“Pure Ecuadorian Enchantment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Cusin

You added Hacienda Cusin to your Saves list
Hacienda Cusin
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Cale Chiriboga, PO Box 123, Otavalo 123, Ecuador   |
Ranked #3 of 21 Otavalo B&B and Inns
New Castle, Delaware
“Pure Ecuadorian Enchantment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We loved Hacienda Cusin from the first moment of our arrival in the lushly planted courtyard surrounded by traditional architecture. The staff was welcoming and always helpful. After a superb dinner in the evening, we'd return to our chambers where a warming fire had been started. There are plenty of local diversions both on-site and in the region for daytime pleasure.

Room Tip: Each is unique and well appointed.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

tastefully decorated rooms, with plenty of the new yorker, etc.. back issues to rummage over while spending time in the cozy common lounges and gardens

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The grounds were stunning and the staff was warm and very friendly. Loved the hot water bottle in the bed! Thanks for a great stay, will be back soon!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hiawassee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Shawn B
This was a wonderful taste of the local culture with amentities that kept you comfortable. I loved the atmosphere of the former farm and monastery and the gardens were beautiful. The staff lit fires in the room and left hot water bottles in the beds to make sure you are not chilled in the evenings. The food was very good and even though there are published hours for the restaurant, the staff brought us food and drink to eat in the gardens or common areas on request. By the time you leave here you will probably have made friends with most of the other travelers and had tea or cocktails with them. There are drivers on staff if you are not comfortable with using local taxis. The price may be a little more than some places in this area, but overall an inexpensive vacation and worth it. I was planning a return trip before I left. It really was an experience that would be tough to duplicate.

Room Tip: I loved the look of the cottages, but the family rooms had more space so stayed there.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful find! This jewel of a hotel was exactly what I was looking for--a home away from home. From the food to the gardens, I couldn't have asked for a more authentic and traveller-friendly experience. I look forward to future stays and old friends!

• Stayed March 2012
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We really enjoyed this quaint property. A wonderful stop to rest and enjoy the ambience of Ecuador. We had a nice room a little cool but the fireplace helped. We had good food and very relaxing. The gardens are outstanding. Highly recommended ! Hanna the intern and owner were helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I just arrived in Ecuador 5 days ago from Rome, Italy. My hospitable stay began right from the minute that I was met at the airport by the lovely hotel driver-Angel. He took me directly to the beautiful Hacienda where I was greated with a lovely warm welcome: a crackling warm fire, a refreshing drink and the many friendly staff. Just what was needed after a long journey! I spent the first two nights in Hacienda Cusin. What a fantastic place- My cosy room with an en-suite bathroom, typical Ecuadorian decor and the burning fire made me feel right at home. The vast gardens alone, deserve a visit. The library-the ideal place to relax. The squash, basketball, bike hire and games room catered to my more active moods. Not to forget the fabulous food- they offer a lovely adventurous menu which includes fresh fruit juices, fantastic salads, homemade soups, mouthwatering meat and fish courses and the best of all-the desserts!

Having enjoyed my stay so much, I decided to try out Hacienda Cusin's sister hotel- "Las Palmeras Inn". Hacenda Cusin organised a car to collect me and take me there, a 20 minute drive. I was greeted at the entrance by smiling staff who helped me bring my luggage directly to my room. After the magnificent Hacienda Cusin, I thought I was going to be deluded by my next hotel. Instead I was pleasently surprised. "Las Palmeras Inn" has a huge amount of charm. Once again I found the surroundings to be breathtaking, the food-wonderful and the sounds of nature and chirping of birds-utterly relaxing! My stay co-incided with a Saturday, so of course I couldn't miss heading down to the nearby world famous Otavalo market- What a fantastic experience!

Only a few days of my trip remaining- No better way to spend my time than returning to the magnificent Hacienda Cusin!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hacienda Cusin? Share your experiences!