Having failed to get into the Cleopatra Luxury, I chose the closest five star hotel to it, the Rehana Royal Beach. I had heard plenty of horror stories about Sharm el Sheik but if you want guaranteed hot weather and a holiday to just relax and do nothing this is a great choice. First impressions of Sharm were not great, long queues at the airport followed by being ripped off by a taxi driver outside (tip: if you have no idea how much it should cost to your hotel or mention a 5 star reset they will try it in, I ended up saying £40 for a 5 min taxi fare that should have cost £10 max- at least the mistake was learnt first off). The drive from the airport shows Sharm as a purpose built resort along a main road, if you're looking for paradise this wont be it. Pleasantly surprised in reaching the hotel, nice entrance and big grand lobby as you'd expect fom a 5 star. I read lts of reviews before travelling saying the 5 star status wasn't justified, I think people expect too much, comparing it to the Riz or Four Seasons is silly, you are in Egypt, if you want luxury go to the Four Seasons. The Rehana Royal had all the facilities and service of a good 4 star resort. Welcome drinks on arrival a nice touch if the allocation of a room did take a while. If you have a preference of where you'd like to be in the resort ( a map is given) don't be afraid to ask, the staff are very hospitable. I asked for a large double not twin away fom the noise of the amphitheatre and children's pool and was given just that, one of the best rooms in the resort I discovered. Our room ( we are a mid twenties couple looking for a relaxing break) was down the bottom of the resort in a quiet area with a pool shared with a few other apartments, secluded enough to be blue to relax but close enough to all amenities such as the of court. The room was surprisingly very large, a nice surprise with a large king size bed, wardrobes, flat screen tv and terrace leading out the pool area. I'd definitely recommend a ground floor room, so nice to be able to sunbathe outside and pop in when needed. The room was very clean and was kept so throughout the holiday. The bathroom was old, although a good size and the shower was rusty and the door broken however we didn't feel the need to complain, we had expected something along those lines and overall were happy with the room. A great touch was the tea & coffee making facilities and two complimentary large bottles of water a day, all very much needed. Remember to brush your teeth in bottled water. No English channels other than fox movies and Bbc world news but we managed to spend a few nights watching good movies so can't complain.
The resort is very big and has a lot of steps, the good thing being us there is enough room for everyone and always a sun lounger (people did reserve loungers). The main pool area is very noisy with activities all day, we didn't use the beach although I would only pick a resort with a beach as it was very crowded and simply too hot for that! The jetty was always busy and closed at night which was a shame, you could snorkel off the edge of it and look at the amazing coral and fish. There are numerous swimming pools, all shallow and yes a little old and dirty despite being cleaned religiously throughout the day. There is building work going on at the hotel, nothing major but it was distracting at times, something I wish I'd been told on booking. There are two all inclusive options; standard and ultra for an extra £50. To be honest I'm not ure ultra is worth it unless you are big drinkers and want your 24 beverages although you do get a free spa treatment and free shuttle bus. We were standard which was fine for us ( we don't drink). It is a shame the wifi ( I don't recommend signal is bad) and the shuttle bus weren't included as was advertised. The hurtle bus runs to the old market and neema bay for around £3 each way. It does take a long time however! We did this once and got taxis other times we ventured out as you can get them for £5 ( although their driving is scary! ) the food court in the hotel was all in one building with a la carte restaurants ( worth booking as food good although you are rushed). There is a large canteen area for tg main buffet kept very clean and the staff are so helpful. The food was as you'd expect in an Egyptian all inclusive, definitely not as bad as some people make out but no, not gourmet cuisine. A wide variety, kept topped up with good opening hours, very catered towards the polish and Russian guests so not great for fussy eaters but if like me, you're pretty easy to feed you'll find something. Yes, I dd get very ill. I got ill on my second day and two weeks later am still suffering. I expected to get a little ill in Egypt and it really doesn't matter how careful you are. I had a tummy bug which caused me to be very sick for a couple of days when I stayed in bed. I do not blame the hotel as I think this would have perhaps been the case in any hotel in Egypt, you just have to be super careful and remember that even the salad is washed in the water ( where I think I went wrong). Stick to carbohydrates and you should be fine. There s a pharmacy just outside the hotel which is much cheaper than inside although I'm pretty sure they make up prices because when you're that unwell you'll pay anything! The food in the beach bar isn't worth trying so I'd suggest stick to the main buffet unless you like greasy fries and a burger. The bars aren't great and we did get quite bored at night but there are enough of them. The gym was a major attraction for us to stay at this hotel ( boyfriend a gym buff) and it is a good hotel gym for egypy with weights etc. The equipment is old but works and Fady who works at the gym is lovely.
You can walk to a supermarket area with tourist shops about ten minutes away although you do get hassled, neema bay was great fun and wasn't too bad, if you're polite and take it as it is you will enjoy it. Lots of bars, restaurants and shops. Did pop to TGI Fridays once for some proper meaty food!
Excursion wise we only did star gazing but book from a tour guide outside of the hotel as its half the price you'll pay from the hotel. The trip was badly organised and not great although the 15 mins star gazing was worth the boring few hours before, absolutely amazing seeing so many stars and the Milky Way!
