“Perfect location with a lovely staff and delicious (and filling!) complimentary breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Adriatic

You added Hotel Adriatic to your Saves list
Hotel Adriatic
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Trg marsala Tita 5, Rovinj 52210, Croatia   |
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Rovinj
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

My original hotel plans in Rovinj fell through, so I ended up at the Adriatic's front desk around 9 p.m., exhausted, without a reservation. The woman behind the counter was amazing—she had no single rooms available, but since it was early in the week in an off-season, she gave me a double room for the price of a single. I ended up staying three nights.
The room itself was clean and it offered a lovely view of the Rovinj harbor. There is a complimentary breakfast in the mornings, and it's delicious. The waiter will ask if you want eggs, but between the excellent coffee, flaky croissants, pear compote, and delicious cheeses that are set out, you already have all you need.
If you can get a room on the first floor, do it. The stairs *will* wear you out. But hey, it's exercise.
I will definitely stay here again if in Rovinj.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
East Wareham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

We took the bus from Pula and dragged our suitcases from the Rovinj bus station to the hotel. When we turned the corner into the harbour and saw the hotel's location, I thought "perfect"-Small, right on the harbor, nice outdoor cafe. And it only got better. Great room with windows overlooking the harbor and a rear window that provided great cross ventilation. Front desk was superb-friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The cleaning staff greated us each morning and tried to help with our Croatian pronunciation and the breakfast was surprisingly good. We initially planned a 5 night stay, but added a night since we enjoyed the hotel (and the local food/wine) so much. We plan on returning next May.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

I was really disappointed in my stay at the Adriatic. It was clean and well-located in Rovinj. But the room was really ugly. There are many steps to climb to get to your room and the front desk (except for one person) was rude and unhelpful. I am not a picky traveler. I like a clean and inviting space, a little charm goes a long way with me. This place was clean but not charming and not inviting. The decor was straight out of 1982. The door was padded. It all reminded me of a small berth on a ship. I had no view. I had booked about 6 months in advance and had asked for a room with a view. But apparently that was not to be (I don't think any of their singles have views but they didn't tell me that). But those who wanted to see me shower had quite a view since the curtain over the bathroom window was made of lace and people could see through it! I had a single on the top floor which made for a hard climb with luggage (there are 8 flights of steps despite it being the 4th floor). The front desk refuses to assist with luggage. I paid extra for parking and the lot was about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Very easy to get to. It was 40kn a day. Maybe there was a cheaper option but I was too lazy to find out. Wireless internet was available for a price (I think it was 30kn for an hour) and you had to pay at the desk to get a password. So I had to trudge up and down stairs just to use the internet. Just not convenient. In my dealings with the front desk only one employee stands out as being helpful and pleasant. The rest were curt and one was particularly insulting. The little fridge in the room was old and loud. The shower was pretty strong. They held onto my passport which was a little disconcerting but fine. Breakfast was continental options and made to order omelettes if you chose. Also to note the hotel room was quoted to me in Euros but I was billed in Kunas (which made for last minute calculations to make sure i was paying the amount I thought I would be). After leaving two charming little hotels in Italy, this was a rude awakening upon arriving in Croatia. I would have hoped for the price I would have gotten something more charming but I got a basic hotel which hadn't been updated in many years. Serviceable but not recommended.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No privacy in shower, rude front desk, ugly decor, many steps to climb, loud refrigerator
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Devon, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

Wonderful location right in the heart of the town, in a traffic-free zone. Our room, 305, was smallish but clean and well-appointed, with a great view of the harbour and superb air-con. Sadly no balcony. The beds (2 singles pushed together) were comfortable but refused to behave like a double!. We had no problems at all with noise from the town. Breakfast was excellent, taken on a terrace out the front of the hotel. Our only slight criticism - no lift meant climbing 79 steps up to our room every time. Notes for anyone arriving by car - you can get vehicle access to the hotel to drop off your luggage - the man at the barrier at the end of Giordana Paliage should let you through to do this (wish we'd known that!) Parking in Rovinj is expensive but the hotel has some spaces about 15 minutes walk away - cost about £5 per day. A & K, Devon, England

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No Lift
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed for 2 weeks at the Hotel Adriatic . The position was excellent- right on the harbourfront, so plenty to see and do. Our room was clean with a lovely view and the air conditioning was welcome. The staff were very friendly, always helpful and cheerful. If you want a small, tradition hotel in the centre of Rovinj this is the one.
Sara and John Cheesman, Wiltshire, England

• Liked — Central position, small and personal, friendly
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
shenandoah, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

Great location. Granted you're in Croatia, but we thought it would be nicer. It's OK. Pathetic bathroom but clean enough.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noisy
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charleston, Sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

Just back from Rovinj and 3 nights at the Adriatic. We had room 102 on the second floor. The room was large and clean with steam heat and room controlled AC. The staff was helpful and spoke English well.The location in Ronvinj is perfect and looks out over the main square & harbor. This time of year things are quiet but I understand that it is a mob scene in the summer and that it might be noisy on the main square. Breakfast was average but adequate.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Adriatic? Share your experiences!