“Lovely setting” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wallingford, United Kingdom
“Lovely setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Lovely, clean, non-smoking hotel. I smoke but they gave me a ground floor, terrace room which suited me fine. The hotel is situated amongst trees and is a short walk to promendate, beach and harbour where you can take a multitude of boat trips. The staff were very accommodating and friendly especially when I tried out my very basic Croatian! Food was great, freshly prepared and varied with some local dishes.

Room Tip: Don't upgrade to a sea view room - there aren't any as the trees have grown. My ground floor...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
karmela_viskovic, Manager at Hotel & Casa Valamar Sanfior, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank You very much for staying in Valamar Sanfior hotel and thank you for sharing your impressions during your stay. We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you at our hotel very soon.
Best regards from Rabac,

Karmela,
hotel manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went for a week to this hotel in September. Wonderful staff, great location and excellent food. I found the rooms to be a bit spartan but very clean. Only problem is that some have shower/baths that are difficult to get into. Pool areas are excellent but chairs need upgrading. Hotel is closing soon I understand for some refurbishment so am sure that will be happening. Croatia does not disappoint nor do its people. A most welcoming extablishment in a lovely part of the world.

Room Tip: At the moment sea view rooms have view partially blocked by large trees. Maybe that will be fixed d...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
karmela_viskovic, Manager at Hotel & Casa Valamar Sanfior, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your opinion with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our food and our staff. Hope to see you soon back in Rabac and in our hotel.
Best regards
Barnet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Everything about the hotel was excellent - fantastic buffet food, warm and welcoming staff, great spa and pool and is in a really good location.

The only thing I would point out is that bedrooms differ greatly from room to room.

My room was comfortable, but had seen better days...

- The air-conditioner was ineffective and did not cool the room down.

- Furnishings were old and had knocks.

- Chairs were comfortable, but were old judging by the quality of the material.

- "Bath"/Shower was very odd. Instead of a full size shower or a bath, the "bath" was basically a raised seat inside the cubicle! It was also much higher than a regular bath, so getting in and out was a mission! I had to hold onto the towel rail to make sure I didn't slip - not very satisfactory.

- Some rooms, like mine, with a "sea view" offered great views of pine trees and if you lead out, you could see the Adriatic on one side and lean out even further and you could see part of the bay.

Other than the niggles with the room, I had a great stay.

To be fair, the hotel is actually due to be renovated next year, so that will be great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
karmela_viskovic, Manager at Hotel & Casa Valamar Sanfior, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for your comment and for staying in Valamar Sanfior Hotel.
I am glad you found everything satisfactory end we are looking forward to hosting you in the future.
Lot of regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here for four days, looking for a quiet relaxing break on my own. I think it's really important when you travel alone that the hotel is welcoming and treats you as well as couples or guests, and I certainly found this.
I would struggle to find fault with this place. Yes the bath is a little small, and the pillows thin, but you also have the option of choosing from a range of pillows. The rooms are modern, comfortable, and double glazed. Pool is clean, and stunnning with plenty of loungers (indoor and outdoor). Breakfast was amazing. I chose to eat at local restaurants rather than in the hotel, because I just prefer the experience, but there seemed to be a great variety of food on offer at dinner.
Service, everywhere from the restaurant to the bar to reception was very friendly.
The resort felt a little dated actually, but that was part of it's charm - it hasn't yet become pretentious or too sophisticated - just a simple place by the sea.
I had a wonderful break and would probably choose a Valamar for any other future trip to Croatia based on this experience.
I hear the hotel is being renovated in 2013, which is a shame, as I thought it quite perfect as it is!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
karmela_viskovic, Manager at Hotel & Casa Valamar Sanfior, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and are very proud you have awarded us top marks in your review. Your kind words encourage us to keep on providing the best possible services to our guests and we hope to be able to extend our warm hospitality to you on some other occasion.
Yours sincerely
Wolfsberg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I've just stayed at this hotel for a long weekend away. I was rather sad to be leaving on the Sunday afternoon, which is always a good indication of a good stay. Situated right on the beach, this hotel looks to have been recently refurbished. The rooms are modern and comfortable although the pillows a bit thin. The half-bath/shower was somewhat odd, and I thought that the toilets with presentation trays were a thing of a by-gone era, but overall, the rooms were nice.
The hotel had an outdoor swimming pool, an indoor pool a spa and massage treatments. The bar area is nice although service could be a little more attentive. I loved the restaurant/breakfast hall. I took the half-board option with buffet breakfast and buffet dinner. It was really superb and the food was lovely and fresh. Chefs cook in front of you both at breakfast and dinner - so I can recommend the half-board option. The restaurant service was excellent and you can seemingly eat as much as you like. The wine choice is excellent and the local wine proved to be very good. The rocky beach with pebble shores is wonderful and the sea is crystal clear and inviting. perfect for swimming and snorkeling. A variety of outdoor activities is close by, such as boat trips, para-sailing etc. A variety of bars/restaurants are also on the sea front, just minutes walk from the hotel and the beach area. Beds can be hired for 30 kunar per day, or you can bring your own and sunbathe for free. Towels are provided by the hotel for free. There appears to be quite a lot of private parking too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hello,

We chose this hotel after reading many reviews.
Our expectations were confirmed:

Staff very attentive and welcoming. I think that is a characteristic of the people of Croatia or in that area at least. I say this because even outside the hotel, street vendors are smiling, attentive, respectful.

Food always fresh and diverse - both breakfast and dinner.

Cleanliness is a common thing and very well done in this hotel (room, restaurant, swimming pool, etc).

Room enough for space, clean, stylish. I really appreciated the comfort of the bed - very restful and healthy body.
The only thing not so good was the air conditioning. Fortunately the temperature outside does not required to use the device.

We liked the hotel and the area! From the terrace and the swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), the view is wonderful. The beaches are small, clean. Sea water is incredibly clear, perfect for diving. Aquatic landscape is wonderful.

I also chose this hotel so that we could visit nearby historic sites (and others): Labin, Rovinj, Pula.
Are also organized day trips to other destinations further away: Plitvice, Venice, nearby islands, etc.. We chose Venice - was great for a day.

I recommend this hotel especially families. It is a very good choice!

Sebastian, Romania

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very nice, close to the sea, excellent food (lot of choice). Excellent service. The rooms are ok, not very big but confortable and clean. Swimming pool just perfect for the children. Great SPA to get massages at a very good price. We loved it (family with 4 children). Excellent 10 days.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel & Casa Valamar Sanfior? Share your experiences!