make sure they know we appreicate their hard work.

Room Tip: I love Block 2 second floor you get a pool view and sea view. Not far from the beach main pool or Fo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minehead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed at the Rehana Royal Beach resort in Feb 2011. loved it, staff could not do enough. rooms were fantastic right by a pool.
Have booked again for Feb 2012, Bringing friends with us this time, will look to get same rooms. cant wait.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Raszczyce, Katowice, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

What can I say about Rehana Royal Beach Resort? The first time I was there two years ago and I really liked the food, it's very tasty, rooms are very clean, the service is friendly. I decided to visit this hotel again this year and it wasn't a disappointment. Standards are still very high. I appreciate very much that it has increased the level of entertainment. I have to say something about one of the animators, Sasa. He was really funny and even the most unruly visitors can't resist his charm. That's because the atmosphere in our hotel was very friendly. I wish you more animators like him :):)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

What can i say?
second time at this hotel and it was just as good as the first(and some!)
If the same staff worked at a B&B, the B&B would be smashing it!
The hotel is just the same as any other hotel, just bricks and mortar, but the
STAFF make it, THE HOTEL!
Mega,Shiko, Katya, Sasa and Dave are all great and friendly.(very funny)
Shardy and Iman in the food court, nothing was any trouble for them, very helpfull!
i'm allready planning next years holiday, can't wait to return, THANK YOU!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hesham M, General Manager at Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Rehana friend
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positive review of your stay here with us.
All your thanks has been passed on to the Department heads and they will pass this onto their teams.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Regards
Hesham Makram
Gniezno, Poznan, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I came back from Rehana Royal just one week ago. It was amazing!!! I flew with Bingo Airlines with big chupa chups on the wing. In future select first or 13, 14 row in the plane. Hotel was very nice. Rooms were cleaned every day. The staff in lobby and other bars were very nice. What I want to point is ANIMATION TEAM. They were teriffic. Dave was always smile, he know's polish very well. Dave always try to help other and make them laugh. Great guy, you can always talk to him and I think I can relay on him. Second one is the funny one - Shiko. This guy rules! Just like Dave he is always smiling. He always make me laugh and comedy show with him was superb. I can't forget they comedy "If I wasn't animator something else I would like to be". Both of them are speaking many language. I can call them my real friends. Thanks to them I spent my time at the pool very nice. And of course aqua gym with them was tired. I have felt my every muscle and it was good. I really want to see them again, maybe in Poland. They treat people like their family. By the way, Shiko has nice watch;) in animation team there were also Sasa - the calm one. Just like those 2 he is part of my family. I miss them a lot.

In this hotel there is only one thing I could complain - the food. It's not good at all !!!

Generally speaking this hotel is good thanks to the animation team and staff!!!

Room Tip: Take building number 4, second floor if you want to see Tiran and sea.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!