“Simply fabulous....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Giardino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bol
Villa Giardino
You added Villa Giardino to your Saves list
Novi Put 2, Bol, Brac Island 21420 , Croatia   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bol
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Simply fabulous....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights in July for my honeymoon. We arrived and were greeted by Christine and some nice cold lemonade. All the staff were very polite and helpful, with a special mention to Aida. They have lots of tips and recommendations for eating out and other excursions. They will call restaurants to book you a place or call car rental companies if you need a car. Our room was spacious, clean and right near the back garden, where you can put your feet up in the shade. The beds and pillows were comfortable....which you can't take for granted at a lot of hotels! The breakfast was delicious - start you off with bread and local made jam, then you can order cooked breakfast. I usually went with the scrambled eggs and bacon. I think the hotel is good value for money.

The location is perfect. You can stroll into Bol center in 2 minutes. There is a small supermarket on the street down to Bol, and a bakery, ATM, pharmacy etc...

From there you can get a boat virtually anywhere. If you want to walk to Zlatni Rat beach it is a nice 30 minute walk, mostly through a pine tree covered promenade along the water where people are selling their wares. There are lots of good restaurants to try.

You might want invest in some water shoes for the beach. I would 100% recommend Villa Giardino if you are coming for a few days break or 10 days or 2 weeks. You will have a fabulous time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Everything about Villa Giardino. We stayed in far 'fancier' hotels on other islands but the efforts of Christine and her team surpassed them easily. Our stay was part of our honeymoon and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The homemade lemonade on its own ensures the number 1 ranking. A blissful retreat.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The moment you arrive, Christine greets you, offering you her fresh lemonade, you know you have arrived at a truly lovely hotel. It's stunning gardens, great breakfasts, perfect location, lovely rooms make this a great place to stay. Christine is passionate about guests having the best experience and her whole team echoes this.

We were there on honeymoon and we couldn't have asked for more. I suppose that is why it is number 1 on trip advisor!

• Stayed July 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was a little skeptical of any hotel that describes itself as having 'antiques' - however the Villa was very tastefully done with great sculptures and none of the cluttered / nic-nacs I was worried would fill every corner.

The hotel was clean, comfortable and had beautiful gardens that were well cared for. The staff members were very helpful. Also, the breakfast was delicious. Try their homemade fig jam!

5 minute walk from the center of town / ferry landing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

What we liked:

- Helpfulness before arriving - Christine provided us with information on the best way to get to Bol and I always received quick replies to my emails.

- Location, short walk from the harbour up hill. Easy access to everything in Bol, supermarket 2 minutes away and we enjoyed the shaded 15 minute walk to Zlatni Rat beach.

- Impressive building and gardens, as you walk up the hill the Villa is facing you at the top and looks beautiful. You have to buzz the bell to access but once checked in you get a key to the front gate.

- Homemade lemonade, as many people have mentioned the lemonade was delicious and very welcome after the boat trip to get to Bol.

- Room wise the bed was comfy but I couldn't quite work out if the furnishings were either a little dated or meant to look old worldy, either way it was fine and well equipped.

- The warm goodbye we received from Christine on leaving

Why we haven't given it a 5...

Many have mentioned how great the breakfast was however due to wasps, we found it quite stressful. At one point on our first day we had 4 buzzing around the table and one was sat on my boiled egg. I can tolerate the odd one buzzing around but as there was a number so I jumped up out my chair. I get the impression that the member of staff who serves the breakfast was unhappy that I was hopping about, however she did go and get us a fly swatter to swat them away. We changed tables the following day but still experienced a couple of them buzzing around us which did impact on how much we enjoyed the breakfast.

The gardens are beautiful and after a morning at the beach we took the opportunity to relax in the comfortable garden loungers. There were many wasps buzzing about and I managed to get two very itchy bites on my back. I appreciate there is little the staff at the Villa can do about bugs and insects though.

We did enjoy our stay at Villa Giardino in beautiful Bol. It was the most expensive place we stopped out of 4 different places during our trip. I am not entirely convinced it was the best value place we staid at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We are here on the 2nd day and this is my favourite hotel on our trip in Croatia. From the moment we were greeted by Christine and her cats and served lemonade from home grown lemons we have liked it here. I am traveling with 2 teenagers and we got two adjacent rooms. The rooms are small and cosy with two separate beds and air conditioning. The hotel is 1 min away from the seaside but has a very relaxed atmosphere, a small garden on the back and breakfast is served outside on the other side. Would recommend to adult couples and people traveling with older children. If you are travelling with small children there are probably better options.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Barkway, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our third visit to this beautiful villa and it just seems to get better. We had a warm welcome from Christine and Aida and immediately felt at home.As other reviewers have said, it is spotlessly clean, the garden is beautiful and a welcome retreat during the hot afternoons, the breakfasts are superb. The location is good and close to good restaurants (Mendula is particularly enjoyable and reasonably priced) and it is a pleasant shady walk to Zlatni Rat beach.The boat excursions on" Frane",( moored in the harbour),to Hvar and Jelsa are very enjoyable We can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Giardino? Share your experiences!