Our family of five, including three kids aged 12, 10, and 1 have just spent two weeks at the Lone hotel in Rovinj. We were staying at a Family room, which is effectively two connecting Premium rooms overlooking the neighboring Monte Mullini hotel and (partly) the sea.
Overall, we were quite happy about the hotel, but it turned out there are some nuances we were unaware of before coming there.
On the positive side:
- new. modern hotel with a touch of luxury and contemporary design
- good facilities, spacious, well-equipped rooms
- staff mostly friendly and competent, although some staff members were clearly weaker than the others
- good breakfast - wide choice, high quality of food
- location amidst forest / national nature park
- bike rent and bike tracks
- newly built / renovated beach area
- large tennis center next door
- mini club for little kids and game room for older kids
- nice walk to the historical town of Rovinj
On the negative side:
- beach area quite small and open for the general public resulting in the beach being overcrowded, especially during weekends, and the lack of sun beds / umbrellas (one has to reserve them early in the morning despite the rules in order to get any)
- lack of organized activities for teens, e.g. football, volleyball, other sports; lack of sport facilities on the hotel's large area (playing ball with kids on lawns is forbidden!)
- no proper sport swimming pool, despite several fancy swimming pools, outdoor and one indoor
- mediocre food quality and variety at the buffet restaurant for dinners
- inadequate food offering in daytime - there is only one outdoor restarurant for lunch, and after 1 p.m. it is not possible to get a table any more, so you end up buying sandwiches from the pool bar or use the room service
- generally, the hotel area is open to the public and shared with two other hotels (Eden and Monte Mullini) - there is a feeling of too many people around you, so it is hard to really relax
However, overall, as I said, it is a very nice hotel and I can highly recommend it to those who decided to spend their vacation on the Northern Croatian coast - just be aware of the nuances I outlined in advance and then it is up to you to decide whether it is exactly the right place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lone represents a design-focused synergy of functionality, harmony and elegance. Featuring an impeccable blend of beauty, luxury and cultural heritage, the hotel is a year-round leisure and business destination. Hotel Lone is a unique and extraordinarily designed place located on the waterfronts of the Golden Cape Nature Park (Zlatni rt) and only a pleasant 15-minute stroll from Rovinj’s colorful town centre and marina. Offering 236 spacious rooms and 12 finely detailed suites this hotel represents a design-focused synergy of functionality, harmony and elegance. Featuring an impeccable blend of beauty, luxury and cultural heritage, the hotel offers fine dining restaurants and bars, exquisite entertainment programmes and an extensive Wellness & Spa centre. Hotel Lone captures the essence of Maistra's conference offer. Together with its sister hotels in the tourist destination area, it is capable of hosting major events with over 3,000 participants or tailor-made board meetings and workshops. The largest auditorium within the hotel has a seating capacity of 650, while the capacity of the largest auditorium in the area is 1,800. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Lone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.