“paradise discovered” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kempston, United Kingdom
“paradise discovered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

My wife and I found heaven here for 10 days in late November.The staff cannot do enough for you from the front desk to the man on the pier.The food was tasty,fresh and very well laid out.The weather was extremely hot around 35°C.The Italian entertainment team were energetic with the daily games of boules,beach volleyball,darts,archery,table tennis and aquagym.The 5 swimming pools were lovely in the afternoon sun with ample sun loungers.The prize asset of the hotel was its own coral sea beach and pier which went out to sea to a 30metre deep coral reef.Snorkeling along the reef was out of this world,there are so many fish of different colours and sizes it was like swimming in your own full size aquarium.Our room has a queen size bed a separate living room,changing room,bathroom,shower and toilet all with a sea view.The housekeeper provide you with a towel display ranging from a crocodile, ships,flowers and swans.This was our first time in Egypt and we are now saving to return with the kids to this hotel next year.Many thanks to ashraf,Ahmed,mo and negum for going the extra mile and making our stay wonderful.

Room Tip: Our room was 6114 which excellent.leave a small tip for the cleaner gave you the towel display.our r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

prettygood, Guest Relations Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Tamra Beach Resort on Trip Advisor.
It is always a pleasure to receive such good feedback on ones stay. I will certainly give feedback to those mentioned.
Please email on your return so we can accommodate you on your request..
All the very best for 2014 to you and your fanily.
Cheryl Evans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Carshalton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

First time to egypt and Tamra for my wife and i,so first question to answer would be, will you return .Unreserved yes, when May 2014.A relaxing laid back holiday , service was great, rooms bright and airey, food ? we loved all aspects , maybe not to every ones liking, but hey egypt 4 star all inclusive and by no means every ones cup of tea, but we loved it , Italian,russian,ukraine and english thanks to all for making our stay great.Hotel staff ,Ngem (bar manager)mr edward and miss christine say a special hi, Cheryl (customer relation) and Tina (internation liason) looking forward to seeing you, if you have any issues Cheryl was on it and sorted, great nights out see Tina for advise,waiters Waled and Ahmed thanks guys ,Our tranfer went very well, but as dave had said taxi quicker and cheaper,contact hotel direct and get taxi booked,Beach was'nt what i expected limited access for a swim,But plenty of sunbathing area's on beach and around numerous pools, on site entertainment is by italian entertainment team (thanks guys) so unless you speak italian, do what we did go and watch ,try and understand, join in if you can and laugh because your there to enjoy , thanks Tim for stripping off and giving me your clothes in one particular game and thanks julie for not letting him give me his trousers , The beer was fine for me , but spirits were an accuired taste, next visit will take couple of bottles vodka for wife,mosi were bad , november is supposed to be worse for these ,but with right repelants ? some will be fine. but no worse than cuba (cao's), off resort looks a bit run down but a short walk to supermarket and english bar if required is recommended ,google up for off site curry and chinese restraunts, Wednesday night egyptian night, join in ,,fancy dress can be rented on site and look very good or take your own, keep you eyes open for sea eagle near pool at 6000 rooms , lucky to get close and watch it drop down to the sea and catch a fish but it was to big for it and couldnt carry it,

Room Tip: ask for 6000 block close to beach , 7000 is right down on beach ,
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on Tamra Beach Resort.
I am very pleased to read that your stay was memorable and pleasant.
Thank you for the Negative and Positive feedback.
Hope to see you back in the new year.
All the very beast for 2014.
Norwich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed there early November and having read all the reviews about the fact that its full of Italians and the few english there will be treated as second class citizens, well the Italians forgot to turn up!!!!
The hotel was nearly empty with only about 50 people there as the Italian travel agents decided it was too dangerous to go there due the the reported troubles in Cairo.
Te main problem was the hotel went into skeleton staff and skeleton facilities, in fact we were told by some locals that they thought the hotel was closed.
The down side was that the main restaurant was closed and they opened up a balcony to eat luke warm poor variety food, there was no atmosphere to the hotel, no entertainment at all.
The upside was that there were no Italians so we were treated like first class and you couldn't wish for better attentive service. Drinks ferried down to he beach, room service.

Plus things about the hotel: found the rooms lovely, gardens terrific and staff very helpful.

Negative things about the hotel: mosquitoes eat you alive, snorkeling off the pier is very good but deep and a strong current so not suitable for young children or average swimmers.

