“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence

You added Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rabac bb, Rabac 52 221, Croatia (Formerly Neptun Rabac)   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Rabac
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

First be careful, cause reservation service tends to change your reservation without letting you know about this. You reserve one room you checked at their Internet page, then they switch it to lower level room. Of course they play innocent when you arrive, but I have written emails from the reservation office about the conduct. I would call this Balkan style reservation.
Same thing with staff behavior. They are not responsible of anything. Knowledge of foreign languages is poor and conduct is inappropriate. Total contrast with Greek or Turkish hotels, where they are friendly and they want to solve problems.
Then there comes a real nightmare. At 24 o'clock there starts a RAVE party below the hotel. Its like sleeping beside a sub-woofer in a disco. Of course reception knows nothing about it.
And this is supposed to be a family friendly hotel? Not for me.
Pool is small for such hotel, and beach is crowded, you literally walk on other people.
Food is industrial, not terrible, but levels beneath Greek hotels.
They will not see me in Croatia on holidays any more. Its much better to go in Greece.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
klaudia v, General Manager at Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Mr,

On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I thank you very much for staying in our hotel. Your comments are of tremendous importance to us, because in this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services, and they provide us with objectives and directions towards continual improvements.
I feel sorry we didn’t completely meet your expectations in the matter you comment to us. We took this really seriously and we have immediately added the point into our training-program in order to develop our service quality and courtesy up to your total satisfaction.

Looking forward to meet you again.

Sincerely yours
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Split, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Stayed one night but this hotel has soul and I absolutely loved it. Great service, friendly staff.Seaside is MUST- one of the best view on Adriatic. Great outdoor swimming pool with also fantastic view. I recommend this hotel for young families. Only bad thing is that access to the "lungo mare" should be much easier with strollers but I think that they are doing some things to improve that. Food is amazing. GREAT HOTEL!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
klaudia v, Manager at Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
First I'd like to thank You for giving Your time and effort in writing this comment. I am very pleased that we succeeded to fulfill Your expectations and that You felt comfortable and welcome in our hotel. In the name of the whole Valamar Bellevue hotel staff, I thank You once again and hope to see You again.

Hotel Manager
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spend beautiful weekend by the sea last October in this marvelous hotels complex. The price was very accessible (because of some seasonal discount). The staff was very polite, and offer us discount in using spa center even that wasn't in our package. The room was very clean, and very quite place for rest. And the best of all was food, delicious and too many choices. It's hotel out of time in a perfect natural environmental.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
klaudia v, General Manager at Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Emmysof,
First I'd like to thank You for giving Your time and effort in writing this comment. I am very pleased that we succeeded to fulfill Your expectations and that You felt comfortable and welcome in our hotel. In the name of the whole Valamar Bellevue hotel staff, I thank You once again and hope to see You next year.
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

i would recommend this hotel for those who are seeking for some relaxing time in the seashore. The beach is beautiful, the water is clean and tempered. You can snorkel and enjoy your sunbaths. There are also plenty of water activities and some excursions to Cres, Venice and other beaches. Nice place to take kids as well, as the water is calm and the hotel provides special activities for them in the morning, afternoon and evening (Maro Club). Concerning the hotel itself, it is good. it is located 15-minutes walking from the village. It's 45 minutes away from Pula and Rijeka by car. Our rooms were spacious enough and pleasant (301/210). We had a little balcony and air-conditioning. We had an initial issue but it was professionally solved. I would say one of this hotel strengths is the service. The staff is friendly and welcoming. We really enjoy our family holidays and got sad to leave. Also, breakfast is diversified and dinner is taken in a good environment. And if you want to for excursions, such as Brujani Park, you can talk to the guest relations officer and she will help you with that. Finally, there is a scuba diving centre in which divers are very professional.

