“Gem of a restaurant close to Amfora Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Hale, United Kingdom
“Gem of a restaurant close to Amfora Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great little restaurant which was handy to go to for lunch whilst staying at the Amfora Hotel. Open all day. Huge salads.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
kenilworth
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We made a booking for the bbq lamb evening. On arrival owner took drinks order, two arrived then we waited 10mins for the others. Two very strange prosecco . The lamb was nearly all bone a and expensive. The tuna was over cooked. overall not a good dinning experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Good Food in Relaxed Athmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We found the staff accommodating, the food fresh, of good standard and average pricing.
A good middle of the road eatery in a relaxed & typically Mediterranean setting.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Rude, unwelcoming and poor quality of food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I visited (18.8.13) this restaurant with my girlfriend after seeing a recommendation on a website for Hvar (which I will inform) but left feeling rather upset. Upset because eating out on holiday is one of our favourite things, we get 10 days away to enjoy some great food and Hvar has served up some brilliant meals for us, unfortunately this restaurant ruined it for us and stole one of our nights which we now won't get back.

So where do I start....we waited at the entrance for a good 10-15 minutes whilst (I presuming the owner) walked past us countless times with out even acknowledging us. This was the first time I almost walked away.

When we got our table we ordered some drinks, my girlfriend asked for some Rose wine, which they didn't have so opted for the white which wasn't very nice at all....although she wouldn't let me send it back (won't be the last).

We then ordered our food, both ordering rump steak, at this point I was shocked, the owner (again I presuming) who took our order was so short and rude I couldn't quite believe I was in a public restaurant. He wouldn't explain any of the menu, he wouldn't let us order any sauce with our steak and then once he had left I realised he hadn't asked us how we wanted our steaks so I called him back and asked for them to be done medium-rare. This was the second point I wanted to walk away and leave.

So then the food comes out and guess what.....the steaks are well done to the point they have been chargrilled on the BBQ, I immediately wanted to send them back however this is the second time I was not allowed- we were unfortunately very hungry at this point. We did speak to another waiter at this point to ask for some pepper sauce and this one duly obliged, however the sauce was horrendous and neither of us touched it. We ate what was there and immediately asked for the bill, informed the waiter of the awful meal and left.

I have now been going abroad a couple of times a year since I was 6 months old and very very rarely do you get a bad meal, these restaurants usually do there upmost to look after you. This unfortunately is a blight on this record, Never in my 25 years have I found a restaurant with staff so rude and not willing to listen to the customer, combined with a very poor standard of food. We love Hvar and have not had a bad meal or bad experience with anyone until now. It's a real shame in a wonderful place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great food, polite staff - reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

As I said in the title; Great food, polite staff - reasonably priced.
If you are looking for the place where you could pop every day for a bite in a homely environment this is a place for you.

Visited August 2012