“Best place ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Intag Cloud Forest Reserve Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Otavalo
Intag Cloud Forest Reserve Lodge
You added Intag Cloud Forest Reserve Lodge to your Saves list
Apartado 18, Otavalo, Ecuador   |
Concord, New Hampshire
“Best place ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here in Spring of 2012 as part of my study abroad program, and I can honestly say it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I learned so much about myself while hiking around the land, and everybody there was so knowledgeable and ready to answer any questions we had about the cloud forest! I will absolutely be going back here the next time I am in Ecuador.

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here in 2013 on and off for a month. While I wasn't the typical guest, I can assure you that the accommodations are lovely. The food is delicious and will make you rethink vegetarian cuisine (even if you're a meatlover). There are beautiful views right at the lodge. It's great to just sit on the lawn, play with the dogs, and look at the clouds in the hills. At night in the same spot you can watch hundreds of beautiful moths flock to an illuminated sheet. The Zorrillas and other people working at the lodge are fantastic guides and will wow you with so many facts along the hikes. Definitely a place to discover.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here in the fall of 2011 as part of a student program. It was a wonderful experience, and I can't for the day I can go back on my own! The location is phenomenal, the sense of community is engaging, and the food is just delicious! If you want to truly experience the cloud forest and gain an understanding of life there (human and otherwise), this is the place for you! My week there was one of the best of my life :)

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here in September 2010 and had a really cool experience! The Zorillas have a great thing going up there at La Florida. The hike-in was cool because you got to kinda acclimate to the slow-pace tempo of the reserve and also there were huge spiders on the fences that lined the road (not harmful though in case you're reading this and getting clammy). The meals were delicious and well-balanced, much of the fruit coming right off the trees at the reserve. The best part by far (for me) was the animal life. So many birds and sounds all the time. One time I was sitting down reading and a pair of cock-of-the-rocks flew right over my head! Then there were the dogs and cats and mules and chickens that were always hanging around. Intag felt like a place you could call home with the intrigue, beauty and majesty of a non-stop adventure!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Intag Cloud Forest Reserve Lodge may be off the beaten path, but that is what makes it special. It is well worth the trip. It's a famiy-run ecolodge located in the community of Santa Rosa. While there is a lot of ecotourism in the area, this place is an example of ecotourism at its best. The accommodations are rustic and simple, but you won't feel like you're roughing it by any means. The showers, for example, are outdoors with beautiful views and are solar-heated. You can kick back and relax in hammocks on the cabin porches with completely unspoiled views of the mountainous cloud forest. The delicious and healthy meals are served family-style using many local ingredients. During the day, you can go for a dip in the nearby waterfalls, go on guided hikes, and learn about the unique wildlife and about conservation efforts in the area. So very special.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at the Intag Cloud Forest reserve in 2001 while traveling with a study abroad group, and then again in 2002 while visiting with my parents. This is a truly magical place. The grounds are breathtakingly beautiful, the food is homemade and delicious, and the Zorillas are lovely people who will be happy to teach about the ecology of the region and the conservation effort they are involved in. Make no mistake, the accommodations are rustic, but that contributes to the magic. I still remember how cool it was to take a shower with sun-heated water in a wooden outdoor stall that overlooked a wild cloud forest valley. I have fond memories of this hidden gem and would gladly return if I we planning another Ecuadorian vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Intag Cloud Forest Reserve Lodge? Share your experiences!