Tips: don't get a transfer from the airport as went through lowcost holidays and ended up on a trip from hell in a tin can for nearly two hours when the hotel was 10 mins from the hotel. I paid £51 for the transfers for four of us, but after telling them not to come back for the return I paid £8 for the taxi ride back taking 10 mins.
Always negotiate with the taxis....
Time tours if a company down in Naqab bay where we booked all our trips through and he was far cheaper than the holiday rep and delivered the goods.....
Hadaba is a fantastic beach to swim off and the snorkeling is the best
Last tip take lots of imodium!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on Trip Advisor for Tamra Beach Resort. I have read your review and I am please to see you had some positive feedback for Tamra Beach Resort. For the Negative feedback I will follow up on what I can.
I do hope you will return and if you do please could you email in advance.
All the very best for 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Fantastic holiday!! The place is wonderful, the food is great (all italian grub), the staff very friendly and everything is kept really clean and well mantained. Our kid had a great time in the pool and the beach is full of life. Lovely holiday. The place though caters mostly for italians (like me!) so not all the staff speaks englis

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
prettygood, Guest Relations Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stayy at TAMRA BEACH RESORT EGYPT I am so please to learn that you had a most enjoyable and memorable holiday.
I will follow up on all your complements to all mentioned
It is such a honour to receive postive feedback from our guests, but we do invite any negatuve feedback so we can improve where need be.
Please advise me on your return.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday and I truly wish I was still there.

The people make the place and I found everyone there extremely friendly and helpful. I include the Italian guests, who I found to be fun loving, outgoing and more than happy to engage with the English guests, contrary to other reviews I have read.

The real stars of the place are the staff, not forgetting the management, who set the tone for them. In particular, my new friends, Ngem the bar manager and Ashraf the restaurant manager, who both have a keen eye for every detail and a wonderful sense of humour. This filters down to their staff, who cheerfully look after your every wish and laugh along with you.

Earlier reviews have mentioned poor food and then the arrival of a new Italian chef and I can tell you that the food there is now wonderful and varied. As good as the Italian food was (really good!), the highlight for me was the Egyptian night on Wednesday. Don't miss it. My only suggestion would be to offer an English dish at lunch and dinner (curry perhaps!), as well as bacon and eggs at breakfast to cater for some of the English guests who, unlike me, prefer their home comforts.

The entertainment is provided by the Italian staff of "Eden Village" who as well as organising guest participation games during the day, put on a great show every night. Thanks to all of them for including us and making us feel so welcome.

Many, many thanks also to Tina, who looks after the "international" guests. Not only did she translate, advise and give dancing lessons, but she had us roaring with laughter every day.

I did have a couple of minor issues, however they were resolved quickly and to my full satisfaction by, Cheryl, the customer relations manager and Mr Sheriff from the front desk.

I would agree with others that the hotel is a little tired in some areas, but I have to say that it also has a warmth, charm and personality that could never be achieved by its larger, more modern neighbours. I will certainly be going back, hopefully in February. Room 6128 or 7136 please Cheryl!

See you soon!

Room Tip: 6000 or 7000
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
prettygood, Guest Relations Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I am very please to hear that you enjoyed your time at Tamra Beach Resort and you were treated well and received good service..

That is our philosophy .

Looking forward to welcoming you back in February, email me when you have booked and I will reserve which ever room you would prefer.

Cheryl
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I spent the last two weeks of November at the Tamra Resort Hotel, on a Hard All-Inclusive. Good points: I had booked a Double Deluxe and the room in the 7000's was truly lovely, overlooking a pool and the sea with a full dawn view every morning. The room was cleaned twice a day to a high standard. The Resort is a bit tired but very green with lots of flowering bushes. There are lots of swimming pools but only one small heated one, the others are TOO COLD but feel free to try them out. The Diving Centre is well run, equipped and offers truly excellent service for both courses and dives for experienced divers. The Spa is perhaps the best I have ever been too in Sharm, run by Antonella it offers a range of excellent massages including Egyptian and a fantastic Thai massage that fixed the aches and pains in my back and ankle. Really worth the trip just for that!!! The Italian Eden Village Entertainment Team are all exceptional young people who also happily involved the few English people there in activities such as: morning muscle wake-up, darts, archery, Latin-American dancing and Crazy Games. If you want to join in they really make you feel welcome.
There were only 70 guests the first week and about 170 the second week due to fears of political unrest. However, I took a day trip to Luxor and had a great time with no problems at all. The Reception staff were excellent and really helpful in any way possible as were the bar staff.
Not so positive: The beach was not raked once in the two weeks I was there, and guest often had to set up their own lounger as no staff in sight. The beach is not suitable for small children, as like all parts of the beach to the right after the airport (from Naama Bay direction), there is a strong wind and current and the coral reef drops down 15 metres suddenly, great for diving and snorkelling in a wet suit but a bit cold and often 'red flag' so no swimming due to the high waves while further down the coast (Shark's Bay for example) the water was great, no wind and warmer. The Restaurant was really disappointing compared to other buffet situations in Sharm Resorts (I have been going to Sharm for 15 years), perhaps due to few guests but little choice and not up to standard. A new Italian Chef had just arrived so maybe there is hope! The Resort is lovely but the beach situation with limited swimming and restaurant quality need to be mentioned.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and get a Double Deluxe in the 7000 area as it is directly over a quiet pool area ju...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
prettygood, Guest Relations Manager at Tamra Beach, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thanking you for taking the time to send us feedback about your time spent at Tamra Beach Resort.

It is important to receive all feedback from our guests, positive and negative. We truly value the opinions of our guests.

