“Excellent service, fabulous food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French, American, Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Canoa, Manabi, Ecuador
“Excellent service, fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We arrived at Plaza Lago earlier than most restaurants open for dinner and discovered this great eatery with an excellent menu and great staff. The inside seating could get noisy when all tables are filled, so the outside seating offers a great view of the Plaza Lago ambiance and fountains. We would choose this restaurant over the many others in this area again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great choice in town!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had reserve "la boca del lobo" to celebrate my fiance's birthday with friends.. They were very nice since I first called.. We came there with the birthday cake and friends.. They had carefully chose a nice table for us.. We loved the place.. And when the food came we were very surprised for the presentation, it looked amazing and tasted even better.. I had the salmon.. I loved it.. Everybody was actually happy with what they ordered, just got a little disappointed because they were out of lamb.. But that is now a reason for me to come back to try their famous lamb!!
I highly recommend "la boca del lobo"
Kenia

Monterrey
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is a nice place to go for a drink but it is expensive. I've heard that in Quito it is much better, but I like this for a night out with your friends.
The only problem we had was when we payed with different credit cards they overcharge us and we didn't noticed until a few days later and we just didn't bother to call back...

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ErikFede, Gerente at La Boca Del Lobo Guayaquil, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello please write us to erikmbabinsky@gmail.com to know what we overcharge to your bill, to know if it´s a mistake of us or to see what it is. In Ecuador is the law that all the bills has to have the 10% of service charge, maybe it´s this but for be shure please write to us.

Atte.
La Boca del Lobo Managment
De
“Cold food, overcooked and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Food was practically cold, And it's overpriced for what you get! ... They Offer a varied menu .. but do not change the options that may be lost and offer something different that you really dont want to eat, the service was ok.
The shrimps was overcooked and cold, nice decoration of the restaurant..

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ecuador
“Nothing to do with the same restaurant in Quito!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I arrived here because of my good experience at the same restaurant in Quito, I gave the benefit of dude of other comments, my wife ask for a salad and a main course with shrimps.. very dissapointed they were overcooked ( like rubber).. my wife never complaint at the time, because she was very hungry and to wait more time for another change... our expectations were to much..also the salad.. better is what I prepare in my house. I ordered a "Salmon Ishpingo", it was good.. but extremely overpriced it just came with french fries no vegetables or other stuffs. They must give something else for that price.. even live music as the other places. Apologies are not a solution., actions YES!.

• Visited June 2013