“Extremely worn and dated” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Glamour
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1ra Constituyente 37-85 y Brasil, Riobamba, Ecuador   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Riobamba
Las Vegas, NV
“Extremely worn and dated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked one night's stay on Expedia at Hotel Glamour. Check in was incredibly disorganized, no one manned the desk and diners of the restaurant kept coming up and taking random keys which made me uncomfortable leaving our belongings in the room. After a lengthy wait, we were finally led up to a room, but it was dirty. Then, they found us one that was clean on the same floor. The room was very worn and the towels were threadbare.

When we laid down to rest the bed was so uncomfortable. The walls were paper thin, we could hear people coming and going, the pipes sounded like the room would flood any second. After an hour, we were over it. So, we decided to see if the hotel we booked in Banos had availability, it did; we booked it. We returned our key and remote for the tv and we were gone, an hour after we checked in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at the Glamour hotel for night, and by far it was our least favorite hotel. Our room was dated, stained/ripped carpets, most of the lights in our room did not work, the blinds were all broken, the heater in our room was in very poor shape(missing pieces), and did not work, thankfully the blankets kept us warm! Above the shower head there were 2 exposed wires, I did not verify if they were live or not! Also in our room there was a crack between the ceiling and wall so I could see outside. The staff was friendly but not very helpful. The receptionist could not point out on a map they gave us where the hotel was located or the city center. At 630am the staff started playing music in the lobby, since all the rooms face the lobby it made for an early wake up call. The breakfast was standard and the best part of this not so glamorous hotel was the fresh cheese at breakfast. If you set your standards low and just need a place to crash this place will do, though @ 30$ a night though cheap, we had far nicer hotels elsewhere for the same price in this awesome country. Next time im in Riobamba I will seek out other accommodations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Anacortes, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed one night and that was enough. Expedia charged 22% tax at time if booking. On my confirmation email, expedia said that the hotel would ask for a 22% tax which didn't make sense because we had already paid it. The manager at the hotel desk did not charge us the additional tax when I showed him that we had already paid it. If you book this hotel with Expedia, beware that you could be charged 22% twice! Now to the room-- king size bed with no mattress cover, filthy carpet, no light bulb in table lamp. We were in room 330 and could hear people coming in all night long and the previous morning's breakfast dishes finally being removed from the tables in the lobby in the middle of the night. If you plan to stay one night and move on like we did, the price is right. Would not recommend for a longer stay. Cannot comment about breakfast because we had to leave before it was served. I do not understand how anyone could give this hotel 5 stars. The manager was helpful, but our room was ready 3 hours after the time he said it would be ready in 20 minutes. An outdated hotel is not an issue for us but a shabby, dirty room is. Find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Maldon, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Hotel Glamour was a very good place to stay & I'd stay there again.

Pros

Near bus station
Not far from train station & town centre
Breakfast area was glassed in on 3 sides and overhead so was brilliant on a cold but sunny morning
Room was quiet which is my main priority
Room was biggish & clean
Views from roof on a clear day & from your room if you get a good one
Lots of places to eat 1 block away
Helpful, friendly staff

Cons

None

Also the first morning I woke up there wasn't a cloud in the sky & I could see Chimborazo in the distance from my window so I decided I wanted to go there. It was a bit late to go on an organised tour so Max (the manager) offered to take me on his motorbike. It was brilliant being not part of a group. We went to the 1st refuge hut on the mountain & walked to the 2nd. Took about 2.5 hours return. I could stop where I wanted and go at the pace I wanted. It snowed on the way & we never actually got to see the top of the mountain at all. Its called weather. Was brilliant that morning but... I highly recommend going there with Max if you like walking.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I travelled here alone and arrived pretty late in the night. The hotel was minutes away from the bus station and their 24 hour desk was attentive and pleasantly polite considering the hour i checked in at.

The rooms are dated but clean and you get everything you need, including a water bottle which i thought was a nice touch. The place is extremely affordable, perfectly located and had a polite staff; i could not ask for anything more. If you're not a posh traveller and you place culture and people over the thread count and amount of tassles on a pillow, this place is your castle away from home :)

Much love,

Joey

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Arcata, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights in January of 2014. The staff was incredibly friendly and my girlfriend and I had a great stay. The rooms are affordable and very clean. Left my bags in my room and felt secure knowing they would be there when I got back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Deventer, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

There is no glamour at all in this hotel. It's old and shabby. There was no hot water in the shower. The manager said he would fix it for us, but the next morning it was luke warm.
The breakfast is included, but they had to do grocery before they could serve. I asked for yoghurt and banana, but the banana was a special fruit, he told me... Strange.

The room was also old, the blind was broken and we had to hang up a blanket to make the room dark. The bathroom was worn down.

Last but not least; during our two night stay, I had a lot of flea bites which cost an allergic reaction for which I had to go to the hospital.

During our stay we had the feeling that Hotel Glamour was trying to be something it's not.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Glamour? Share your experiences!