“Convenient and good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suites Guayaquil

You added Suites Guayaquil to your Saves list
Suites Guayaquil
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cerca Aeropuerto Guayaquil, Av. Leopoldo Benitez y Av. Hno. Miguel | Cdla. Simon Bolivar Mz 2 villa 9, Guayaquil 5934, Ecuador   |
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Guayaquil
Sydney, Australia
“Convenient and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed overnight here twice on my way to and back from Galapagos. Very convenient, close to the airport and good value for money. Facilities excellent. Nice clean rooms with LCD TVs. This is an apartment, not a hotel so no restaurant or bar. There are a few small takeaway/dining places in the block. Otherwise a 10 minutes walk to a huge mall - Mall del SOL, where you can find everything.They picked me up from the airport for $5. Although not far, convenient and safe if you are from out of town and coming in late at night. Not in the glamorous part of town, but pretty safe. Also got timely responses from my email communications with them. Highly recommended if all you need is an overnight stay for your flight.

Room Tip: Not much difference in the rooms. I stayed in two different rooms, one upstairs and one downstairs...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was on a business during the New Year, and stood in this excellent hotel, great place, close to shopping mall and the airport,the rooms are excellent and clean,
Internet is fast, and price affordable,My family and I had a great time in Guayaquil

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We needed somewhere to stay close to the airport between flights going to Galapagos so chose here. Only a short cab ride from the airport (the next day we walked to the airport, it took less than ten minutes).

The room was clean and comfortable and very spacious. The beds were comfortable. Free wifi. Service was frinedly and just what we needed after a long day's travelling. No-frills comfort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

These 1 star reviews are talking about a different place. You can make reservations online at booking.com . I got into Guayaquil airport tired and pretty poor at speaking spanish. Caught a cab and for $4 and about 4 minutes arrived at hotel air suites. The neighborhood is pretty rundown, but this hotel is very nice and reasonably priced. Tv, air conditioning, safe, and mini fridge in room ith a large private bath. The rooms seem recently renovated. Only problem I had was that is smelled very strongly of bathroom cleaner and Lysol. I guess you shouldn't complain about a place being too clean, but I could barely breathe it was so strong. I opened the window and blasted the AC, and it cleared out. There is free breakfast which I will check out tomorrow. Overall very happy, and those one star reviews are about a different place...

Friendly staff, although the neighborhood is nothing to speak of.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Pearcedale Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We had booked rooms directly with the hotel's reservation office, months in advance, for our stay in Guayaquil. We had 3 nights books - 1 before our departure for the Galapagos, and 2 for when we returned. We had been in email contact direct with the hotel's reservations office on a number of occasions before our arrival, and even on the day before we arrived, and all was good. However, when we did arrive, our room was no longer available, for any of the dates we had booked and pre-paid for. We were told they were very sorry, and hoped we'd understand. There was no other explanation, other than the hotel was full. Luckily we were able to find another hotel, but it was all a real hassle. We'd paid fully for our rooms before we arrived as requested. We did get our money back. All in all it was very unprofessionally run. We wouldn't recommend anyone tries and books this hotel, you might find you don't have a room when you arrive!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in Jan/Feb 2011. This hotel offers a lot for the price, including flat-screen TV, air conditioning, satellite TV, and wifi. It's a minute's drive from the airport and 5 minutes from the bus terminal. There's also a huge shopping mall about 5 - 10 minutes' walk from the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Located in the center of town near all the major tourist attractions, restaurants and shopping I couldnt have asked for better accomodations! The staff was helpful and informative. The suites were clean cozy and comfortable. I will recommend to all my friends and family. Suites Guayaquil was above and beyond any comparable hotel I have stayed at in South America! It is because of places like Suites Guayaquil that I had a memorable vacation in Ecuador. I will be back this year on business. Thanks for your hospitality. See you soon...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Suites Guayaquil? Share your experiences!