“A Luxurious Stay in Guayaquil” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil

You added Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil to your Saves list
Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida 9 de Octubre y Garcia Moreno | P.O. Box 09-01-9636, Guayaquil, Ecuador   |
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Guayaquil
Alexandria, Virginia
“A Luxurious Stay in Guayaquil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Oro Verde for three nights during our Honeymoon in Ecuador. Although on the expensive side, Hotel Oro Verde was worth the price tag and does offer a weekend discounted rate on their website. Guests are provided with a coupon for a free welcome drink upon arriving. My only complaint was that the wifi would not work in our room. My wife and I enjoyed all the amenities including the business center since we didn't bring computers, the pool, the fitness center with jacuzzis and saunas, as well as the restaurants. We enjoyed cheese fondue at La Fondue, our last night in Guayaquil.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vasco_v_Baselli, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear SGilbert1,

thank you very much for your kind review and feedback on your stay at the Oro Verde Guayaquil. I am very happy your time with us and its a pleasure to inform you that we are currently in the process of refurbishing our pool area and leisure facilities, which I hope you will enjoy at your next visit.

Vasco v. Baselli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Oro Verde in Guayaquil, Ecuador. This hotel is great! The room was spacious and clean. The beds were cozy. We had a welcome cocktail. We were close to some of the sights in the city that were within walking distance. The service was outstanding. We were staying there before and after a trip to the Galapagos Islands and this hotel provided a great send-off for a wonderful trip. The Patio Restaurant, located in the lobby, served a wonderful breakfast, with made-to-order omelets. The Gourmet Deli, also in the lobby, had scrumptious desserts. I definitely will stay here if I return.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 6th floor; I think each floor has its own decor. We had a view of the pool and s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Vasco B, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear nightingale 1972,

thank you for your review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We will make sure to have some desserts ready for you for your next visit to Guayaquil!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been three times now in the Oro Verde, and you can't go wrong with this hotel. Attentive staff, very good service, very nice and spacious rooms, great breakfast buffet (though a little bit on the pricy side) , quiet though very centrally located and though on weekends they have on the second floor weddings and parties with loud music, but if you are on the upper floors you hear absolutely nothing. Walking distance to the Malecon down the main shopping street about 15 minutes. Two very good upscale restaurants, one gourmet style in a very elaborate old fashioned style, one Suisse chalet like one, very nice and cosy bar with often live music where you probably will stay after having sipped you complementary drink. I always stayed for conferences with unbeatable prices, check on internet what it is for a normal stay. In any case my favorite hotel in Guayaquil.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Vasco_v_Baselli, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Hape 007,

thank you very much for sharing your experiences at the Oro Verde with the TripAdvisor Community. We look forward to welcoming you back and please let us know if you wish to have a room on a higher floor.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had checked into a dump that we both knew we couldn't spend a night in so we checked Trip Advisor and found Oro Verde. Fortunately, they had a room for us and it was WONDERFUL. They included two complimentary cocktails, kept the pool open for us and generally treated us like royalty.

Our room was beautiful - clear, comfortable beds and all the enmities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I were originally booked, paid and confirmed to stay at the Hilton. However, on arrival were were told they were booked out and we had no reservation. Our guide was amazed and then called the Oro Verde and obtained us a 2 room suite. We were overwhelmed by the service we received . The staff were excellent. On arrival we had complementary drinks free Mini bar and an unbelievable suite. It was very comfortable and also had a great bed. We stayed 2 nights prior to out trip to Galapagos and then returned for another 2 nights afterwards. We really thank the Hilton as we believe they did us a favor and we stayed at the better hotel.

Also its location was a bonus as it was walking distance to all the attractions we intended to visit.

Room Tip: From our experience any room would be fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to Galapagos Islands for a week long dive trip. So all we really wanted was to get to and from the airport in a timely fashion and get a bit of sleep. Wow !!! were we surprised and impressed. Very much old world charm, 2 complimentary drinks in a very relaxing bar area with settling live music. A FREE overwhelming breakfast. Omelet table, all kind of breads and pastries, on and on and on. And wonderful service. They made sure we got on the correct shuttle in the AM by actually checking our flight so there was no confusion with different languages. Then when my wife left a wake up call which she didn't answer because she had gotten in the shower the actually sent someone to the room to be sure everything was ok. We have lots of others their way.

Coconut Pete

Room Tip: I have no idea. We just wanted to sleep but what they gave us was fine with me.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vasco B, General Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Coconut Pete,

thank you very much for your kind review and we are very hapy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hamilton, Bermuda
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was attending an International Crossfit Competition over the weekend of June 6-9. I paid extra for a comfortable quite suite. I needed excellent rest to perform adequitly in my compeititon, on June 8th there was a loud party in one of the conference room that went on until 3 am. The music literaly shook the entire room past 330, and was extrmely loud. I reported it 4 times, and nothing was done or offered. I entered into a contract with the hotel to pay a certain price for a quiet and comfortable room. I fullfilled my end of the contract by paying the room rate, the hotel failed to fullfill their end of the contract by providing me with a quiet and comfortable enviroment. No solution was offered or provided, and upon checkout when I once again complained about the noise on the saturday night, no solution was provided or offered. For this level of hotel this is extrememly unacceptable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
OroVerdeGuayaquil, Manager at Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Jenny J,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced during your stay. It is indeed unacceptable and we apologize for not resolving this issue during your stay. If there is anything we can do at this point please let us know.

Kind regards,

Isabel

Been to Hotel Oro Verde Guayaquil? Share your experiences!