“Best day of the holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 11 Activities in Hvar
More attraction details
Owner description: Hvar tours: Ilirio's Hvar sport private day trips and excursions: Blue cave, Green grotto, Monk Seal cave, snorkeling, zodiac and RIB boat tours, vineyard and wine tours, island safari offroad, beach tours... We create dreams, not only holidays.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best day of the holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

This was our last day in Split/Hvar and it did not disappoint. We went on the 3 cave tour as it was different from the tours offered from Split which went to places you can explore yourself. There were 3 boats of passengers because the blue cave had been shut for a couple of days due to weather. As this trip visits the blue cave in the afternoon it is far quieter than in the morning when most tourists visit. Our skipper loved finding the most exciting route across the waves, I did notice one of the other boats with none swimmers and older passengers took things a bit easier however! The guides took us to some beautiful caves and one amazing underwater cave. There are plenty of places to stop and swim and a wonderful bay serving fresh cooked tuna steak. Overall an excellent trip at half the price of the tours in Split. Worth every penny and couldn't recommend enough.

4 attraction reviews
“Outstanding ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

After a couple days of rainy windy weather, my husband and I finally got to go out with Damir on the Three Cave tour. I was a bit apprehensive about the rough seas and long day but all for naught. This was, without a doubt, the best tour/adventure we have been on, and we've done quite a few! Damir is a master skipper, speeding through rough water like a champ. Was it bumpy? Yes. But it was also hilariously fun, he kept the water spray to a minimum, and masterfully drove through huge swells. The tour around Vis was magical with beaches and towns and the caves. The historical details were fascinating. Damir is thoughtful about stops, giving us three well-spaced food/drink/bathroom breaks. Do NOT miss this trip - it's number one in Hvar for a reason and it's worth it.

“Awesome trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had a wonderful day, and our guide was a legend! We saw beautiful caves, beaches and cliffs, and we visited local towns like Vis.

Traveljunkie034
“VERY disappointing.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Having only one day in Hvar, I had booked the 3 Caves trip several days ahead of time with Illirio's Hvar Tours (at the Atlas Agency). Seeing the blue and green grottos was one of the main reasons I came to Hvar. I paid in full, received confirmation and showed up early on the day of the trip. I was loaded onto a boat waiting 45 minutes because there had been more people booked than they had planned. Just as we were about to leave, the driver realized we were one spot short as there were two people left (one who had shown up late) waiting on the dock. He asked me to get off the boat since I was a single traveler to make room for the other two. There were no more trips to the grottos that day and I was not able to go while in Hvar.

I was crushed and terribly disappointed, as this was the MAIN reason I came to Hvar, and I had booked early. I was also angry at the unprofessional and very unfair way in which this was handled (particularly since I had booked days in advance and had arrived early to the boat, and was ALREADY on the boat). I was offered NO compensation, just a refund and an "oh, sorry, we made a mistake."

I would NOT recommend taking the risk of booking with this company, as you may find yourself in a situation like mine. There are many other companies that offer the same tour on the island. Do yourself a favor and book through one of them.

Visited August 2014
daca_9, Manager at Ilirio's Hvar Tours, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear Madam,

You have bought through Atlas office the trip the ''Three islands tour'' that has nothing to do with the ''Three Caves tour''. You know very well that you did not buy the tour that includes the visit to the caves. As well the price you payed does not fit the price set for the ''Three caves tour''. We have the copy of your receipt (with the number and date on it- 624, 12.08.2014., 16:29:28), just as you have the original. .

Also, please do not compare our tour ( in which you haven't even participated ) with the ones selling on the streets- which are actually forbidden (exclusivelly allowed to sell only in travel agency office) by the Croatian Tourism Law.

However, I'd be happy if you participate the Three Caves Tour next time you show up in Hvar. Free of charge, of course.

Best regards,
Damir
Toronto, Canada
“Best part of a trip to Croatia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I went on the 3 Caves tour with Ivan. It was an incredible experience. The caves were amazing, the beaches were relaxing and Ivan was an great driver and tour guide. If you are interested in seeing some amazing sights and doing some swimming in the Adriatic, this tour is perfect for you. The boat fits 8 -- my tour had 6 -- and the ride is much more comfortable than you would expect considering how small the boat is (I am someone that often gets motion sick, but this was completely fine). Do this tour!