My Fiance and I have just came back after 10 nights at Tamra beach and loved it there! Although it hasn't got a big grand entrance and reception like some of the bigger hotels in sharm, the rest of the hotel is pleasantly surprising. The pools are fantastic and really clean, the rooms were brilliant and luckily have much needed air con, and the beach and jetty were fab! The staff were all really friendly and helpful, especially the man on the jetty that lent us a snorkel and mask (can't remember his name). The sea is excellent there with so many different species and colours of fish right off the end of the jetty!we were amazed! The food was average, lots of pasta and pizza with it being italian run which we loved! Pancakes, omelettes and lots of pastries at breakfast as well as fruit, yogurt, breads etc. They had a bit of a bbq outside the restaurant a few of the nights, with traditional Egyptian food which was delicious! The hotel was not overly busy during our stay, which we found good, there was no getting up at 6 to put your towels on a sunbed, most days we'd get to the pool about 10am and still have plenty of free beds to choose from. The pool was never overly busy so it was really relaxing. I would say half of the guests were english and the other half Italian, no rude russians! It was mainly couples and families with teenage children at the hotel with only about 10-15 small children, so it was lovely and peaceful. The only downside would be the lack of entertainment and when there was any shows on, they'd be talking in italian so couldn't understand. We went to soho square two of the nights, which is about 15 minute taxi drive away (£15 return for 2 people). it's really good here and has a really good atmosphere!definitely worth a visit!
Overall we'd definitely go back to Tamra beach and this part of Egypt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Luxury 4-star Tamra Beach Resort is ideal for single travelers, couples and families looking to avoid long airport transfers and for somewhere they can relax and have everything catered for without the need to leave the resort. Tamra Beach resort is in the Nabq Bay area and on the beach front only a 10-minute drive from Sharm el Sheikh International Airport. It also offers 24-hour front desk service. The Resort is mainly an Italian Club, but welcomes other nationalities. The resort is located next to Nabq National park which is known for its colourful marine life and its extraordinary Mangrove colonies. All rooms are air conditioned they also have a bathtub, Rooms have modern furnishings and come with cable TV and a safe Deposit box Free of charge. The resort offers rooms with balconies overlooking the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Tamra Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamra Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Tamra Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay