“Modern, clean and stylish” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
New in 2014 Beach Concept
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Rovinj
Leeds
“Modern, clean and stylish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is modern, clean and well maintained. Breakfast is buffet style and there is plenty of choice. It is a little walk from the hotel to the centre of Rovinj but after a good breakfast, it's an ideal opportunity to 'walk it off'. Service was efficient and the staff were pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leyland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make our visit to Rovinj very special. We are rugby league fans and wanted to watch an important game, they spent hours helping with technical issues and put the match on the big scrfeen in the entertainment room for us! The hotel is clean, sleek and stylish. The food was excellent. If you walk along the coast it takes around 15 minutes to the town, with a supermarket 5 minutes along the way. Free bikes at the sister hotel Mullini, you can ride in the botanical gardens along the coast for hours. Free boat trips at the Lone. Good resturants, Dream and Tipoli. Nice place for a drink on the harbour where you can sit on the waterfront terrace, Monte Carlo. You can hire a speed boat for 5 hours close to the hotel 400 Kuna.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have only use the spa and it was a pure delight! Thanks to Tamara who is very friendly and advise me with perfection! And also the therapist Teresa who was very professional and did a g
great job! I truly recommend this Spa who worth it for sure!

Treatments :
Back and neck massage 30min
Instant beauty 40 min

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Peter L, General Manager at Hotel Lone, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear HDI74,

Thank you kindly for your comment. I will surelly pass it on to the Spa team, especially to Tamara and Teresa. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and with further development in plan for 2013 we are glad to announce even greater Spa experience at Lone Hotel.
TLV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Anything I say would be too poor to describe this outstanding hotel: It is uniq in every way and a great place to stay!! One of a kind!! The atmosphir and dising , The service,the food, the location!! We were wormly wellcomed and upgraded to a huge swit with a stoneshing veiw!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Sharon,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay soo much and thank you for the great review.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance or help you to arrange your next trip.

Hope to see you soon again
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is my second attempt at writing a review the first one was pending for over a week then never published. Sorry not got time to write such a detailed review.

We enjoyed our stay here. The bedroom was very nice. Did expect it to be tided when the bed is made, maybe they are told not to touch guests belongings. Large bathroom. Wardrobe not long enough to hang a maxi dress.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent. The noise from the Hotel Eden evening entertainment spoils the atmosphere when eating outside. The waiter was unable to answer the difference between two wines I asked about just went onto tell me how good the most expensive. That was not impressive.
Also ate in the lobby bar the food was very good and excellent value for money for the size of sandwich. Staff in this area were very pleasant and friendly.

The breakfast is excellent, shame about the guy who makes the omletes, he really should be in another job. He is very miserable and grumpy.

You can do Aqua aerobics each day in the Eden pool this is great fun.I also did Pilates with Lea. She is an excellent instructor. She also works on reception, have a chat with her when you arrive she will let you know whats going on during your stay. She arranged the free sunset cruise for us. This was excellent watching the dolphins.

Not sure I would class this hotel as 5 * service was variable, however you do get a real feel that some of the staff are trying and have been trained.

Book your Taxi with the travel agent next to the bus station. It costs £40 to Pula airport.

Overall I would recommend to friends, but shop around and book with an agent it is cheaper than direct with the hotel. We used Destionology. Although I still think is is overpriced for what you get unless like previous reviewers you get an upgrade to a room with a plunge pool!

Room Tip: pool side best. However more noise due to Eden hotel night time entertainment which is bad!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I'd like to thank Peter the manager for making this trip so special for us.
My husband booked this for our second wedding anniversary, we were upgraded to a room with a pool on the balcony. It was superb!
Peter send little cakes to our room to welcome us, i have to say what a fantastic hotel Manager, making guests feel so special!
This place is amazing, architecturally it's just stunning, looks like something out of a bond movie. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the space is very well designed. I have to stay we have stayed in five star resorts around the globe and this is without a doubt one of the best resorts I have stayed in.
The rooms are well appointed, with flat screen TV's. Good toiletries and are kept super clean by the maids.
The breakfast is fantastic, with cold meats, cheeses, smoked salmon, the usual hot breakfast items, eggs etc, pancakes, waffles, museli and yoghurts, fruits etc. Fabulous!
The restaurants are good. We ate at the lobby bar for lunch, HUGE sandwiches with fries for a casual lunch time snack, cocktails are great as is the beautiful Croatian sparkling wine which I quaffed by the bottle.
The restaurant L was amazing, we ate there twice. Filip at this restaurant is one of the best people for customer service I have met and made us feel so welcome and special. The food at restaurant L was perfect, we also ate at Restaurant Monte in Rovinj which is supposed to have some of the best food around and I honestly found the food at L restaurant much better quality. I had beef carpaccio with truffles to start which was blissful, and veal stuffed with truffles for main, again amazing. The croatian wines are delightful, I'd go with their recommendations as they were a perfect match. Please try the L restaurant when you go, it's just great!
The spa, what can I say, wow! I had two hour long massages in a week, as did my husband, they were so good. I had the Lone signature massage which was by far one of the best massages I have ever had, the aromotherapy massage was good too. The spa pools are lovely, as are the steam room and saunas etc.
You can hire bikes and we did a couple of cycles through the beautiful national park around the hotel, we also did a Segway tour of Rovinj town which was great fun! Other than that we just relaxed, ate the lovely food, drank the lovely cocktails and chilled out.
We will be back without a doubt, only two hours from London on a plane, I'd go every weekend if I could!
I can't recommend this fabulous place enough, just GO!
Thanks to Peter, the staff and everyone at the Lone, you made this trip so special for us!