Room Tip: If you book your stay through internet, make sure to call to confirm everything is alright. Room on...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
klaudia v, Manager at Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Nadia,
First I'd like to thank You for giving Your time and effort in writing this comment. I am very pleased that we succeeded to fulfill Your expectations and that You felt comfortable and welcome in our hotel. In the name of the whole Valamar Bellevue hotel staff, I thank You once again and hope to see You and your family next year.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rooms:
We arrived with 3 kids and got two rooms, one with see view and 3 beds, really great room with fabulous view, and one with "parc view", very small room looking to a wall since our room was 1 floor below the street level, right under the other hotel's crouded terrace. We were planning to spend the evenings on the terrace while kids are sleeping in the other room, but the view and noise is not really for that. That made us very unhappy with the room which we paid very high price.
We told this to the reception, but could not do too much about it.
Seeside and pool:
The hotel has a great see coast with white big cobbles, really nice, the only thing is that it is a bit too crouded. The pool is filled with see water, nice, but all beds are booked by the hotel guests although they are not using them...
Dinner & breakfast:
Dinner finishes 9 pm, meaning they remove the food from the buffet tables. This is very unusual in a mediterrain area, lot of us like to have late and long lasting dinners. Food is tasty, soft drinks are very expensive (cola, sprite at 22 kn/0.25l). Breakfast finishes at 9.30, quite early we think.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Mr & Mrs,
First I'd like to thank You for giving Your time and effort in writing this comment. The rooms on park side are not so nice as the rooms with sea side, and probably on time of your reservation there was not any rooms with sea side free, so You book a second room on park side.
The breakfast is served from 07:00-10:00, and from 10:00-10:30 we have a shorter buffet line for breakfast. Dinner is served from 18:30-21:00, due to a lots of small childrens and requests from the parents so we start the dinner half hour earlier than usually.

Fleet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Not the cheapest, but worth the money.
Situated at the end of a long road, this lovely hotel couldn't be further from the small town of Rabac, which I guess could be a problem if you don't have a car and want to do something other than enjoy the hotel, its pool and beaches.
The rooms are fairly small, but modern and well equipped with air conditioning, mini bar, phone, TV, safe, balcony etc.
All the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. There was an over-riding feeling of non-pressure. For instance the swimming pool was open from 8 until 8. At 8:30 in the evening I saw a couple of people still using the pool. In some hotels I have stayed at in the past they would have been shot on site, but here they were respectfully ignored, trusted to behave and leave when they were ready.
Any music around the hotel was tasteful and played at a comfortable volume. The food was excellent. The restaurant and bar staff were friendly, courteous and not pushy.
The views from the sea-facing rooms, restaurant and reception were stunning.
The sea water pool was warm, very clean but a bit on the small size for a hotel this big, although it didn't really matter as lovely small pebble and rock beaches were only 50 metres away.
There were numerous levels to sun bathe on, such as lawns, tree covered areas, a terrace with a jacuzzi, a children's pool area etc. Sun beds and parasols were free in the hotel grounds, but fairly pricey to hire on the beaches.
If I had anything negative to add it would be the parking situation. I was not too happy leaving my car in a public, gravel, secluded car park a considerable distance from the hotel, especially while some residents felt they had the right to leave their cars all week in no-parking areas, close to the hotel, making access difficult for everyone else, with nothing done about it.
In summary, I would recommend this hotel, especially to mature families/couples.
For once, I came home feeling as though I had been on holiday instead of feeling I needed another holiday to unwind!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
klaudia v, Manager at Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Mickfleet,
First I'd like to thank You for giving Your time and effort in writing this beautiful comment. I am very pleased that we succeeded to fulfill Your expectations and that You felt comfortable and welcome in our hotel. Considering the parking lot I fully agree that it is not completely suitable for our guests and we would strongly take into consideration to take actions needed.
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Our 2 weeks stay at the Bellevue Valamar Rabac was an excellent experience from hotel room to people that work there they were very helpful warm and welcoming .Food was excellent with plenty of different variety of choices and most importantly tasty. Our room was clean promptly .Our return to our country was welcoming experience thank to all.
Soldatich

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Valamar Bellevue Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!