“Nice and cosy, great time spent with the staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Osijek
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Samacka 4, Osijek 54000, Croatia   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Osijek
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice and cosy, great time spent with the staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated near to where I had my business dealings which meant that I didn’t have to do a lot of walking to get to where I wanted, the staff there were great and very accommodating and kept me occupied while I was feeling bored and have had really nice time conversing with the staff there.

The food was a problem but that was because of my dietaries but they managed to facilitate to my dietary and that to me was enough for me to feel at home.

My room was nice and cosy, with the usual suspects of TV etc nothing out of the norm pretty much bog standard, the view would of been awesome but that is because I was there in Feb 2012 and it was -20 with the snow making it freezing to enjoy what could of been a good view, from my room I could see a lot of things but the snow covered most and to be fair my room was just constantly warm which was one of the good things about my stay here, if it was any bad I would of definitely cut my short stay even shorter but it was just perfect.

I would recommend this place as the staff there are very welcoming, attentitive and most importantly very accommodating, keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean, conveniently located, with very polite and professional staff. My room had a river view, adding to overall experience. Food is very good, as well. Generally, this is your place to stay when visiting Osijek/ Slavonia.

• Stayed January 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel has a very modern feel about it and is very clean. The staff on arrival were very friendly and helpful. We were staying in Osijek, for football and the Croaitian Fooftball Team were also staying at the hotel, which meant that it was very busy. This did not impact upon us in any significant way.

Our room was equiped with TV, Air con, safe, and mini bar. the room was clean and roomy enough for us and we had a nice view of the river. The bathroom was clean and adequately sized. we were on the 8th floor and had no issues with noise.

the bar area, was busy at times, however the service was very good and the prices were very reasonable for a hotel..

we had an evening meal, which again, was reasonably priced and very nice. the service was also good. Breakfast was buffet style, with a selection of cereals, cold cuts, cheses etc. there was also sausages, bacon and eggs, unfortunately these items were not very warm (this was the only complaint about the hotel). we checked out early on our last morning and the hotel provided us with a lunch bag (free of charge), which was very nice of them.

we made use of the wellness centre, which did not appear to ever get busy and we had the place to ourselves. the welness area was clean and modern.

The hotel is located on the bank of the river Drava and is very near the shops, bars, cafes and approx 15-20 min from the old town.

I would recomend staying at Hotel Osijek, if you are ever staying in the City.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
White Rock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very modern, clean hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. We were on the 6th floor facing the street which was great as we did not get the noise from the outdoor party boat and pubs along the boardwalk along the Drava River right outside the hotel. The main square of Osijek is only a block away so you are very close to the city center. They have a good variety of food for breakfast and the service was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Osijek.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are quieter than the ones facing the Drava River however the view is not as...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Do not let them put you on a lower floor. If they do, run, do not walk, to another hotel. Lovely hotel EXCEPT...we had a room on the first floor, right above a party(?) on the mezzanine right below us. The band could have been playing in our bathroom, and it would not have been louder. I stewed about it but read until 11 pm. They stopped playing, and I thought, well that's reasonable. I dozed off and then WHAM! At 11:15 they started playing again. Surely, they would stop at midnight, I thought. At 12:15 am, I called the desk to complain and was told they were to stop at midnight and the management would see that they wrapped it up soon. At 1:00 am, the band was still going strong. I called the desk again, and really unleashed my ire. I was told then that there were still 30 people at the party, and that the band would play until everyone left (?!). At 2:00 am, we asked to be moved to another room. At 2:30 am we moved to the 11th floor. I finally fell asleep about 3 am. I would have gotten more rest if I had slept in my car in the parking lot. I forgot what I paid for the room, but the hotel really failed to deliver what a traveller expects...a place to sleep. When we checked out, nothing was said to us by way of apology or partial compensation for a wasted night. I hope this review helps you and helps the management.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Brewer, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great location, spacious rooms and stylish interior. We had a wonderful view of the city from our room on the 9th floor. Good breakfast, free and speedy wifi. Loved the terrace right on the Drava river. Staff was wonderful throughout.
Great new memories of Osijek thanks to this hotel, will come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Zagreb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I spent many days in this hotel due to the fact that I was occasionally working in Osijek. Hotel is located in the city center, next to the Drava river. Four stars say everything: nice and comfortable rooms, clean, nice breakfast with a variety of local food...The fact that you have to pay extra for the parking and the fact that there is no free internet access in the rooms make this hotel - a very good choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Osijek? Share your experiences!