Room Tip: The pool rooms are simply amazing!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wow!
Dear Jessica,
Thank you very very much for this wonderful review. I am really glad that you and Christian enjoyed it soo much, I am really sorry that I was not able to meet you personally, but I hope I can make up for this next time.
Just let us know whenever we can arrange anything, either for a personal trip or business.

Best Regards
Cheshire.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We've just come back from a fantastic weeks stay. I can't rate it highly enough. Superb ultra modern hotel built on the edge of a beautiful national park but within a minutes walk of the sea. What more could you ask for? We had a superior room (which is the standard room I think) and it was fab. Loads of wardrobe space, very comfortable bed and lovely bathroom with large window into the bedroom which was a bit weird. A wooden blind wouldn't have gone amiss in the bathroom but not a big deal. A very slight niggle was the air conditioning which was preset and we were not able to adjust it. It was a little too hot for me and I would have liked to have been able to make it cooler. Breakfast was a feast every morning. Catering for lots of different nationalities, there was definitely something for everyone and break fast goes on until 11 am which is a bonus on holiday. On the subject of nationalities, we were definitely in the minority, being British which was a good thing as far as we were concerned. We ate several lunches and evening meals in the On restaurant at the hotel and highly recommend it. Very good value and extremely high quality.

The hotel does need a new pool as the current one (belonging to Hotel Eden next door but shared between both hotels) is not of the same high standard as the rest of the hotel. However a new pool is being built starting in October 2012 and judging from the plans on display, it is going to be fantastic. The spa was one of the nicest I've ever been in. I had a treatment that lasted an hour, consisting of scrubs, mud, massage etc etc and it cost around £50 which for a hotel spa of this standard was very good value. There is also an indoor pool and loads of other spa stuff like sauna's. steam rooms etc (think no clothes in sauna and steam room so didn't venture in!).

The coastline around this part of Istria is really beautiful and we hired bikes one day to explore further. Bikes are readily available nearby (cost around £6 for half a day) and there is a huge national park to explore. Take your swimming gear with you and swim off the rocks. There's loads to do and see in the area. The town of Rovinj is about a 10-15 minute walk away and was pretty crowded but that is to be expected at this time of year. There are a huge number of restaurants to choose from and it's lively but in a good way. It is a pretty town and great to walk around day or night.

Finally, we got a taxi from Pula aiport to the resort. Quite expensive at around £60 from the airport and about £50 going back. I'm sure you can do this cheaper if you plan ahead but we just got the first taxi out of the airport and booked a taxi at the hotel for the return.

Nearly forgot to mention the staff. They really did make the hotel feel very welcoming. It's a 5 star hotel and some hotels of this standard can make you feel they are doing you a favour by allowing you to stay there. We've stayed in enough to know that. This hotel was nothing like that. There was a smile and a greeting from everyone you met, from the reception staff, cleaners and waiters (special mention to Sjephan in the Lone restaurant who was first class).

We will definitely return to this hotel and there are not many hotels that I would say that about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Redbluebell,

Thank you for the great review. I am particular like your comments on service and our team, as I think this is key for a great place to stay. Will share your review with everybody working here.

As you are not the first one mentioning the wooden blinds between bathroom and sleeping room, we are currently looking into a way to change it. As our architect and designer is very passionate about his creation we still have to doubel check with him.

Let us know when you come back, we have to make sure we dont dissapoint you next time.

All the best

Been to Hotel Lone? Share your experiences!