There is absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel. So, unusually for me, I will try to be brief !
The hotel is a modern building in its own very well kept grounds going down to the sea. The reception area is light, airy and staffed by some extremely professional and friendly staff for whom which nothing is too much trouble.
Our room was large, spotlessly clean and very well appointed. Expect the standard of one of the better British 4* (eg Novatel/Hilton) chains and that is what you will get.
Daily maid service was efficient and prompt.
We were on a half board package and the food in the restaurant was excellent. I wont go into detail suffice to say that at both Breakfast and Dinner the variety and quality of food was magnificent. I did read a previous comment that said that the food was pretty much the same night after night.
Lets put that in context - if this is the case, its simply because there is everything here in the first place - pasta, pizza, salads galore, grilled meat, roast meat, boiled meat, grilled fish, fried fish chips, rice, etc etc etc. There was so much variety I really fail to see what else they could provide to make it "different". Trust me you will never be short of something interesting to eat here.
There are various benefits here that the brochures/internet do not mention (eg free beach towels and free WiFi throughout). There is a varied animation programme that caters for all tastes. In addition to the usual sporting activities there are things like dancing lessons, Croatian language lessons etc etc. For the first time EVER in nearly 40 years of travelling together, my wife and I got involved !! We went to a "creative" session. I did not really want to go but thoroughly enjoyed it. Again, the staff here were absolutely fantastic, friendly, easy to talk to etc. Perfect people for the job. (thank you Thomaz and Suzi).
The location of the hotel is good, close to the sea but it is a 10/15 minute walk to town. That said in the evening there are several tourist friendly transport options. You must try the late night speedboat "water taxi" back to the hotel jetty at the price of £2 per person. Amazing experience. If you don't like water there is a Dotto train and cycle rickshaws.
One word of warning to avoid disappointment. We booked with a UK tour operator who's description said the rooms had private balconies "overlooking pine woods down to the sea beyond". Our room overlooked the car park. We raised this with the rep in resort who told us that the brochure was inaccurate as the contract with the hotel was for any room. This was a huge disappointment for us and did spoil our holiday somewhat.
That said - this is a tour operator issue and not a reflection on the hotel who were very understanding (more so than the UK tour operator) and I am confident that they would have moved us if possible but the hotel was full.
Croatia is a beautiful country and the people are the finest you will meet. Tourism is important to them and guests are truly welcomed by all. If this will be your first time (it was ours) I would give it a try. If you do, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. If you go there you will not be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Valamar Crystal Hotel Porec
- Valamar Crystal Hotel
- Kristal Hotel Porec
- Kristal Hotel Valamar Crystal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Das 4-Sterne Valamar Crystal Hotel in Porec, 150 m vom nachsten Strand und umgeben von Pinien, ist ein einmaliges Familienhotel an der istrischen Kuste: Ein beheizter Meerwasser-Aussenpool, Maro Club fur Kinder und Teens Club, Spielplatze und Kinderecken im Show-Cooking-Restaurant, in dem auch Buffets angeboten werden, und ein umfangreiches Freizeit- und Unterhaltungsprogramm lassen bei Jung und Alt keine Wunsche offen. Optional lasst sich das Wellnessangebot des benachbarten Valamar Diamant Hotels nutzen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Valamar Crystal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.