I have personally followed up on the points you have mentioned and can assure you this has been dealt with.

Have a great Festive Season and look forward to welcoming you on your return visit.

Regards Cheryl
Guest Relations Manager
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at Tamra Beach from 13 to 20 November 2013 (our first experience of Egypt and All Inclusive).

On first arriving at the hotel around 6pm the reception staff were courteous and helpful whilst we signed in and then we were taken with our baggage to our room that was in the 6000’s block (we stayed in 6111).

Our room was more like an apartment with a small lounge area with a built in sofa and coffee table. From there you walked up a couple of steps to the bedroom area which had a super king-size bed and bedside tables. There were a couple of wardrobes and vanity unit, built in safe and small fridge (with a bottle of water in it). Leading off from the bedroom was the bathroom area – bath, washbasin in an alcove, separate stand alone shower and room containing a toilet and bidet. Overall the room felt big, it was clean and so was the bedding and towels etc. The cleaner came in once a day and we left a couple of dollars tip each morning and were rewarded with various bits of towel art as well as a nicely turned down bed and a clean room. From the bath you could open a little window and see the sea.

The first evening we ate on the terrace above the restaurant. Because of the troubles in Egypt i.e. Cairo, a number of countries had pulled their Nationals out of Egypt and Tamara Beach had suffered because of this. There were probably only about 30 guests staying in the hotel when we first arrived (English, Russians and Ukrainians). I think it would be fair to say that the staff outnumbered the guests! The food was edible and consisted of a soup, a pasta dish, a meat dish, a fish dish, some vegetables, breads, basic salad (lettuce, tomato and cucumber) and sweets in the form of cakes and fresh fruit. The problem is that when you have only 30 guests it is difficult to provide a more varied selection of dishes. It was nice to look out across the Red Sea and Tiran Island and it felt very much like a la carte dining with the very attentive waiters.

We slept well that night and went for breakfast the next morning in the Poolside bar. There was the usual selection of cereals, meats, cheeses, tea, coffee and fruit juices (Continental Style). You could also have a fresh omelettes and crepes cooked.

Lunch al a Buffet Style was served in the Beach Bar that again had a wonderful outlook over the Red Sea/Tiran Island. Again the food was edible if not so varied.

We ate like this and enjoyed the 2 to 1 waiter service until the Saturday when around 150 Italians arrived. The main restaurant complex was then opened and things began to move up a gear! We were a bit disappointed that the Poolside Breakfast, Beach Lunch and Restaurant Terrace Dinner arrangement had come to an end but this was far outweighed by the increase in food choices and the new Italian Chef (from Sicily). We began to get lots more of everything – for instance instead of the basic salad stuffs there must have been 6 different types of salad, much more fresh breads and breadsticks, more pasta dishes (including pasta cooked whilst you wait), meat and fish cooked on a griddle plate to your liking, more vegetable dishes, more sweets and on our last day freshly made Bombolone (a fried donut containing confectioners custard – out of this world).

Haven't commented on the Spa as we didn't use it - but we were told it is a wonderful place by some other guests that did use it.

Some well deserved “thank yous” to:

Mr Ashraf and his team of waiters including; Waled, Amr, Ahmed and Khaled – “as-salam-o-alaikum” and “shukran” to you all.

Mr Negm (which means “Star”) and you were Sir. Always a pleasant smile and a joke. Also a big thank you to your Bar Staff, nothing was too much trouble for them.

Mr Yasser Hussein the General Manager (a real style Fashionista) who was a charming and pleasant man.

Cheryl who is in charge of Customer Relations – again nothing was too much trouble for her and was always on hand to help.

Last but by no means least, our favourite Animator Miss Tina (Valentina) who used to get me and Eddie up to play all sorts of games and to translate the Italian shows for us in the evenings. Ciao to the Italian Animators Bepe, Massimilliano and Dario!

Having read some of the previous Trip Advisor reviews there seems to be a lot of moaning about ignorant Italians and Russians (although they were mostly Ukrainians staying) but we found everyone to be friendly, happy to try and converse with us in English and we to them in very poor Italian and even worse Ukrainian/Russian. Sometimes it’s difficult for us to converse with other nationalities, but sometimes it’s just as difficult for them to converse with us and a smile and an attempt at trying to say hello in their language (even if it is very poorly) is a good icebreaker. After all isn’t that why we all go on holiday to visit new places and to meet new people.

All in all we had a very relaxing week and were sorry to leave at the end of our stay. Would we visit Tamara Beach again – a very definite “Yes”.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 6000's and especially the 7000's are nearest to the Beach/Sea Take Dollars (i...
Dear Reviewer,
I am very pleased to read that you and your wife had a memorable holiday at Tamra Beach Resort and hopefully will see you both in the near future.
Thank you for the mentioning of our staff, I have related this personally and the are delighted to have been acknowledged by the guests.
Have a great Festive Season and look forward to welcoming you both on your return.
Regards Cheryl
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Tamra Beach? Share your experiences!