Truthfully speaking there is little to add to these well-deserved accolades.
Perfect location. What isn't necessarily clear from the marketing is that this hotel and 2 other Valamar hotels are all set in a large pine forest complex which leads directly from the hotel through the forest on the right past the sea on the left (with various sunbeds and bathing spots interspersed) right through to the marina and into Porec. Beautiful walk. Lively. There are more
peaceful places to sunbathe (over on Fortune Island or further into Zelena Laguna - train or cycle)
but it's atmospheric.
Porec is stunning (will post separately on this)
In spite of the reviews I was unprepared for the quality of food at this hotel. It may be mass produced but it never felt like it was. The choice is superb and for that reason we didn't eat out very much in the evening. Restaurant does get a bit crowded earlier on but we never failed to find a table eating around 7.45-8pm. It is now getting busier with children however.
The pool area is probably a little small but that's not really a criticism. Nice water for a quick dip
but of course lively with kids. Depends what you prefer.
Hotel bar terrace area is very nice but I have to say the bar area itself can be a bit lacking in atmosphere of an evening. Porec is much more beautiful so I would personally only drink at the hotel if you are exhausted after a long trip out but again each to their own.
We had a very nice room lots of wardrobe space. Would think those at the back overlooking the pool and pine forest may be better than the one we had overlooking the front. But that wasn't a bad view at all. It was surprisingly quiet but of course you can't legislate for who you may get around you coming in at 4.30 am (which happened once) The staff are welcoming - particularly restaurant staff and they work tirelessly. I would recommend Valamar per se and this hotel is well worth a visit.
- Also Known As:
- Valamar Crystal Hotel Porec
- Valamar Crystal Hotel
- Kristal Hotel Porec
- Kristal Hotel Valamar Crystal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Das 4-Sterne Valamar Crystal Hotel in Porec, 150 m vom nachsten Strand und umgeben von Pinien, ist ein einmaliges Familienhotel an der istrischen Kuste: Ein beheizter Meerwasser-Aussenpool, Maro Club fur Kinder und Teens Club, Spielplatze und Kinderecken im Show-Cooking-Restaurant, in dem auch Buffets angeboten werden, und ein umfangreiches Freizeit- und Unterhaltungsprogramm lassen bei Jung und Alt keine Wunsche offen. Optional lasst sich das Wellnessangebot des benachbarten Valamar Diamant Hotels nutzen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Valamar Crystal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.