Overall we had a great holiday and cannot praise the friendly staff at the hotel enough, they really made us feel welcome. However, the thing that makes me not wnt to return to Rehana or Sharm itself is the abundance of Russian and Polish guests. I had read the reviews before travelling and assumed it was an exaggeration, it was not. The Rehana was 90% Eastern European as we're most of the hotels it sounded, and they quite frankly ruined the holiday. They are very rude, inconsiderate and generally disruptive with no manners. If the Rehana had less Eastern European guests I would return most definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel of a 5* class has been opened in 2008. Your every step will make you feel the atmosphere of a holiday club full of entertainment. Traditional Egyptian style of the buildings is in perfect harmony with the blue-eyed pools and well maintained gardens with palm trees and green lawns . Elegant, spacious rooms decorated in warm colors help you to feel the atmosphere of Arabic fairytale. Full equipped Conference Center, handling up to 600 people, will be a guarantee of success to everybody who will try it's advantages. The spirit and high-standard service of the hotel is the reason for a great number of declared regular customers to be happy to come back again and again. Rooms: The hotel has a total number of 682 rooms of different types: * Standard - 25-30 m² - comfortable room with pool and garden view * Family -30-35 m² - large room with poolview * Superior-30 - 35 m² - luxury room with the seaside view * Executive - 30-35 m² - luxury room with the sea view Each room is equipped with individually controlled air conditioning, private bathroom with shower or bath, television, telephone, safe box. Balcony or terrace with a beautiful view of the garden, palm trees and swimming pools can be found in every room. KIDS CLUB: The comfort of our smallest guests is our priority. Kids Club was established for those who are searching for fun and joy all over the days. A variety of activities, hand works, games and fun with experienced, professional and lovely international team of kid's animators will make your child wish to stay there forever. Two outside playgrounds will help parents to enjoy all the leisure activities together with their children not only in the Kids Club but on the beach as well. And for sure everybody are welcome for the most important part of the program - Mini - Disco! ENTERTAINMENT: Every day various classes with an international animation team (yoga, dance lessons, water volleyball, etc..) are provided all over the territory of hotel.Our evening shows held in the Old Egyptian Amphitheatre will take you to the fairytale of Arabic night. Fakir show, belly dancers, Egyptian art, derwish show will create the spirit of ancient magic . And our live singer, violin performances and dance competition will help you to discover your hidden talents. Sombrero Disco will take you into fly-by-night tour under the latest hits together with our DJ. SPORT: The hotel's aqua-park consists of 10 different shaped swimming pools with area of 10,000 m² in total, large and small for children, with water slides for everybody. Some of them , including the Main one, are heated in winter. And for sure big kid's aqua-park will be the favorite place for our smallest guests. Our international animation team offers different opportunities to train not only sense of humor but body as well. Everyday you can enjoy and have a lot of fun with: * GYM and fitness * Tennis courts* Table tennis competition* Volleyball tournament * Basketball * Football * Darts * Water Polo * Aqua-aerobics * Belly-dance and Latino - dance lessons SPA: Those searching for enlightening are always welcome in our SPA. Special Massage courses can relax your body, but our private aroma-therapy will free your soul and renew your spirit. All the procedures, including jacuzzi, steam bath, sauna, turkish hammam etc, are made by high-class professionals putting your comfort as our priority. Beauty Center: Beauty is the strongest weapon of every woman. Equip yourself in our Beauty Center - and let the whole world fall down on its knees. Manicure, pedicure, relaxing mask for face, new hair style - you are not a queen. You are goddess! Rehana 24 hours All Inclusive: * 24 hours food& beverages service * Three buffet meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)&kids corner * Three a la carte restaurants out of three (Italian, Asian, * Oriental restaurant) free of charge. * Early breakfast, late breakfast, snacks, tea time. * Snack Beach bar (beverages& snacks ) * Kids snack corner. * Food court with: - Fish & chips - Oriental corner - Pizza & Pasta corner - Dolce corner - Ice cream corner * Entertainment (daily animation program, night show). * Sports (tennis court, table tennis, GYM, water polo, aerobics , dances lessons) * Free entrance to the disco. * Tea & coffee service at the rooms. Rehana Ultra All Inclusive Enjoy the 24 hours formula PLUS: * 24 hours All inclusive food & beverages. * Seven a la carte restaurants (Italian, Asian, Oriental, Sea food, Indian, Lebanese ,Mexican). * SPACE Disco free of charge entrance & drinks * Mini bar upon arrival & daily 2 bottles of water. * Fresh fruit platter upon arrival. * Free Shuttle bus to and from Naama Bay. * Free SPA package (Jacuzzi, steam bath, sauna, Turkish bath) one visit per stay * Laundry service (once per stay). * Sports (Tennis table, tennis court day & night time free of charge& billiard). * Turn down service. * Free Wi- Fi internet 1h. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rehana Royal Beach Hotel Nabq Bay
- Hotel Rehana Royal Beach
- Rehana Royal Beach Resort & Spa Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay