“Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Colon Guayaquil

You added Hilton Colon Guayaquil to your Saves list
Hilton Colon Guayaquil
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Francisco de Orellana, Mz. 111, Guayaquil 5934, Ecuador   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Instant Getaway!
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Guayaquil
Parlin, New Jersey
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had an excellent experience with Hilton Colon during my last trip in September. Upon my visit to Guayaquil the Hotel picked me up from the Airport and the check-in process was a breeze. I was also given complementary coupon for a Drink and 2 passes for the Oktober Festival that was going on during that time. Clean rooms as usual.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Quito, Ecuador
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

This Hotel is a good example of the Hilton brand as far as everything else is concerned, EXCEPT and this is a HUGE EXCEPT, for the fact that on weekends at night the bar plays live music that is SOOOO loud I couldn´t sleep on the 6th floor!!!
We stayed on the 3rd floor and it was so absurd we couldn´t hear the TV over the music!!!! I am not exagerating! I started calling at 9pm and finally gave up at around 11pm, during this time I called 5 times and held a total of 45 minutes! I spoke to the hotel night manager, the bar manager, EVERYONE, they all kept telling me yes we will turn it down right away and they never did!
The next morning I went to the day manager and he immediately moved me to the 6th floor, I figured that would be ok, but NOPE still couldn´t sleep!!! It is really absurd! Some hotel employees told me it was a really bad problem with all the guests but for some reason the hotel and bar administration couldn´t agree to trun it down???!!! I had prepayed the hotel, and so I couldn´t ask for a break, but I did eat at the restaurants and asked the hotel for some sort of compensation (expecting at least for the breakfasts to be comped) but they simply told me we´lll get back to you and upon check out they acted as if I never asked... I was SOOO ANGRY I just wanted to leave and never come back.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from elevators as possible
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I'd rate it a 3.5 and have to round it up to a 4. To be fair, our two rooms were spacious, modern and tidy. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The location 10 minutes from the airport makes it convenient for transfers (arrange their shuttle service to meet you free of charge--the wrong taxi can be risky). The pool area is large and comfortable.

But the little things like shabby, stained carpets detract. Of their many restaurants, only the coffee shop and sandwich shop offer a la carte (not buffet) dinner on Sunday (no Sunday alcohol sales in Ecuador must kill the dinner business). Poorly stocked amenities on the Executive floors. Slow, slow service. Not exactly bargain prices... These things added up.

Room Tip: Better to have a room in the hall, not atrium, when the bar is open.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Although we requested non smoking rooms they put us in the smokin floor, the halls were horrible, we got sick jsut walking to and from our rooms. after much complaint we were moved to a non smoking floor. On top of that jewelry was stolen from my room, we went to report it, and they just said it was not the hotel responsibility, they did not even question the cleaning crew, they did nothing, during check out we were told the manager will contact us, good luck with that....... this place ruined what otherwise was a perfect family weekend, And they claim to be five stars!!!!!!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We were warned that 4 star hotels in Guayaquil would not compare to those in the US; this is not true! After 24 hours of air travel it was great to be met at the Guayaquil airport at midnight by a greeter complete with sign and a free hotel shuttle. We were warned not to take cabs because of safety issues. Check in was easy and the room large and comfortable. The hotel is close to the airport making for an easy transfer the next day for the flight to Galapagos. The breakfast buffet was good. On our return trip only 1 of the restaurants was open for dinner early (they all opened at 7PM). There is a very contemporary and it is clear that people are up late partying. We left at 3:30AM to make an early flight and there were women dressed up in party dresses and gowns still up from the previous night!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Quito, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Supposedly a luxury hotel, but furniture in rooms, carpets, etc. old and stained.

Very slow check-in and check-out service.

Make sure to verify your mini-bar charges. I was almost charged for items I didn't take!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here before and after visiting Galapagos. Rooms were clean, housekeeping was great and beds comfortable. We arranged for a cot to be brought in for our son which was actually made up as a real bed. Very nice! My other two stayed in a separate room.
The food was not the greatest by far and service was very slow...tried not to let it bother us though as we were in no hurry to get anywhere.
As a previous poster wrote, the executive floor was a disappointment and should not have been. We stayed on the 9th floor two nights in a row...the first night no red wine. The second night, no white wine and this was early on in the evening. We had to leave to get a drink or a snack. They did not refill trays, and although staff was very apologetic, if you are thinking of treating yourself to executive for lounge purposes, it is not worth it. I am still unclear as to why they could not replenish from downstairs...
The pool is beautiful and wonderful to be for relaxation. Charles was great!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Colon Guayaquil? Share your experiences!