“Great Food with Conversation and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Salinay y Sucre, Otavalo, Ecuador
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 43 Restaurants in Otavalo
traveling
“Great Food with Conversation and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

The owner loves to chat if you catch him when the restaurant isn't full. The food is great and I didn't notice too much beans. I got the chicken tacos and have had the chicken burrito. My wife has had the beef tacos. We loved the food. The atmosphere is wonderful but starting to age. You can eat out on the patio and overlook the Plaza de Ponchos (indigenous market). Great view from the fourth floor!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“I hate to write this one...Owner was great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

I hate to write this one but the food was just not good. The veg. burrito was just beans and the chicken burrito was chicken and beans......Lots of beans. No toppings no rice no vegs nothing. We talked with the owner before dinner very nice guy, The place was very clean and the kitchen also looked clean. You might want to stop in for a beer but I would eat at the market. The prices are now 6 to 7.50 I think that LP has the prices at 5 to 6.
They do have the roof that looks over the center square.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Great food, incredible view, and charming owners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

My first day in Otavalo I decided to meander the streets in exploration. Once I arrived at Plaza de Ponchos I looked up and saw a cool looking place on the 3rd floor overlooking the city with a fabulous view of the gorgeous surroundings. I decided to venture upwards. After climbing the three flights, I was greeted with a huge smile and greeting from the owners, who quickly invited me to sit and enjoy the view. Loved it! I plan to take my niece there for lunch tomorrow.