We had a booking with the agency (via Booking.com) for a 2 weeks stay in Bol in August this year. When we arrived (late) at Adria Apartments agency, we were placed at Tudor 3 apartment, far from the sea. In short: the building is new "villa" built very economically with space so tight to fit 4 apartments in a small house. The view from the front window is to the other side of the street (miraculously, no view to the bay, although the city is - typically - built on a hil towards the sea and you get the sea view almost from every place). The view from both of the bedroom small windows is to a cement wall that surrounds the building from the back and side. The bedrooms were just about as large as the double bed in there (plus a 20 cm margin around the bed's 3 sides). The bathroom was so tight one person can only stand there. The whole place is painted and tiled white (probably goes with the lowes cost of decor they could find). We were 5 and the 3rd daugher had to stay in the living room on an extended bed - the surface of it after unloading was somehow u-shaped and her back was aching after the night's "rest".
I asked for a piece of garden or terrace with the apartment. What we got was a table with 4 chairs in front of the apartment on a ground filled with rubble left after apparently after the construction. No shade, no greenery. The stairs leading to the parking in the front of the building were unprotected (no side rails) - welcome to the emergency room if you or your kids are not careful enough. To park in the provided parking space you have to be a contorsionist driver - fit into the space between electrical cabinet and metal poles just wide enough as your car's witdth from tip to tip of the side mirrors - minus a few centimeters. All the night there is an irregular sound of water dripping from the aircon unit to a metal pipe or pan ("pat, pat, patpatpatpat, pat, pat, patpat" - all night - a Chinese torture).
The apartment itself was advertised to us as "3 star standard" and the price - EUR 128/night was supposed to be the standard price in the area - that's a lie (see below).
In the morning ,we went to the agency and told them we do not stay in the Tudor 3. They showed me 1 more apartment for the same price and it was bad as well.
I decided to cancel the booking with Adria, and within 30 minutes found a spacy apartment with a great garden and place for dinner in it, 3 bedrooms, living room with a kitchen and balcony with a view to the sea - for 90 Euro/day! It is much closer to the sea and the city center as well.
I want to warn everybody against the Adria Apartments - these people are selling substandard accommodation for exuberant prices and are using customers who are not mobile enought to drop them. They also tell them things about the prices they charge that are not true (like, it is a standard price in the area - [--]!).
The person serving my complaint suggested there will be large amount of money to be paid if I cancel after 1 night and was somehow disapointed when she saw that my booking only obliges me to pay for 1 night aftetr cancellation (thank you, Booking.com!). Anyhow, she charged me EUR 128 for 1 night accommodation that was worth EUR 30-40 tops.
Adria Apartments - a very bad start of otherwise great holiday.
- Also Known As:
- Adria Apartments Hotel
- Adria Apartments Hotel Bol
- Adria Apartments Bol, Croatia - Brac Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully set in the small town of Bol in the southern part of the Brac Island, Adria Apartments are housed in typical Dalmatian buildings in peaceful and quiet areas. These self-catering apartments come in all shapes and sizes, either with a balcony, garden or terrace (often with a sea-view or view of the mountain rising behind Bol). Outdoor BBQ/grill facilities and shared swimming pools can also be found at some properties.All Adria Apartments are approximately 5 to 10 minutes by foot from the town centre, where you will find plenty of restaurants, café bars and shops, and Bol’s beautiful beaches. From the centre of Bol you can take the tourist train or a taxi boat, which will take you to the famous Zlatni Rat Beach, one of the most popular beaches of the Adriatic. We also offer our guests free parking at Zlatni Rat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Adria Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.