“Not the place to be in” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Not the place to be in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

They gave not the whole fish.they brought it half but took money as if it was the whole!also the taste of fish was not good.it is overrated on tripadvisor...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Abingdon, United Kingdom
“Great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We ate at this restaurant twice and the food was excellent on both occasions, and reasonably priced. Service very good, with friendly staff. Would certainly return to eat there if we went back to Cavtat.

Visited October 2012
Nottingham, UK
“Over-rated reviews, poor value for money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I used trip advisor to choose this restaurant and was disappointed. In comparison to other places we ate in cavtat and Dubrovnic...many of which were totally amazing, this place was by far the most expensive and easily the most disappointing!!

We were enticed in (to my regret) by the charming gentleman that gives you free home made liqueur..the cherry was lovely...in fact by far the best thing I consumed that night!!

The meal was disappointing to say the least...I had risotto....i really got into this dish on this trip and it was the 3 rd time I'd eaten it at different places so I had a good idea of the standard to benchmark a good risotto....I would give this one 3-4 out of 10. Not very tasty, slightly dry, sufficient...but that was it. My main course of grilled seabass was a real let down, small, totally over done, in fact so much so the skin stuck to the dry flesh and I couldn't even get fish meat out of it. I am sure the waiter knew...he looked embarrassed when he put it down...and when he returned to the table to ask if all was ok.......I shook my head,shrugged my shoulders and he walked away rather than address the issue!!!??? Any self respecting chef with a supposedly high quality restaurant (less than a meter from the sea), in a fishing town.....should have been ashamed to serve fish that had been cremated in such a way ....to a paying customer. It was my most disappointing meal in the whole week in Croatia....and that includes eating out lunch and dinner every single day. They use trip advisor as a tool to get customers in....in fact his line while we were looking at the menu was 'we were voted best restaurant on trip advisor'. They need to be far more careful about the meals that they are dishing up...especially something as basic as grilled seabass! The beautiful fresh ingredients will do all the talking...it doesn't take a genius to serve this right - its basics. That meal came to about £80 which I feel was a rip off for the quality! Totally over priced for what was served up....

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“complimentary drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Near the end of our holiday when we went, it was a very good meal with complimentary drinks to start, I had a steak, cooked rare as I requested, but it was on a sizzeler and was well done before I was halfway through, there was no problem with the other three meals,one of the few places without a sea view

Visited October 2012
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Best in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We tried most of the decent restaurants in Cavtat and this one is definitely the best. Excellent food, friendly staff, pleasant location, ticks all the boxes. Well pleased and dined there three times. I am very fussy, if I say it's good then be assured that it jolly well is.

• Visited October 2012